Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet the Changeling in Me!

Will Guide

U. Will turned very red, even for him. "Oh yeah, I've totally forgot that it must have been about over 20 years since your parents first met. For some reason, I thought it was still shortly after King Thorax's ascension, which involved your father rescuing your mother from Queen Chrysalis with the help of Trixie, Starlight, and pre-King Thorax, all of which happened before you and your sister were born" Seeing Woody looking very confused, both Wills asked him, "Why don't we take a break for now?" "I think there's something I should have told you and your sister sometime after we've first met," said Unicorn Will Guide.

• Brohoof 1

Woody laughed a bit "Ahh it's ok. I remember hearing stories about Dad's bravery going into the castle of the old changelings and how he had to deal without his magic He said"What else is there we should have known. I mean the changeling thing was big... Do you need me to get Maple?" He said preparing to open a portal

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Maybe you should get Maple. I just hope she's not busy." U. Will said. "It's just I can't believe that it's been so long since that day of Chrysalis' defeat. I remember it like it was yesterday...literally."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"Yea almost twenty years ago." He opened a portal after saying "It's weird thinking about how we're twins huh? Sorry, random thought" He stepped through the portal.

Maple jumped when he showed up pointing he spear at him. "Woah. Woody you scared me. Is something wrong?"

"Nah. Will wanted to tell us something. Come on I know you aren't busy." He said dragging her through the portal.

"Hey! Not Cool!" She said, as they went through the portal she began to feel sick she never liked going through portals,

Woody Sighed as he brought Maple through. "Alright will so what's up?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Since this was mostly about U. Will, or (William as he's really called back in his home world), he did most of the talking about his story:

Will Guide was a human from another world that has no direct link to Equestria other than through his mind. As he said earlier, he first came to Equestria shortly before the Elements were returned to the Tree of Harmony. He was used as a unknowing pawn by the Disney Villains to make their way into and invade Equestria. With the help of Fluttershy, Spike and the other ponies , Will Guide saved Equestria from the Disney Villains and was rewarded with a special gift.

In addition to getting back to his world, he was free to return to Equestria by having his soul jump between his real body of William the Human in His World and his 2nd body of Will Guide the Unicorn in Equestria whenever he falls asleep (most of the time). Time flows differently between the two worlds. Usually, he would wake up in Equestria close to the last time he visited. He could spend a whole week in Equestria and still wake up the next day back in his world without missing a day there. Also, whenever U. Will "goes home", C. Will falls into an unconscious sleep with no control or awareness of himself until his Unicorn Host returns.

But it seems that this time, instead of waking up shortly after Starlight's little rescue squad, somehow his soul must have traveled to this time many years later, where his Unicorn half has apparently already met with Maple Bat and Woody. All he knew when he woke up this morning in his room in Twilight's castle was that he wanted to introduce his Changeling half to the siblings. He was so busy talking with the two and putting on a show with Woody to realize that he's time-shifted past several years. 

"...And so," U. Will started his final words on the matter. "I guess I'll be okay. From my point of view, next time I come back to Equestria, I'll likely be back in a time period before you two were born. I don't know why my mind jumped to this time period, but all I wanted was to introduce C. Will to someone other than those who already know. I'm sorry if my story sounds convoluted, but it's true. Your mother (as well as several others) would already know about me being from another world, but I asked her to keep this explanation quiet from those who wouldn't understand. At any rate, I'm having a great time introducing you two to my other half," U. Will said pointing at C. Will's spirit floating nearby. "So, don't worry about me. I hope you were able to follow all that."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Maple nodded kinda fidgeting a bit since she was supposed to be at work "It's not the first time something weird has happened. Will you've got to remember ponies use the phrase 'when pigs fly' and dad can actually make that happen plus there are several ponies who are in similar situations that have dreamed about it so Luna tells me about it." Woody smacked her in the back of the head "Sorry if you feel less special now."

Woody looked at Will in now a bit of disbelief "Well we could just go ask mom on our way to the forest when we go practice our magic. She should be at home since she's so introverted." He started to walk out the door. "It's not that I don't believe you it's just kinda something I'd like to hear from her. Sounds like a nice story."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Funny, you should say the phrase, 'When Pigs Fly', Maple." U. Will chuckled. "That's exactly what Trixie sarcastically said to your father when he offered his chaotic magic to be used in one of her magic acts after the day of rescue. To which, he actually gave Trixie a ride on said flying pig. I was there, after all. By the way, sorry to pull you away from your duties."

U. Will then put a bookmark in his book, placing the show on hold as the room turned back into his own room in the Friendship Castle. "As for you, Woody, we can finish our story later if you want, but for now, can we go see your mother? Whatever you choose, I'll be glad to oblige."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Maple looked at Woody silently telling him she was letting him make the call.

