Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Xbox One X; The Box of Lies~

K.Rool Addict

Microsoft 2016: "Project Scorpio will offer gamers the HIGHEST resolution, the BEST frame rates, NO COMPROMISES!" "True 4k, no (bullshit) checkerboard upscaling like the Ps4 Pro"

Microsoft 2017: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Microsoft the company of deceit

Sony the company of arrogance 

Nintendo the company of obliviousness 

Where will it end? -.-

5 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

Don't that the Xbone X has the highest quality, uncompressed pixels.

1240490950977.jpg

No but seriously. I don't get the marketing here. Doesn't Microsoft know how much bad PR they will get from a move like this? 

It should have AT LEAST been one or the other; 4k native or 60 fps locked. Only game they showed thus far at 4k 60 was Forza 7 (which looks like a last gen game compared to the illustrious Forza Horizon 3). 

You seen Crackdown 3? That game looks legit worse than half the games on the freaking Xbox 360 or Ps3, let alone current gen offerings. And even a game like that can't do 4k 60 fps (not even in single player -.-).

Compare to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcOWLQ7Gcck

Also, don't try to claim the cel shaded graphics as an excuse for the poor graphical detail:

^Idolmaster Platinum Stars on BASE PS4 hardware renders all such arguments invalid :P And yes that is running in real time on Ps4 (aka a 1.8 TFlop console with a (piss poor) 2013 Cpu running at 1.6 Ghz) 

17 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

It should have AT LEAST been one or the other; 4k native or 60 fps locked. Only game they showed thus far at 4k 60 was Forza 7 (which looks like a last gen game compared to the illustrious Forza Horizon 3). 

Whoops, that was my bad:

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Glimmerlicious said:

Anyone with common sense knew it wasn't going to run all games at native 4K 60 FPS. Though I do fault MS for marketing it like such.

Indeed. "Uncompromised 4K" my ass. Why did Phil Spencer lie? He pretty much set the Xbone X up for an early death.

The PS4 Pro doesn't use true 4K but at least they didn't market it as such.

The only place to game at Uncompromised 4K 60fps is on PC, and you don't even need to spend that much anymore for it.

• 3 years later...

It's just a poor marketing technique and an obvious lie. It's practically saying that the Xbox One X is going to be the best console ever, which anyone with common sense would know that it's not going to be.