Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The War for Equestria role play has ended ....

General Solar Magus

@Star48955 @Maple Bat @rolle @StormBlaze @The Candlekeeper @Techno Universal @Pasha Florence @Derplight Sperkle @Contrast

Hey guys,

If you haven't already noticed, my role play "The War for Equestria, the Musical!" has been removed from the forum :sunbutt:.

I'm sorry to announce to you guys that it has been cancelled :(. I had a ton of fun planning so far ahead (like 7 chapters, you should see my notes XD) and enjoyed the interaction with you guys, but I have unfortunately cancelled the play :wau:.

My reason for this is that I am a lover of writing and decided that even though this play was a ton of fun, my initial reason for starting it was to get some practice exposing my written work to the public and getting comfortable with others seeing and responding to my work.

I have now decided that I want to do my writing properly, and work on my own short stories and eventually a sci-fi/fantasy book that I have long planned on making.

I hope you guys enjoyed the journey (as short as it was :please:) as I really did, and I'm very sorry that you didn't get to see what I had planned for you all, but I really felt this was the better direction for me to go (in one form or another the work I had planned may show up again ;), maybe not as ponies or maybe still, but the Great Army isn't finished yet!!!!;)).

If you guys don't mind, could you please give me a bit of feedback on the play? I.E. What did you like, what didn't you like, and why? and maybe any other suggestions that you thought of ? I'd like to know so that I can improve my wiring as well as user interaction better.

Once again I'm sorry to cut things short, I would have loved to go the full journey with all of you. It was still fun while it was going though ;). I'm glad to have spent time with you guys :icwudt:.

....and btw, even thought the play is cancelled, don't expect me not to be on the RP circuit for too long :smug:. I shall return as an RP'er soon or perhaps even as a DM yet again in the future :grin:.

Thanks guys. You've been awesome hostee's :)

Here's a few quotes for you (just because I like em :squee:): 

"Keep moving forward" - from the Meet the Robinsons movie

"Knowledge is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do" - Bruce Lee

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat is accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee

"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing" - Lao Tzu

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee

"Fall seven timed, stand up eight" - Japanse Proverb

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them" - Bruce Lee

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, OR .... learn from it" - Rafiki from the Lion King movie

"Be as you wish to seem" - Socrates

"To find yourself, think for yourself" - Socrates

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up[;)]" - Babe Ruth 

5949666ee0046_ChessNevergiveup.jpg.161a68018b6ee08ea30b8ea926c845f1.jpg

....and my all time favorite quote:

"There is nothing impossible to those who will try" - Alexander the Great

Enjoy your day guys, and keep well. I wish you all the best of luck for the future ;)

.... and here's Derpy singing her Nyan Nyan song :P

:):):):)

• Brohoof 4

I regret to hear the ceasing of this roleplay. I most certainly enjoyed it while it lasted, and I wish you good luck on your future writing. May our paths cross again.

As far as feedback goes, I can only think of, perhaps make sure to proofread a bit. A few typos have been noticable in your posts. Besides that, my analysis is not acute enough for further, non-mechanical feedback.

Don't forget to change your signature.

• Brohoof 1

Well... I'm gonna miss this RP as I really don't have another RP that I am part of at the moment. But, well, you call the shots. Kind of sad that we never got any further though.

As for feedback... Err, proofreading was already said. So, good things... Interesting story... Not so much more since it was so short.

As for things that I disliked, err, I'd have to say not asking me about how a said scene could take place, but, we did resolve it so that's a tiny point. Err, try and explain the ongoings in the atmosphere more to set the general vibe of the area, I didn't see much of that, it helps others progress in their posts as they can incorporate it into theirs, what more? Try to set an outline of how your character will be during the roleplay/story very early, I still have no idea what Comet Dust is like personally unless I look up the personality or re-read the post trying to guess out his tendencies, this can and will annoy roleplayers that are less attentive. You don't need to do this but it is generally good to do so in a written story, especially books. Most of the time books start describing the main character in a past tense, explain how he became to what he is while giving out his personality traits fairly quickly. Then there is the other crowd that doesn't or do but does it in an upbeat fashion of doing it as they identify everything around them. This last one is very good in a less modern setting or a very unfamiliar setting for most.

