Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Equestrian claw of Vangeance (5X5)

MickeyAdaptus

OOC: 

Somewhere in Space

In the void of space was a lone strike cruiser, one of the last remaining vessels of what was left from the formally known Astral Claws space marine chapter.

the strike cruiser seemed to look very ancient and rusted, a shadow of its former self as the spacecraft had been drifting trough the immaterium for quite a while.

After some time the craft emerged from the warp, its course had drastically altered by the chaotic energies that the immaterium possessed.

When it emerged, it shot out like a missile trough space, no longer was it under control as it crashed into a nearby planet, Equestria.

The strike cruiser started to burn trough the atmosphere until it crashed into the heart of the Everfree forest, leaving a massive crater and all the trees around it being turned into nothing but ash and cinder.

The spacecraft trough rusted beyond belief still had its chapter colour scheme, the colour was a deep silver, and the emblem of the Astral Claws was imprinted on its side, showing the once proud chapter that had eventually turned to the ruinous powers of Chaos.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Can we post part of the storyline?

If so, here it goes:

A lone space marine emerged from the wrecked spacecraft and looked around. He was expecting an error message from the ship, but the ship's basic UI was totaled. There was nothing to do but to try and find a civilization, or better, an Astral Claws scout base. 

(Referring to your character, @Mickey Adaptus)

Edited by OracleOfTwilight
Conflicting lore and storyline, Is this ok?
  • Brohoof 1

The Astartes walked out of the crashed strike cruiser as he took his surroundings.

The 8 feet tall armoured space marine looked around him with a cautious gaze under his helmet.

"This planet seems to show life in the form of fauna, yet no Xeno activity has popped up in my Auspex yet, I had better proceed with caution." The space mare thought as he walked further, his bolter clutched in his hands.

He started to navigate through the forest.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Techno Universal @OracleOfTwilight @Pripyat Pony @Derplight Sperkle

Equestria, From canterlot to manehatten was in mass panic, Something had just fallen from space and now the royal sisters sent a team of guards to meet the threat. The group of soldiers was lead by non other than Captain Maple Bat. While she focused on the problem, Celestia and Luna where going around telling everypony "We are unsure if the odd thing that fell from space is an enemy or not we have some guards going to investigate now."

Maple had positioned the guards in a defensive line she was standing in front of it as a sign of peace. She waited patiently for who or what ever was inside that ship to show themselves.

Edited by Maple Bat
Mentions
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Secretly, Princesses Celestia and Luna had hired a mercenary named Supersonic, an elite fighter whose service to the crown was not known, event to the top captain, Captain Maple Bat. Under the sister's instruction, she crept into the forest, beyond Maple Bat and her soldiers, to investigate and possibly talk to the fallen object and any possible passengers. 

Supersonic flew silently through the sky, the magnifying headset that Sunburst had crafted for her helping her see through the thick, fluffy clouds. Clad in her signature silver armor, she flew down, pointing her crossbow at the mysterious, gigantic stranger, who seemed to be wearing the armor of an Astral Claws space marine and said, "Who are you?"

• Brohoof 1

The Space Marine was still scanning area as he saw Supersonic pointing a crossbow at him.

When the mare spoke, space marine was surprised at what he was speaking.

'It turns out this planet is inhabited by Xeno's that have not yet been found by the Imperium, but what surprises me, even more, is that it is talking in low Gothic? I had better keep my guard up, who knows what these aliens have in store.' he tought

He then started to speak in a deep rattling voice that was coming from his helmet.

"Greetings, inhabitant of this world. I am Brother Elyssios, Veteran of the Astral Claws second company, hailing from the Imperium of Mankind." he spoke.

He then narrowed his eyes under his helmet.

"I would recommend you watch where you point that thing Xeno, I might get the wrong idea, it is unwise to point your weapon at an Astartes." He said.

Yet he did not raise his bolter, he just kept it firmly grasped as he eyed every body movement of Supersonic, standing ready in case she decided to engage him.

