Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet the Changeling in Me!

Will Guide

"Not... Exactly ready..." He kept flipping through his book. He already knew his fiery melody would have to be used but with what... Oh perhaps the more chaotic bits with it then with a touch of alicorn regal sound to it. "Alright I think I got it now." He started to sing a strong, warm melody after a bit he added a familiar dark sounding background sound, He then added a 3rd sound, a elegant and beautiful melody. After a minute or two he lifted his paw when he did it caught on fire but the flame was blue and gave off no heat. "Is this it? Seems kinda worthless..."

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, Will Guide was usually easily impressed, but...

"Is that really it? What a letdown!" Said the disappointed Unicorn "I thought it would be more exciting! But at least I didn't have to use the Sanity Rune...yet.""

Seeing Woody look like he was going to cry, the Unicorn quickly added, "Oh, it's good, but can't you do a more amazing spell?"

An idea flashed into Woody's mind "H... Hold on don't count this a fail just yet" He acted like he was throwing a baseball and a fireball lept from his hand catching a shrub on 'fire'. After leaving his paw it was no longer on 'fire'. "I... Guess I should have expected that. Fire ya know." The flame was still blue and wasn't giving off any heat but was glowing brightly. Woody snapped and the fire went out. "Yea there was a reason it's ancient I guess. I'll see what else I've got here but... Say you have anything neat while I look?"

• Brohoof 1

"Now, THAT'S impressive!" Both Wills said, looking at the burning bush!

"Do I have anything neat?" U. Will repeated Woody's question "You mean if there's anything neat we can do with OUR abilities?" C. Will guessed the meaning of the question.

"Yea can you guys do anything cool like your actor souls thing is cool but what else ya got?" Woody said. When he finished his sentence a tree burst into the blue flames. "Whoa! I guess I did that?" He heard a voice in his head. "So I see you figured out ancient magic. Congratulations Woodland but it's much harder to control than you would like to believe." Woody started freaking out. "Ok. I'll just..." He snapped again. Nothing happened he snapped a few more times and nothing was happening "You best learn quick dragonequus that fire's going to spread soon." Woody was full blown panicking as more trees caught 'fire' "Will the... The rune."

• Brohoof 1

U. Will saw that look on Woody's face that says someone was talking to him in his mind. Will went through the same thing with his Changeling!

"Hold on, Woody!" Acting quickly, he thought of mundane stuff, like the correct order of things, or simply eating candy without making some sweet puns. The red Sanity Rune appeared above his horn as a light illusion. With a double flick of his horn, he threw 2 of the runes onto Woody's horns. Please work, Rune! Both Wills thought.

When the second rune hit woodys horn and attached to it the ancient flames disappeared and the voice inside his head went away. Panting Woody fell into the grass. "Thanks. I'm glad you where ready for that. I've never felt something so... Taxing on my strength before. With all those new fires there was more stuff draining my magical energy like I was casting a new spell so I was casting a spell on a huge number of trees all at once!" He managed to stand up. He picked up his book he ripped the page that he had just finished writing out of it and threw it randomly into the forest. "I don't think this fire will come in handy so no reason to remember it."

• Brohoof 1

After removing the Runes, U. Will sighed in relief! "Thank goodness you're okay, Woody," he said, as he ran over to pull the Dragonequis back onto his Dragon feet! He shuddered a bit at the thought of what Maple and Discord would do if he'd let anything happened to Woody. 

"By the way, did you hear a voice in your head just now? Because you had that same look on your face as I did--when I finally revealed my existence to Will talking to him in his mind!" C. Will finished, switching out!

• Brohoof 1

"Yea I did. It sounded like someone I knew." Woody started to think "I know that voice... But from where..." After about a minute of thinking he remembered "Him! I remember now I heard him once before when I first learned how to stop time with my songs! He warned me of the side effects of using it none of which have happened yet now I'm really freaked out..."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, you mean like a voice that guides you?" asked U. Will. "Yeah I can understand that!" C. Will switched out and asked, "Why are you freaked out now?" Both Wills hoped that the situation would get better!

"That voice only shows up when I get new magic that's dangerous." Woody said nervously "I've been able to stop time since you've know me, but that." He points to a tree that burned during the 'fire' "I would have destroyed all of everfree If you weren't here. I think I'm in over my head here... This is scary compared to normal, fun, chaos magic. Dad was right not to bring up this magic to me. Something I gotta say Will is... Dad doesn't know that I can stop time I've never told him."

• Brohoof 1

Sensing Woody's fear, both Wills gave a calming hug to the Draconequs by having their body physically look half Unicorn and Changeling. "There there, Woody!

"Wait, your father doesn't know about you being able to stop time? I actually can recall a long time ago, when Twilight tried to find such a spell to stop time. She was met by a future version of herself from the following Tuesday, who got pulled back before she could tell her past self not to worry about the future.

"Ironically, not hearing the whole message caused Earlier Twilight to worry anyway, so when Tuesday came and nothing happened, Twilight found a time-travel spell to go back and try to tell her earlier self not to worry. This created a Stable Time Loop, like my role in bringing Spike's egg to Twilight's Entrance Exam!

"Anyway, what concerns do you have about being able to stop time and not telling your folks about it?"

"I've only told one person not including you and Maple. Before now... It was princess Celestia. But technically I've told only you and Maple" Woody looked down at his paws "When I told Celestia she looked at me like I had something wrong with me. I had expect that she'd be proud of such a wonderful achievement but that's not at all what happened..." He closed his eyes. "After which she banished me from equestria for getting to strong..." He started to cry a bit "So apparently I taught myself how to reset time back to before I told her and told myself not to tell her. Celestia never really explained to me why it was so bad. She said something about damaging time loops but I don't intend to do that but..." His voice changed now it was full of anger. "She has no idea how strong I'm getting now though. I needed to tell someone though I chose my sister and you witnessed it some time ago so I had to tell you. Mom... She'd be so worried that this spell could kill me or worse she might prohibit me from singing anymore." Woodland knew he was being dramatic but he just couldn't help it "And dad... I don't even know how he'd react to it. Probably hatred like Celestia."