Woody scratched his head. "As much as I'd like to continue the show, I won't do to great with this in my head I need a bit of closure on this whole thing." He motioned for Will to follow him out the door. "Lets go."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Deciding to let Woody make the decisions, Will Guide (both the Unicorn and Changeling within) followed him to Fluttershy's cottage with mirror in hoof.

"I hope Fluttershy still remembers me--and me--after all this time!" The Wills said to Woody. "I was part of Starlight's rescue squad--which I  was secretly helping out--as the two of us realized we could help each other. His Changeling ability allowed me to secretly lure the Changeling Patrol away from the rescue squad by being Trixie. My sense of navigation helped Starlight and Will reached the throne room once we split from Thorax, who would distract the Queen. In the end, We were just glad that our friends were safeeven though I still look like an "evil" Changeling. And that's when your parents and the others who were there at the Changeling Throne Room met the Changeling in me." The Wills finished their story to Woody.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Woody nodded "Wonder why she didn't tell me probably wanted me to keep it secret." He looked at Maple "Hey sis! Wanna race? No Magic this time I promise."

Maple grinned at him "Alright, Fine. We'll start outside. First one home wins." When the two siblings stepped out side of twilight's castle Maple Started a 3. 2. 1. countdown and as soon as it hit one the two spread their wings and zoomed off heading to the home they had lived in for a long time.

Woody was going full speed while Maple was going a bit slower than him intentionally. As they approached the cottage Maple closed the gap but didn't pass him. Woody landed skidding into the side of the cottage putting his paw against it. "I win." He declared exhausted. "No magic needed."

Maple put her hoof around his shoulder "Good job bro. Guess my bat wings where no match for your pegasus ones. But now we'll have to wait on Will." She finished her sentence with a bit of a laugh.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Before the siblings flew off, Will confirmed that he had asked Fluttershy (and the others who knew) to keep his Changeling side a secret until he was ready to come out.

Will was able to fly and keep up with the Siblings using his Pixie Dust magic from the world of Peter Pan.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Woody returned his sister's laugh "Looks like he was able to keep up with us. How'd you do that Will?"

Maple rolled her eyes "Probably something Disney related since that's the basis for his Magic."

The two walked over to the entrance, The door was locked so Maple was about to get her keys but Woody just opened it with his magic. The siblings walked in curious why the door was locked. They saw Fluttershy was gone. "She'll be back soon. Probably." Maple said. "Lets just wait a while for her."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As they were waiting, Will noticed half of the house was remodeled to support a chaotic spirit like Discord, while the other half was still suited to Fluttershy's job of animal care and support.  "I can't believe the changes that's happened in the 20 years I missed." said Will Guide. "Are there any new questions you have for me, Maple?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Maple laughed "Yea Woody's rooms over in the corner of the chaos half, Our parents share one over in the back in the center, while mine is..."

She flew up near a hidden trapdoor in the ceiling right "Past this trap door here. Can you see it from there?"

Woody at the mention of his room sprang up. "Oh yea that reminds me! I need to grab some stuff from my room for when we go practice later." He walked into his room and emerged a few minutes later holding some books. Book of my songs... Check. Book of Dad's Magic... Check. Melodies and warmup sheets... Check. He reviewed in his head I think that's everything... Oh wait I'll need something to write with.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

C. Will Guide smiled as he came out and switched with his Unicorn host again, flying up to the trapdoor with his Changeling wings. "You're showing me where you sleep, Maple? Does this mean you trust me?" He asked hopefully.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"The fact you're still alive shows I trust you." Maple answered "I'd rather you not go in, for any reason. It's kinda my personal sanctuary, and I'd rather not have a changeling in that sanctuary. Make sense?"

Woody walked under the trap door. "Don't take any offence Will, Maple doesn't let anyone go in her room except for Me, Mom, And Dad. She doesn't like the thought of anyone but her close family going in there."

There was a knock at the door. Woody opened it but humming a small melody. Fluttershy walked in and nearly dropped the groceries she was holding "oh.. uh hello. didn't expect anyone to be home yet."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

With U. Will in the "backseat" of their shared mind looking through the mirror and C. Will in the "front seat"both were amazed to see Fluttershy after all these years, despite the fact that their most recent clear memory of her was the day of Starlight's rescue squad over 2 decades ago. She still looked very much the same as she did back then!

"Fluttershy, remember us? It's Will Guide and his inner Changeling." Both Wills looked at her with a little worry that she wouldn't!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"oh... uhh... I think I do let me think..." Fluttershy stood there for a second staring. "oh yes I do! it's good to see you again. how long has it been?"

"Closer to 20 years." Woody answered "or at least that's what he tells me. Could you confirm that you've meet Will here before" Woody leaned next to Will "She looks like she hasn't changed right? Discords Immortality spell really kept her looking nice."