• Brohoof 1

(I forgot to detail one of the powers of her armor, tell me if it is OP, the "avatar" it produces just makes Supersonic bigger, increasing her size to eleven or twelve feet, it has no other effects other than that, and yes, it is magical)

Supersonic smiled under the metal and leather faceplate of her armor, and said, "What business do you have here?" As she spoke, the purple gems set into all four of her gauntlets and in her breastplate and helmet started to glow. From the gems came tendrils of purple energy that coursed around her and obscured her for a moment before she was lifted into the air, and the tendrils of energy formed what was unmistakably a larger version of her, with her in the very center. Suddenly, she beat her wings, and the purple, spectral version of her beat its wings as she did. "This is my Avatar! It is the last set of armor like this in Equestria, and it came at great personal cost."

• Brohoof 1

@OracleOfTwilight @Mickey Adaptus

Maple saw... Something... A giant pony? She gave the signal to hold. Digging her back hoofs into the dirt. Her second in command would know what to do had she not returned. She walked into the forest with her bow The "Heart's Eclipse" at the ready. She saw the source of the larger pony was only magic. She then looked at the Space marine, She decided to put her bow away for the time being. "Civilian! Stand down." She ordered, turning to the Marine she bowed "Greetings. I am Captain Maple Bat. I'm here with the understandment that you present a threat to Equestria." Her hoof uneasily moved to her bow "I'm here, under orders, to investigate those claims and deem them true or false. So which is it?..."

• Brohoof 2

(My character will be an ally, she just takes a long time to warm up, no friendly fire from her will come)

Suddenly, Captain Maple Bat walked out into the clearing, much to the surprise of Sonic. After Maple yelled to Supersonic to stand down, Supersonic flew downwards, her Avatar making a huge sound when it landed. She pointed her crossbow at Maple and said, "Do not tell me to stand down. The Princesses ordered me here to analyze this threat, and I deem this pony to be one to trust. After all, he looks like a space marine, and those I deeply respect. I am Supersonic the Mercenary, and I am an elite assassin and bodyguard, scout, among others. You, Maple Bat, do not tell me what to do! I take no orders from one who wears the symbol of a common Captain! Only the Princesses order me, and if you cross me, you will be dead before you know it!"

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat @Mickey Adaptus

Celestia and Luna had thought it wise to send an alicorn princess along with the guard, as nopony knew who or what the visitors were, and whether they intended peace or war. Therefore, if they were hostile, an alicorn with powerful magic would come in useful, both for attack and defence. Conversely, should the visitors be peaceful, the princess could welcome them to Equestria. The princess chosen for the job was Clover, the Princess of Magic. She accompanied Captain Maple Bat, wearing a cloak so as to hide her true nature should the element of surprise be needed. She let the Captain do the talking; her turn would come if the visitors should prove a threat. Clover had had powerful magic even as a unicorn; when she became an alicorn, her magic was only intensified. However, she wasn't about to show her hoof this soon.

@OracleOfTwilight On hearing Supersonic speak, Clover stepped forward. "I am a Princess," she said to the assassin. "I believe that I have the right to command you, in that case. I suggest we all calm down and let the Captain speak to the visitors."

• Brohoof 2

Elyssios was about to reply until suddenly he saw what the mare was doing.

His auspex scan in his helmet showed considerable changes in the presence of the pony.

'That Xeno is showing some sort of powers, could it be a Psyker? From the looks of it, it reminds me a lot of Eldar Witchcraft.' the astartes thought.

His thought about her being a Psyker diminished tough as she explained about her armour.

'It must be a relic' he thought with interest.

It was then that heard the voice of Maple that he shot his eyes towards where the voice was coming from, his auspex scan showing multiple ponies eyeing him from a distance.

'Would you look at that, a race that doesn't attack anything on sight like Orks, but neither shows any signs of deceit and trickery like the Eldar? This is a rare occurrence, especially when the Adaptus Astartes is involved.' he noted to himself.

"Greetings Captain, it would depend on the actions of your race, should your race prove to have no intentions of harming humanity, then i will be no treath to your civilization, however-" his answer was interrupted by Supersonic's reaction to Maple.

'A Xeno that respects an Astartes? I know from centuries of duty that the regular populace of humanity sees us space marines as the Angels of Death but for a Xeno, this is a rather interesting turn of events. And her attitude reminds me very well of Conversations between Space Marine Captains and Inquisitors.' he thought with big interest towards Supersonic's personality. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pripyat Pony @Mickey Adaptus

When Supersonic saw the Alicorn princess, she immediately flew down, and at the same time de-activated her avatar and sank into a bow, thrusting out her chest to show the badge that showed her rank as a bodyguard of the Princesses. "My apologies, your majesty."