Do forgive me for errors or hard to understand parts, I am not great at giving advice. I also am just taking things from what I remember. So, take everything with a grain of salt.

• Brohoof 2

On 6/20/2017 at 10:13 PM, The Candlekeeper said:

I regret to hear the ceasing of this roleplay. I most certainly enjoyed it while it lasted, and I wish you good luck on your future writing. May our paths cross again.

As far as feedback goes, I can only think of, perhaps make sure to proofread a bit. A few typos have been noticable in your posts. Besides that, my analysis is not acute enough for further, non-mechanical feedback.

Don't forget to change your signature.

I'm gonna miss the play too, but the ideas are still in storage and waiting to be used ;). I will make a spectacle out of them yet :).

Proofreading, got it ;). I generally tried my best to do that, but I see know that it's something I must put even more attention to. Thanks.

Thanks for the reminder, will get on changing it when I can :smug:.

21 hours ago, rolle said:

Well... I'm gonna miss this RP as I really don't have another RP that I am part of at the moment. But, well, you call the shots. Kind of sad that we never got any further though.

As for feedback... Err, proofreading was already said. So, good things... Interesting story... Not so much more since it was so short.

As for things that I disliked, err, I'd have to say not asking me about how a said scene could take place, but, we did resolve it so that's a tiny point. Err, try and explain the ongoings in the atmosphere more to set the general vibe of the area, I didn't see much of that, it helps others progress in their posts as they can incorporate it into theirs, what more? Try to set an outline of how your character will be during the roleplay/story very early, I still have no idea what Comet Dust is like personally unless I look up the personality or re-read the post trying to guess out his tendencies, this can and will annoy roleplayers that are less attentive. You don't need to do this but it is generally good to do so in a written story, especially books. Most of the time books start describing the main character in a past tense, explain how he became to what he is while giving out his personality traits fairly quickly. Then there is the other crowd that doesn't or do but does it in an upbeat fashion of doing it as they identify everything around them. This last one is very good in a less modern setting or a very unfamiliar setting for most.

Do forgive me for errors or hard to understand parts, I am not great at giving advice. I also am just taking things from what I remember. So, take everything with a grain of salt.

Alright, so I need to be even more clear on 'displaying' certain scenes. Will make sure to improve that in my future writing.

Comet Dust was meant to be a mysterious character to start with. His character is one of a very quiet pony who prefers thinking to talking, and more was only meant to be learned about him later. Still though, I should have hinted at mystery (etc) and not assumed it :squee:.

Nice to hear a few good tips from you guys, will keep them noted and do more research (like I always do, I'm a walking encyclopedia XD).

Enjoy your days guys ;). Perhaps in the future our paths shall cross on the forum again :).

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, General Solar Magus said:

(Shhhh....... Don't tell anypony ;))

What in Equestria am I saying? Tell EVERYPONY!!!!

What Really? I'd love it if you rebooted this!

(Especially since my other, newer, character would go much better with the, musical aspect of this (If it's still musical))

• Brohoof 1

That's right guys. We are indeed getting a reboot :pinkie:!!

high_five_by_plsim-d7j4q0c.thumb.png.b4c93aeb142a9bd36ef687e30f145ff2.png

....with some added features that I have planned :icwudt: (that I'm preparing a sneak peak of :smug:). 

Before I launch the reboot, I've still got some things I want to do in preparation. For example, I want to reboot the story to be set a generation later (like the original) but a generation after the 7th season and the movie (and the movie releases 6th Octobers in 3 weeks), so I want to see those first.

In the mean time I will be doing prep like writing songs, story planning, finding more role players, and setting up the threads etc.

