Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever gone Geocaching or Letterboxing?

Valeska

Geocaching and Letterboxing  

7 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever gone Geocaching or Letterboxing?

• I have done both.
    • I have only gone Geocaching.
    • I have only gone Letterboxing.
    • No, I have never gone Geocaching or Letterboxing.
  2. 2. Would you consider participating in Geocaching or Letterboxing in the future?

• I'm already actively involved in the hobby!
    • I might give Geocaching and/or Letterboxing a try.
    • I have tried one or both and I did not like it.
    • No, I will not try Geocaching or Letterboxing.

I've wondered if any of you bronies have participated in the outdoor hobbies of Geocaching and Letterboxing? What your experiences have been participating in the the activities? Personally, I have gone Geocaching, but not Letterboxing. I have really enjoyed Geocaching because it combines technology, scavenger hunting, puzzles, and the outdoors. Letterboxing seems very similar in terms of going out into the world to find a hidden cache. Both of these hobbies can be played pretty much anywhere in the world.

For those of you who don't know what Geocaching and Letterboxing is or would like to check out the outdoor hobbies, then please check out the definitions and links below. 

GEOCACHING

The recreational activity of hunting for and finding a hidden object by means of GPS coordinates posted on a website.

LETTERBOXING

Websites: http://www.letterboxing.org/ & https://www.atlasquest.com/

Letterboxing is an outdoor hobby that combines elements of orienteering, art, and puzzle solving. Letterboxers hide small, weatherproof boxes in publicly accessible places (like parks) and distribute clues to finding the box in printed catalogs, on one of several web sites, or by word of mouth.

I've done geocaching on a school field trip before! It was quite fun, but I can't get into the hobby, as there aren't any places near me.

• Brohoof 1

Geocaching is one of my favorite hobbies - I've been doing it for 4 or 5 years now when I get the time (which isn't as nearly as often as I would like to be honest) and I've made about 80 finds or so. I just recently moved to a big city so I've got at least another 50 or so around the city and who knows how many in the surrounding areas.

• Brohoof 1

I got to learn a bit about (and then try) geocaching back in my 7th grade social studies class. It was fun but I sort of lost track of it over the next few years. It seems like a really cool hobby though, so I think I should give it a go again. As for letterboxing, I've never even heard of that... though I fell in love with orienteering back in my cub/boy scout days so it sounds intriguing. Thanks for posting this topic, @Valeska. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I have gone Geocaching on a few different occasions, mostly with my brother since he is way more into it than I am. It is fairly fun, just a nice thing to do while walking, though I don't think he does it much now simply due to lack of time.

• Brohoof 1