She then turned to the Captain. "Maple Bat, do not consider us allies. We may work together, but I work only with the Crown. 

Then, she referred to the Marine. "I respect your kind because you are the reason my brother is alive. Your kind saved him from death in a raid on a distant moon."

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios yet saw another pony pop up in his auspex scanner, only this one seemed to alarm him a bit.

'That one seems to be a Psyker, and no weak one at that.' he thought with caution.

He turned back to Maple and continued his answer.

"However, should you prove to be hostile towards Humanity, then the answer will be obvious enough." 

Elyssios answered. He was standing focused at all times, his experience as a space marine and the Codex Astartes taught him this very well.

@Mickey Adaptus

Maple looked back at the marine "Don't give me a reason to attack an I won't." She said bearing her fangs in their full glory. She turned to face Supersonic "As for you if you where assigned by princess Luna as I was then she should have given you orders to follow mind... I'm guessing 'Tia told you to come here then..." She looked over at Clover "Thank you for the assistance, Princess." Afterwhich she faced the Marine again "I told you my name it's only fair if you do as well."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Supersonic stood and walked toward the Alicorn Princess and stood between the Princess and the marine. 

"This Marine means no harm. His spacecraft is wrecked and we should welcome him until he can return. If he is ready to assist us in an offensive way, as he seems to be a skilled fighter, he should come with me and combat the hordes of the hydra that are attacking scout bases in the perimeter guard of Equestria. Captain Maple, you should come also with your squad. Princess Clover, the Princesses Luna and Celestia have given me permission to command all citizens and officers of the crown excepting the Princesses and Captain Maple Bat. The Marine is not a civilian, so I cannot command him. As for you, Captain Maple Bat, the Princesses wanted this to be a covert mission, and I would have told you had I been allowed to. They also alerted me of how I am at an equal ranking with you. We cannot command each other.

• Brohoof 1

@OracleOfTwilight

Elyssios smiled behind his helmet.

'That Xeno is smart, so far she has shown to know more about a space marine then all the other ones here.' he thought

"Very well, lead me to these *Hydra's*. They shall meet the Emperor's sword before long." Elyssios said towards Supersonic.

• Brohoof 1

@Pripyat Pony @OracleOfTwilight @Mickey Adaptus

Maple walked over too Supersonic "I too was informed of the attacks. I can get us there quickly" She looked at Clover "However I'll need a bit of an outlet for my Chaos magic what having no horn of my own. I'll just need to place my hoof on you to channel my energy and I can open a portal to get us and my army there quickly. However I won't do it without your permission Princess."

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios seemed to snap a bit at the mention of *chaos magic*.

"What did you say there? Did I hear you say *chaos magic?*"   Elyssios had a warning undertone in his voice, his space marine senses had come to a full alert the mentioning of those words.

"I demand to know what this *chaos magic* is that you are referring to because for your sake it better not the powers of the immaterium. Should that be true, I won't hesitate to put down an Agent of Chaos." Elyssios said.

(edited)

Feeling threatened, Maple's instincts kicked in, She lept backwards unslung her bow and drew back the string, A magical arrow forming in place. Gliding in the air she held there for a second. "..." She looked confused "Powers of the immarerium? What? No it's Discord's magic..." She thought for a second "Then again you probably don't know who that is... He's our resident god of disharmony who recently reformed, and I his daughter. I am an agent to no one except Princess Luna." She landed and faced Supersonic, she was however worried about getting shot in the back of the head since she never wore helmets "If it was supposed to be covert then why did you grow giant like that I though that you where the danger and I came to meet but when I saw the human I knew that it wasn't you." She said to the finally turned to face clover "Back to what I was saying earlier may I channel my energy through your horn Princess Clover?"

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat Clover didn't have to think the request over; she had done this before for Maple and trusted the batpony. "Yes, I'm sure you remember the rules from last time," Clover said with a smile. The rules being that everypony else needed to make sure that they were not touching either herself or Maple while the channeling was taking place, as the force of the magic would knock a pony unconscious. However, anypony standing close but not touching would be safe enough.

