Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Equestrian claw of Vangeance (5X5)

MickeyAdaptus

"You have my thanks, Brother Hasdiel, may the Lamenters be shown the same courage as they showed during The Corinth Crusade, The Emperor Protects."

Elyssios replied back over the vox.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after the Ritual, that the awakening of the Mighty dreadnought had finally come to pass.

"Service to the Emperor, the fortunate may have time to repent!" The voice of the dreadnought boomed to so loud it was even heard outside the Strike cruiser at a big volume.

It started walking outside, the ground shaking under its heavy feet, its Plasma Cannon was glowing with an unnerving glow.

Spoiler

eb7bc6b5162fbb837faeefa9da28a558.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Supersonic gathered a token force and left them with the camp (the token force being about 20 soldiers) and flew over with the majority of her army, and landed next to Elyssios with her force. "How many are there?"

• Brohoof 1

"Around 200 cultist, but they have 30 chaos space marines among them, wich means we might not be able to straight out win this." Elyssios replied

"I know someone who can tip the scales in our favour, but we need to wait for him, but we need to keep an eye on these traitors in the meantime, making sure they do not attack somewhere else."

• Brohoof 1

Maple felt the ground shake nearby the cruiser where techno was laying. She saw a giant warmachine given the assalints before hand she decided to attack the machine. She landed on the giants shoulder and aimed her weapon she was about to release the string when she saw it glow blue. She slowly realsed tension on the string, Making sure her arrow didn't fire off. "Hello? Is there someone in there? Don't attack I'm peaceful." She felt weird talking to a machine. She flew in front of it flying backwards to face it

---------------------------------

@Mickey Adaptus @OracleOfTwilight

Moonshadow approached the group with 9 ponies behind him. "These are Maple's honor guard. Only the most trained soldiers. Those who's time training rivals the captains. Ten brave ponies make up this group and I'm one of them. Think of us as The only line between the Guard and Luna herself save Captain Maple. We are ready to assist."

• Brohoof 2

The Dreadnought halted its movement when it saw Maple and stood there was facing her with an uttermost interest.

But the memory of the Ancient space marine had been rather bad ever since his broken body was embedded into the walking sarcophagus.

"Welcome Xeno, what honour did I get to be awake for once again?"  it asked with a very deep mechanical voice.

But the Dreadnought did not know why he was released, perhaps only because there was a battle at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elyssios nodded "May the Emperor stand with us all today."

"Follow my lead at every moment, these traitors are cunning and will show uttermost strength when given the chance, once my ancient brother arrives,  I will strike straight into the encampment."

"Moonshadow, when my brother charges into the fray, you and the honour guard will take cover behind his armour until you are close enough to the enemy, some of the chaos space marines bear weaponry that could even tear trough Power armour like it is nothing."

"Supersonic, you and your army will perform hit and run attacks from the air, and the enemy is thrown into disarray, you strike with full fury from the skies." Elyssios explained.

"We follow this strategy, and we will have a chance to make these traitors bleed on the ground before our presence."

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

Maple felt the ground shake nearby the cruiser where techno was laying. She saw a giant warmachine given the assalints before hand she decided to attack the machine. She landed on the giants shoulder and aimed her weapon she was about to release the string when she saw it glow blue. She slowly realsed tension on the string, Making sure her arrow didn't fire off. "Hello? Is there someone in there? Don't attack I'm peaceful." She felt weird talking to a machine. She flew in front of it flying backwards to face it

---------------------------------

Moonshadow approached the group with 9 ponies behind him. "These are Maple's honor guard. Only the most trained soldiers. Those who's time training rivals the captains. Ten brave ponies make up this group and I'm one of them. Think of us as The only line between the Guard and Luna herself save Captain Maple. We are ready to assist."

When the machine was awoken Techno reacted in a way where his system was trying to contact the machine. He then stopped firing lasers and his eyes where displaying a grid of blue pixels that where strobing extremely fast. He was also making an extremely loud dial-up tone as his system was presumably trying to save itself...   

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maple looked curiously at the machine. She realized that someone was inside it probably. She flew back over to the giants shoulder laying down on it she said "Well I believe you are needed by your ally over there." She pointed the the direction. After a while of she got curious about something "Hey! Do you have a name? You can call me Maple." She smiled to see if he was an actual person in the armor.

---------------------------------------

Moonshadow walked over with his heavy spear to Supersonic. "Excuse me Captain." He said addressing her "I have a strategy for the upcoming battle and am requesting you here me out on it." He wasn't sure how to address the captain he knew Maple well from all their missions but this person was 'Tia's captain. "I need one of your Stormbringers to strike my Spear with lighting when I raise it skyward. I know it's dangerous which is why I'm not going to wear armor for this assault. Trust me Ma'am you won't be disappointed I'm captain Maple's second in command for a reason."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Supersonic nodded. "Yes, I will have one of my stormbringers strike your spear. Make sure the haft is covered with wood." She turned her head. "Blitz! Get over here!" She looked back at Moonshadow. "This is Flare Blitz. You two will be fighting back to back in this battle, as it is safer. My army will strike from above, but I want you and Blitz to fight on the ground. Oh, and by the way, calling me Captain is fine."

