Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here a Starfox fan?

GoldenGumdrop

I don't play a lot of video games, but my all time favorite is Starfox especially for the N64. I also have one for my gameboy which is pretty good, but I always love the N64 version best especially because it was the first game to use the rumble pack. Besides Fox, my favorite character would be Crystal. Any other fans?

• Brohoof 2

There was a Starfox for Gameboy? :P

Starfox 64 is generally considered the best, which I'm inclined to agree with, though I'm one of those weird people who wants another Adventures, as that one's also one of my favorites

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Woah wait this is my kind of topic *Rushes in*

Don't remember if she's still in my profile, but Krystal is definitely my favorite character in it, as with just about everyone's. While I haven't played them all, my favorite was was one not released, Star Fox 2 for the SNES/SuperFamicom.

The ROM is accessible,  and I just love it. It's a unique version without being very linear. You start on a map of the solar system, and have to stop fleets of enemies, missiles, and other threats on the map by intercepting them. My only problem is that it doesn't have the scrolling/linear courses, and instead has only "all range" maps.

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

Woah wait this is my kind of topic *Rushes in*

Don't remember if she's still in my profile, but Krystal is definitely my favorite character in it, as with just about everyone's. While I haven't played them all, my favorite was was one not released, Star Fox 2 for the SNES/SuperFamicom.

The ROM is accessible,  and I just love it. It's a unique version without being very linear. You start on a map of the solar system, and have to stop fleets of enemies, missiles, and other threats on the map by intercepting them. My only problem is that it doesn't have the scrolling/linear courses, and instead has only "all range" maps.

Starfox 2 was basically Command before Command right?

I sure am! :love:

One of my fondest memories from my childhood was when me and my friends got together for an awesome GameCube 4-player party and we would spend nights playing Star Fox Assault. My favorite character to play as was Slippy since, from what I recall, he was sort of overpowered in that game's versus mode. I could be remembering wrong though... Maybe I was just too good. :please:

I'd say I enjoyed the majority of the Star Fox games I played, including Adventures. I think the one I found to be the most weird/disappointing was Command, partly because of how absurd and silly some of the endings were.

• Brohoof 3

Of all the Star Fox games, I've played Star Fox 64 the most--it was also my first foray into the series--and still remains my favourite. However, I do have a soft spot for Star Fox Adventures because of Rare having developed it.

• Brohoof 1

I heart Stairfax. Mah fab gaem fo da M34.

You have no idea how much brain cells it took for me to destroy just to write that. All for the lulz.

No but seriously, never played a Starfox game. I can vouch for this franchise being revolutionary for its time, but the actual games themselves don't really appeal to me. Especially when it involves doing barrel rolls on your airships and saving that frog friend of the main character constantly.

I never owned a SNES, so i missed out on Starwing, but I have had every Starfox game since Laylat Wars/Starfox 64. I love the series, but my god its gone down hill since SSBB.

1. I HATE Fox's design changes. The current one is still ugly as heck. My persona fave deisgns are the Adventures one and Smash Bros Melee look.

2. I adore Starfox Assault and am still waiting for a proper sequal of it! I really do like the on foot stuff they introduced. With options to have the arwing or land master. 

3. Command was awfu, but the lore they added to it was interesting.

4. I wish they would do a full anime series of it. We got the Zero promo special episodes a while back and I quite enjoyed them. 

• Brohoof 1

I had issues with the games that came after 64. Especially Assault. The on-foot sections were too fast, the flying sections were too slow, and most of the levels felt small and boring. It had nice music, though, even if it used a lot of tunes from 64.

I actually kind of like Zero, though. The control scheme's awful, and I'm lukewarm to reboots, but in terms of level design and variety, I thought it was a good update to the SF64 formula.

I'd like to see them bring back the character/ship selection from SF2/Command at some point.

Star Fox is probably my favorite Nintendo title. Only played the ones for the SNES and N64 and they're almost the same game, but it just doesn't get old to me. 

• Brohoof 1