• Brohoof 1

Still continuing to comfort the chaotic being, the Wills were shocked by what Princess Celestia has apparently done to Woody.

"This doesn't make sense  (in the way it should). On the one hoof, Celestia wouldn't banished anyone unless she had no other choice, like her sister becoming Nightmare Moon, threatening to rule; or when she had to stop your father back when he was purely selfish, turning Equestria into a World of Chaos. On the other hoof, when I did my time-traveling task of bringing Spike's egg to her in the past, instead of banishing me, she just simply had me magically repressed her memories until the time was right. Why couldn't she just talk things out instead of banishment? Now, since I've been gone from Equestria for about 2 decades, I gonna know: How does Celestia normally interacts with you, your sister, and your parents?"

Once again Woody looked down. "Not good, Will. If you recall Celestia too had deep feelings for Discord. When our Parents got together she was bitter about it for a while and well that sort of bitterness was also was put onto me and my sister..." He sighed and laid in the grass. "Time manipulation magic is, Well was, unheard of, When I had told Celestia she considered it Dark, Forbidden magic that was her reason for banishment... I don't care I do what I have to not only to keep myself safe, But Maple and My family as well."

• Brohoof 1

U. Will considered everything Woody had said and felt crushed about the "Kind and Understanding" Celestia's bitterness. Through the shock and tears of the news, he still managed to talk. "Okay, Woody, a few things to address:

"1. About Celestia: To be honest, the way  you said Celestia would have banished you sounded so unlike her that I thought she's an imposter; maybe even Queen Chrysalis herself in disguise. But now that I've heard about this bitterness and what happened between her and Discord marrying Fluttershy, I can kinda understand why the real Celestia would do that.

When she allowed me to time-travel all those years ago, it was because I was always meant to bring Spike and Twilight together as family. But when you "told her about time-travel", it was more out of bitterness toward you and Discord choosing your mother over her than out of safety concerns of messing with time.

"2. Even though, it's been erased, I want to know about how long ago did 'you tell her'?

"And 3. Refresh my memory: Did you show me your time reversal spell before? If so, how long ago was that? My ability to recall memories can get unresponsive at times. You don't need to show me again. Just telling me is fine!"

"Yea I knew you'd say that I thought that too but had no way of knowing." As for the second question Woody pondered it. "I'm 18 now. So it would have been 8 years ago when I told her. I technically don't know it. After changing the past I never learned it in the new timeline." Woody picked up a stone off the ground "Kinda funny isn't it? How powerful love is. Chrysalis really has no idea." He threw the stone down and sighed. "You're the only one who know this now. Don't tell anyone."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Of course, we won't tell!" Both Wills said. 

"Somehow I don't think that Ex-Queen  Chrysalis would be stupid enough to try and replace Celestia. I mean Maple has that bow of hers." C. Will reasoned

"And I think it's best you longer have that time reversal spell, right?" U. Will tried to reassure the down Dragonequs.

"Yeah, love can make anyone do the craziest things!" Both Wills agreed as for a brief moment, a ridiculous thought crossed their shared mind about them fighting for control, with U. Will wanting go after Spike and C. Will wanting to stay in a room of love-struck ponies!

"So now what?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014

"Well I guess I could show you something Celestia has no Idea I can do but if I do I can't use magic for a little while since it wears me out." He laughed at the Idea it was always funny when he did it. "Come with me and wait until you see it." He started heading towards the edge of the forest close to ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

U. Will followed Woody up on his offer. Both he and his Changeling were curious to what the Draconequis had in mind. As they made their way to the edge of the forest near Ponyville, The Wills took one last look in the general direction of the spot where they first become one and smiled with newfound hope that things will get better!

"Alright so My parent DO know that I can do this." He laughed some more. "It's the ultimate prank! You ready? Watch this." It was around the time that Celestia started to lower the sun. Woody started to sing something similar to earlier with out the chaos in the melody. The sun stopped moving. Woody started laughing. "I can't believe she actually thinks the sun's not responding to her magic."

• Brohoof 1

The Wills laughed in amusement.

"You know, Woody" U. Will said. "In the world I originally came from, some of my people see Celestia as a trolling prankster! The real Celestia I remember would make a few jokes on some ponies, sure; but not to the extreme some of my people make her out to be."

Woody sighed "Yea. Bet she's nice to be around when she likes you. You know what that was encouraging. I'm going to go try to talk to her." He used his magic to create a portal which was near Celestia. He quietly stepped through into the room and let go of his hold on the sun He took a step towords her feeling nervous "Hello there Princess Celestia. It's been a while..." He waited on her response.

Celestia put on the kind of polite smile that's actually hiding bitterness like Twilight's smile towards Trixie the day Starlight made friends with her and Twilight was obviously not pleased! 

She cheerfully greeted U. Will with a, Oh, Hello, Will Guide! Haven't seen you or your Changeling in years! How you've been?"

"Oh, I've been great." U. Will said. C. Will briefly popped out with a "Me too."  He then gestured over to Woody, trying to give her the hint.

"Oh, and hello, Woody." she flatly said.

Woody nervously look at Will who quietly gestured, Talk to her. I'm right behind you!

Woody was nervous, He feared that she some how she knew about his ability. Will's presence helped him feel safer though "Hello Celestia. How have you and your sister been holding up? Maple says Luna's been well but never really talks about you much..." He didn't want to reference it directly but he thought she knew what he was talking about.