Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is more powerful? Daybreaker? or Nightmare Moon?

SolarFlare13

(edited)
You know, I’ve been giving this some thought over the last couple of days :huh: In the episode “Do princesses dream of Magic Sheep”, Luna mentioned the Tantabus is more than capable of turning the world of Equestria into a living nightmare if it escapes from the dream world. If that is the case and the Tantabus IS a fragment of Nightmare Moon’s power, wouldn’t she be more powerful than Daybreaker? :confused: I mean if the Tantabus DID escape into the real world and Nightmare Moon was still around, “the nightmare” would’ve consumed reality itself and she would be able to use it to make herself more powerful…

...but then again, Daybreaker is her older sister and I’d assume she’d be aware of this??? :huh: …

In the episode "A Royal Problem", it looked as if Daybreaker had the edge over Nightmare Moon...

What do you guys think? :) who is more powerful? Daybreaker? :sunbutt: or Nightmare Moon? :orly:

g43gzdG.jpg

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

Considering we have only seen these two interact through altercation one time, I can only base my opinion on that. It seemed that Daybreaker was just a bit more powerful than Nightmare Moon. She seemed to have a proper hold on her powers and I felt that Nightmare Moon may have felt intimidated at times. I digress, however, because I am bias with Daybreaker.

^_^

• Brohoof 4

I would suspect Daybreaker as well. Celestia had more time to work on her own magical skills, which would logically suggest her corrupted form would be stronger as well. To me this is just an extension of whether or not Tia is stronger with Magic than Luna.

• Brohoof 5

Seeing as Celestia is the more powerful of the two sisters anyway, I would expect Day Breaker to be that of Nightmare Moon too. 

Plus the sun has more devastating power than the moon and eternal darkness could ever do. 

• Brohoof 4

I'ma going for Daybreaker this fight!   She has more control,  is older and can use the power of the VERY SUN to rule over the world

and bend others under her flamey hoof!   I mean come on!   I know Nightmare Moon has some power and can I think,  think more

on the spot than her sister,  but she only has a dead rock as her weapon.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
On 6/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, SolarFlare13 said:

If that is the case and the Tantabus IS a fragment of Nightmare Moon’s power, wouldn’t she be more powerful than Daybreaker?

No, the tantabus isn't a fragment of Nightmare Moon's power. It was a creation of Luna's, yes, made in order to punish herself for what she did as Nightmare Moon, but the key thing is that the tantabus is a different kind of creature and was capable of growing it's own individual power in a way that Luna could not. Its power and nature does not reflect Luna's own power.

Also, I think Daybreaker is stronger. They might both be part of Starlight's dream, but the way she talked about how Celestia was more powerful and the way Celestia reacted, I think she actually might've been right (maybe she was able to connect with Celestia being part of the dream world) and Celestia actually has been holding back.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 5

• 7 months later...

I think they are both equal. I do not think that Celestia is more powerful. I do agree that Celestia can control her power better than Luna because she’s had 1000 years more practice than her. But I think Luna can control the sun and moon, just like celestia. They are sisters- same blood, same amount of power. If celestia was more powerful and could control the sun and moon forever then why was Luna created? Luna has a purpose, she is needed. Therefore she has a power that Celestia does not understand. Just like Luna doesn’t understand Celestias power. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure that Daybreaker is more powerful. Daybreaker mentions that Celestia is always holding back. If she wanted to kill Nightmare Moon, She could've but used the elements to banish her instead.

Edited by Kadeda

Canon comics show that Celestia was always slightly more gifted than Luna. The actual fight between Daybreaker showed Daybreaker win in a fair fight, rather easily as well. Daybreaker is more powerful, without question.

I can see a Kid Buu/Super Buu situation here. 

As in, Nightmare Moon being more powerful, but Daybreaker being more insane/destructive

Honestly, the true answer is that it’s impossible to tell. Daybreaker isn’t real; she’s a figment of Starlight’s mind.

If I must guess however, it seems like Daybreaker surpasses Nightmare Moon in the episode, but this is based entirely upon Starlight’s fears, not any actual reality.

• 5 months later...

I think there about the same powerfull as each other Daybreaker might be a little stronger knowing she's celestia's evil form and Celestia has always been the highest princess after princess Luna

Honestly; we can really only go on assumption as the whole Daybreaker incident happened in Starlight Glimmer's psyche. That said I would care to guess that Daybreaker is more powerful on the basis that Celestia is more powerful than Luna.

Again though; assuming.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, PathfinderCS said:

Honestly; we can really only go on assumption as the whole Daybreaker incident happened in Starlight Glimmer's psyche. That said I would care to guess that Daybreaker is more powerful on the basis that Celestia is more powerful than Luna.

Again though; assuming.

This makes me wonder what Celestia's actual Nightmare Form would be...