"y... yes I can." Fluttershy said. "I remember that he helped your father save me a long time ago. I feel like I still haven't made that up to you mr. guide."

• Brohoof 1

"No need to make it up to me, Shy," U. Will said. "Remember how when I first came here to Equestria because some Disney Villains used me to try and conquer this place? But by making friends with you, Spike, and your Pony Friends, I was able to stop them and send them back to the Disney world?"

"We're just really sorry we'd both apparently missed the wedding between you and Discord, as well as the birth of your children"  They said with great regret. "Anything else significant that we've missed since the day Chrysalis was dethroned and Thorax became King of the Changelings?"

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy looked up trying to remember what he was talking about. "oh that. yes I remember. it's ok that you didn't come for those events. You where probably busy. The wedding happened in secret actually... We got married in the chaos realm with no real ceremony since not everypony approved of a pony and Dragonequus getting together. At the time I was so worried by now tones have shifted. I'm also really really happy that you have a good connection with Maple she doesn't have many friends."

Maple blushed at that it was true making friends was hard for her. Woody giggled a bit as well. "It's ok sis your better at it now."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both Wills chuckled. C. Will then said to Fluttershy, "I'd just met your children this morning." "Good thing I asked Woody to be there," U. Will said from within the mirror. "If he hadn't, my inner guest would be in medical care right now." (C. Will awkwardly laughed at that)

"So, how's the rest of your family, especially Zephyr Breeze?" U. Will Guide asked with his eyes shining with inspiration, anticipation, and joy. "I still remember how much I could relate to his fear of failing back when he moved into your place all those years ago." At this point, C. Will took on the rotating appearances of Zephyr, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy as both Wills re-enact the scene in the forest where the original Will saw a lot of himself in the green Pegasus. As C. Will replayed Fluttershy, Dash, and Zephyr's words, U. Will quoted himself and his folks with very similar words.

"I especially loved the song you and Dash sang to him that restored his confidence and drive to finally graduate from Mane Therapy Training," U. Will concluded. "It became my motivational song as I went on to finally finish college shortly afterwards. If I hadn't met your brother, I most likely wouldn't be a college graduate in English back in my world right now!"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy looked at Maple who was avoiding eye contact

Woody stepped between them cutting off the tension"You know how protective she is of you two because of all the love between you after all."

Regarding the thing about her brother she smiled shyly "oh... that's nice of you. thank you but i was just trying to help my brother I'm glad I helped you too."

• Brohoof 1

"That's great about your brother" U. Will said.

"So, how's Discord?" asked the Two Wills. "I still remember this funny moment back when he, me and the rest of Starlight's rescue squad were infiltrating the Changeling Hive. At one point when Starlight had to keep Discord and Trixie from bickering like foals, I kept on moving to keep the lagging group from separating from Thorax up ahead. Suddenly I tripped at the top of these stairs and fell face first into a shiny part of the floor, causing me to briefly see my reflection changed" 

"That was when he suspected that I was a part of him." C. Will added on.

"When the group caught to me, Discord complained that the code word should be changed from 'Klutzy... Dragonequus' to 'Clumsy...Unicorn' and looking back on it, it was kinda funny!"

• Brohoof 1

A voice was heard from near fluttershy. "I still think it should have been to this day." Discord had been pretending to be a necklace for fluttershy this whole time "I've been nothing but happy since reforming well save the needing to rescue fluttershy part... And the part where I almost through tree hugger into an alternate universe."

Fluttershy flinched when discord appear "H... Hey I didn't know you where with me... all day."

Discord laughed "I wasn't with you ALL day. Just a bit of it. 'Tia's been keeping me busy with her duties. I finally got some free time and I wanted to spend it with you."

"that's nice. next time just ask and then we can hangout." Fluttershy responded. 

Woody tapped Will on the shoulder "Ready to go practice?"

• Brohoof 1

At first, both Wills jumped in surprise, but then smiled, hearing Discord wanting to spend time with his wife. Now with the whole family here, the Wills could see the family resemblance. Although U. Will knew and accepted Maple Bat as a bat pony offspring of a Pegasus and a Dragonequs even before today, he never really questioned how was it possible until this moment. He had a very obvious answer in his head, but he wanted to hear it straight from the pony's mouth.

"Sure, Woody." cheered a happy C. Will. "I'll join you for practice in... the Everfree Forest, isn't it? But first, I want to ask your mother a delicate question."

C. Will walked over to Fluttershy and whispered in her ear, "Stop me if it's inappropriate to say, but when you two had Maple Bat, was it because you were FlutterBat when it happened?" He held his breath after the question, hoping not to make the reunion awkward.

• Brohoof 1