Edited by OracleOfTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@OracleOfTwilight

Elyssios nodded.

"Engage the cultist but watch out with engaging the Chaos space marines, a single one of them is capable of wiping out 50 ponies if given the chance, and especially since your weaponry will be having a very hard time penetrating their armour." Elyssios said.

He then started sneaking closer to the encampment and got a closer look.

He looked closer and saw the cultist performing some sort of dark ritual, all standing in a circle as they were chanting words.

"Abomination.." Elyssios muttered to himself, being all too familiar with what they were trying to do.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

Supersonic looked thoughtful. "What if I stole those?" Aside from the ritual, across from the camp, sat a rack of plasma weapons, sizeable enough for ponies. "I bet those would penetrate power armor!" She said, and rummaged through her pocket universe bag, finally pulling out a small bottle of silvery dust.

• Brohoof 1

@OracleOfTwilight

Elyssios looked thoughtful.

"They could penetrate their armour, yes, but plasma weaponry can take years to master, handle it wrong and that weapon will be your own undoing. Since your bodies have never used such weaponry before, they will suffer from immense recoil, not to mention you will have to be careful with the overheating." Elyssios explained.

"When we destroy this encampment, I will perhaps have to teach you ponies how to handle weapons used by the Imperium, it will increase your chances of survival as a race against what the galaxy has in store for you."

• Brohoof 1

Maple knocked on the Giants helmet lightly. "Hey! Anyone. In there?" She said since hadn't gotten a response from the Giant yet.

----------------------------------------------

@Mickey Adaptus

Moonshadow laughed quietly "I think I can handle the recoil. I mean earth ponies like myself are unaffected by lifting things with like that. The only force strong enough to move me is a tornado." He motioned to the other members of the Honor Guard to get into position. "Maple's troops are ready to engage when you are." He finished saying

• Brohoof 2

@Maple Bat

"My name has been long forgotten ever since my death, as has my status. But many of my Battle Brothers know me as the Ancient Kleitor." The dreadnought replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elyssios nodded.

"We will have to wait until my other battle brother arrives, then we can engage them in full fury."

• Brohoof 1

As the person named Kleitor kept walking Maple felt something deep with in her. She tried to shake it off but the feeling persisted. Figuring it was a disturbance near her location she jumped down from the dreadnoughts shoulder. "Nice meeting you but I've got to handle something. Bye for now." She followed the feeling in her gut. It almost seemed like it wanted to escape her body and if it did

-------------------------------------------------------------

Moonshaow nodded. He raised his spear and the honor guard moved behind him ready for the offensive. He nodded to Blitz as well. "Be careful. Because This weapon of mine will easily take you down."

• Brohoof 2

@Mickey Adaptus, @OracleOfTwilight

Hasdiel took some time to finish the ritual to raise the Dreadnought. Before he finished it just rushed off without finishing the proper weapon adjustments and calibrations. Hasdiel grumbled to himself as he tried to fix the damage caused by the sudden Dreadnought advance. He had to make sure the stasis pod was ready to receive the Dreadnought once more.

After this was all finished, Hasdiel decided to follow the Dreadnought. It was an easy follow since it left huge footprints and torn down trees as it probably headed towards Elyssios. The vox chatter records show that there are despicable traitors to the God Emperor on this world. Hasdiel wanted to see them all blasted to the last molecule.

The techmarine finally caught up to the Dreadnought as he saw a shape fly off into the brush. "Brothers," Hasdiel acknowledged the pair of his fellow Space Marines. "I hear there is Chaos taint on this world. I'm ready to eradicate that taint."  The yellow marine readied his plasma weaponry.

• Brohoof 2

@Mickey Adaptus @Maple Bat

Blitz laughed. "Oh, don't worry. I've been through the mill one or twice. Nice spear." He turned his head upwards. "Windbreaker! Eagle Eye! Prep the storm clouds!" 

Supersonic readied her forces. "We're ready to attack when you are, Elyssios!"

• Brohoof 1

Techno then started to vibrate and shudder on the ground as something of great evil power was trying to take control of him. His eyes were even flicking between blue and red as his system was trying to fight it. After a few seconds with a massive flash and bang Techno got launched high up into the air by the explosion his system toggled. He then fell and slammed down right in front of Maple and his eyes snapped shut as he hit the ground. After a few seconds he got up and opened his eyes and his eyes seemed completely normal now. He looked around like he didn't know anything about what was going on. He then looked down at Maple with a confused look...

TU: What is this place and how did I even get out here? Who are you?  

• Brohoof 2

Maple, When Techno landed in front of her, Jumped and moved her mane to completely cover her left eye since when her magic tried to escape, like it was now, the white of her left eye turned orange like Discords. She kept her hoof there as she answer the Stallions question. "Captain Maple at your service." She looked at him and remembered the pony. "You earlier... You where firing lasers into the sky and you generally disturbing the peace. Care to explain that?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Moonshadow was growing impatient, He never had to wait for an attack but Maple trusted this human so he did too. "When do we start the offensive? I want to purge our lands."