• Brohoof 2

Maple nodded "Right that means no one touch me or Princess Clover until I finish" She said to the group while putting her hoof on clover's side allowing the slumbering chaos magic within her to waken and channel through the alicorn's horn, Clover began to feel the uneasyness that Maple's magic presented as she did last time. Her horn started to glow a dark red a few seconds later a zipper appeared floating in mid-air. Maple smiled since that's what was supposed to happen and bowed "Thank you princess." She flew over to the the zipper and tugged on it a bit knowing it was solid, and ready she looked at the group "Everyone ready to go?"

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Feeling threatened, Maple's instincts kicked in, She lept backwards unslung her bow and drew back the string, A magical arrow forming in place. Gliding in the air she held there for a second. "..." She looked confused "Powers of the immarerium? What? No it's Discord's magic..." She thought for a second "Then again you probably don't know who that is... He's our resident god of disharmony who recently reformed, and I his daughter. I am an agent to no one except Princess Luna." She landed and faced Supersonic, she was however worried about getting shot in the back of the head since she never wore helmets "If it was supposed to be covert then why did you grow giant like that I though that you where the danger and I came to meet but when I saw the human I knew that it wasn't you." She said to the finally turned to face clover "Back to what I was saying earlier may I channel my energy through your horn Princess Clover?"

Elyssios then became silent, his gaze never leaving. He then put on his vox device that was built inside his helmet towards his ship. "Corthus, perform a long out scan and search for any recent changes in the warp, We might have a chaos insurgency on our hands, or perhaps even a Full-fledged heresy."

"Of course my lord." said a mechanical voice in the vox channel.

6 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Maple Bat Clover didn't have to think the request over; she had done this before for Maple and trusted the batpony. "Yes, I'm sure you remember the rules from last time," Clover said with a smile. The rules being that everypony else needed to make sure that they were not touching either herself or Maple while the channeling was taking place, as the force of the magic would knock a pony unconscious. However, anypony standing close but not touching would be safe enough.

A few seconds later the mechanical voice replies back "My lord, the scan has been completed, it turns out that these Xeno's have a small presence in the warp, but don't they don't seem to be channelling their powers straight from the warp, they seem to use different source for their powers."

5 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Maple nodded "Right that means no one touch me or Princess Clover until I finish" She said to the group while putting her hoof on clover's side allowing the slumbering chaos magic within her to waken and channel through the alicorn's horn, Clover began to feel the uneasyness that Maple's magic presented as she did last time. Her horn started to glow a dark red a few seconds later a zipper appeared floating in mid-air. Maple smiled since that's what was supposed to happen and bowed "Thank you princess." She flew over to the the zipper and tugged on it a bit knowing it was solid, and ready she looked at the group "Everyone ready to go?"

"Understood, keep me up to date Corthus, only the Emperor know's what is lurking in the darker reaches of this world."

"Very well my Lord, praise the omnissiah!" the mechanical voice said

"The Emperor protects, let the Claw find its mark!" Elyssios chanted a warcry as he disabled his vox.

He then looked at the group.

"This had better not be a trap Captain, I will hold you to that." he said with a cautious voice towards Maple as he moved to the group.

Supersonic flew overhead, leading the path across the Equestrian desert. She could hear the roars of the Hydra in the distance. "Maple, could you give me an update on the excuses for soldiers you command? Also, you do know that the only reason I respect you is because you have capital skill in fighting, right?"

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios had been staring into the distance for the entire time.

He had been pinpointing the Hydra's on his Auspex while the others were waiting.

"Forget the Reinforcements, I am engaging these *Hydra's if any of you feel like joining me, go on right ahead if else, stand on the sidelines and let us prevail." Elyssios said.

He started walking forwards towards the Hydra's in a steady pace.

As Space Marine, he was used to attacking without any reinforcements, especially when there were no other astartes involved, but perhaps it was also his pride, as the Astral Claws were known for their pride in battle.

He then aimed his bolter and waited for a few seconds.

Then he fired, a massive echo sounded trough the desert as the bolter round crushed trough one of the Hydra's heads.