• Brohoof 2

"I don't like this delay either, giving those heretics more time to live, but it is necessary, give me a few seconds and then I will give the signal."  The space marine retorted back

When he saw Hasdiel approached he nodded. "Good to see you Brother Techmarine, we don't know how many forces the traitors have beyond this camp, but that will not stop us."

when he scanned his targets he saw around 75 cultists armed with auto pistols and auto guns. But there were also 30 chaos space marines among them, some of them where havocs, equipped with heavy bolters and lasscannons to provide devastating fire support.

"For the Emperor!" Elyssios shouted a war cry as he used his jump pack to jump straight into the fray from above.

Kleitor followed his example as the Dreadnought started moving towards the Enemy encampment.

The Dreadnoughts Plasma Cannon boomed when a very loud sound as a big projectile of plasma shot straight into the ranks of their enemies, those who stood close where blown apart while others were blown back by the force.

Elyssios was in combat with Multiple chaos space marines at once. His power axe cleaved trough the first one as the second one tried to attack him from behind by using a chainsword.

But luckily Elyssios saw that coming quickly interfered, wich ended up in a struggle between the 2 space marines, Elyssios managed to win the struggle and kicked back his opponent, wich was followed by shooting a projectile straight into the traitors head from his plasma pistol.

• Brohoof 1

Moonshadow motioned for his army to advance. "For Equestria!" He shouted.

"For Equestria." The honor guard echoed charging in behind the Dreadnought. After the Machine had fired it's cannon the 10 ponies engaged targets most of them different ones.

Moonshadow however wasn't going to engage he was moving around the enemy where he could see all of them. When he was in position he lifted his spear signifying that he was ready for the lighting bolt. He didn't shout anything though otherwise they might have seen or heard him.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Flame Blitz signaled for the lightning bolt. He then lifted his spear. "For Equestria!" The cheer was echoed throughout the army as some 350 Pegasi took flight. 

Supersonic was already in the melee. Avatar activated, her swords ripped through cultist after cultist. A chaos marine stepped out and charged at her. She blocked the blows from his chainsword and signaled for a lightning strike. He was killed instantly by the power of some 30 lightning bolts striking him at once. 

Edited by OracleOfTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

Elyssios was in the head of the battle, having slaughtered 5 chaos space marines in his fury.

Until to his frustration, a Chaos Hellbrute boomed from among the trees, the massive chaos dreadnought looked mutated beyond believe because of its exposure to the warp.

"Kill! Crush! Rend them limb from limb!" shouted the hellbrute

Elyssios barely had enough time to dodge as the Multi melta cannon of the Hellbrute fired, the beam of extreme heat scorching past his pauldron, leaving an intensive damage toward that armour part.

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

Maple, When Techno landed in front of her, Jumped and moved her mane to completely cover her left eye since when her magic tried to escape, like it was now, the white of her left eye turned orange like Discords. She kept her hoof there as she answer the Stallions question. "Captain Maple at your service." She looked at him and remembered the pony. "You earlier... You where firing lasers into the sky and you generally disturbing the peace. Care to explain that?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Moonshadow was growing impatient, He never had to wait for an attack but Maple trusted this human so he did too. "When do we start the offensive? I want to purge our lands."

TU: Your name is Maple huh? Now I believe tha...

Techno then completely froze when he tried to think about what happened earlier. His head then started to radiate huge amounts of heat to the point where Maple could feel it on her face. Smoke then started to come out of Techno's ears only for him to then quickly put his hoof to his head and moan in pain...

TU: AHH!!! Why is my head burning like that!? I think that's what happens when I try to access a corrupt or damaged  memory. Hopefully that doesn't kill me by melting my head if it happens again! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Techno Universal

Maple nodded. "Don't hurt yourself over it." She felt that force tug on her magic again. "Excuse me a bit I need to take care of something."

--------------------------------------------------

When the bolt hit Moonshadow's spear he changed it into the large blade again lifting it with only one hoof he spun the blade in a horizontal sweep.

A large bolt slash-shaped bolt released from his blade injuring any unarmored combatant and short circuiting the armor of those who where. After which he stabbed the blade into the ground, and knelt down, he felt his coat hairs standing on end. Lucky I didn't fry myself there. He thought

Edited by Maple Bat
Mentions
  • Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

@Techno Universal

Maple nodded. "Don't hurt yourself over it." She felt that force tug on her magic again. "Excuse me a bit I need to take care of something."

--------------------------------------------------

When the bolt hit Moonshadow's spear he changed it into the large blade again lifting it with only one hoof he spun the blade in a horizontal sweep.

A large bolt slash-shaped bolt released from his blade injuring any unarmored combatant and short circuiting the armor of those who where. After which he stabbed the blade into the ground, and knelt down, he felt his coat hairs standing on end. Lucky I didn't fry myself there. He thought

At the exact same time that Maple felt the force tug on her magic Techno got a strong feeling that something was trying to break into  him and take control over him...

TU: I didn't mean to hurt myself then. I think it's just my brain gets overworked to the point of overheating when I try and recall certain members like what happened there with me trying to answer your question. And do you know why I have a strong sensation that an evil force is trying to break into me and take control over me?

• Brohoof 2