All my saved stuff for the original is on my desktop which I currently don't have access to, so I'll do what I can until I have that stuff back. Whenever I get that stuff, you guys will still be seeing content ;).

welcome_back_to_applejack__by_aloopyduck-d4y97zz.thumb.jpg.380b12e6ee22bb11df4fe9e272dda0f4.jpg

279938-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-fighter-rainbow-dash.thumb.png.e8732d4b8445b085696387f70b23c252.png

@Star48955 @Maple Bat @rolle @The Candlekeeper @Techno Universal

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, General Solar Magus said:

That's right guys. We are indeed getting a reboot :pinkie:!!

high_five_by_plsim-d7j4q0c.thumb.png.b4c93aeb142a9bd36ef687e30f145ff2.png

....with some added features that I have planned :icwudt: (that I'm preparing a sneak peak of :smug:). 

Before I launch the reboot, I've still got some things I want to do in preparation. For example, I want to reboot the story to be set a generation later (like the original) but a generation after the 7th season and the movie (and the movie releases 6th Octobers in 3 weeks), so I want to see those first.

In the mean time I will be doing prep like writing songs, story planning, finding more role players, and setting up the threads etc.

All my saved stuff for the original is on my desktop which I currently don't have access to, so I'll do what I can until I have that stuff back. Whenever I get that stuff, you guys will still be seeing content ;).

welcome_back_to_applejack__by_aloopyduck-d4y97zz.thumb.jpg.380b12e6ee22bb11df4fe9e272dda0f4.jpg

279938-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-fighter-rainbow-dash.thumb.png.e8732d4b8445b085696387f70b23c252.png

Ohh Yes... The it's finally the moment I've been waiting for! Plus in this reboot Techno will be basically upgraded from what he was in the original RP! :)

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Star48955 said:

Yay.^_^

Image result for fluttershy yay gif

I have to ask something though.How are you giving us the songs?I can't use youtube links,but if you tell me the video title I can watch it.

Well, for the original boot of the play, I was using soundcloud links, but they have actually annouced that their website will be closing in about a month, so I'm going to be moving my sounds to another. I still haven't chosen one, but I'll lets you know when I do.

6 minutes ago, General Solar Magus said:

Well, for the original boot of the play, I was using soundcloud links, but they have actually annouced that their website will be closing in about a month, so I'm going to be moving my sounds to another. I still haven't chosen one, but I'll lets you know when I do.

Well an idea for the soundtracks is you could just upload them to YouTube but set the settings on the videos in a way where you can't search them up but you can only publicly access them with a link. So you could just switch to using YouTube for the soundtracks! :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well an idea for the soundtracks is you could just upload them to YouTube but set the settings on the videos in a way where you can't search them up but you can only publicly access them with a link. So you could just switch to using YouTube for the soundtracks! :)

Thats a possibility. My brother also suggested that this one other sounds website, so I'll weigh my options as I go.

For now I'm preping the first new feature of the reboot :)

9 minutes ago, General Solar Magus said:

Thats a possibility. My brother also suggested that this one other sounds website, so I'll weigh my options as I go.

For now I'm preping the first new feature of the reboot :)

I'm getting really excited for the RP now! Plus in the beginning of the RP Techno is not only going to be doing spell research but he's also going to be experimenting with an advanced spell that spawns in super large and comfortable capes with very elaborate designs! :) 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

I'm getting really excited for the RP now! Plus in the beginning of the RP Techno is not only going to be doing spell research but he's also going to be experimenting with an advanced spell that spawns in super large and comfortable capes with very elaborate designs! :) 

Sounds fun but don't forget what Edna Mode from Incredibles said about Super Heroes XD (Apparently shes thinks they are too dangerous lol)NoCapes_zps82c1bcc0.jpg.b4c0ff6ad8c8fe23a560c100603ad99a.jpg

I'm all for some epic cape action though XD

3 minutes ago, General Solar Magus said:

Sounds fun but don't forget what Edna Mode from Incredibles said about Super Heroes XD (Apparently shes thinks they are too dangerous lol)NoCapes_zps82c1bcc0.jpg.b4c0ff6ad8c8fe23a560c100603ad99a.jpg

I'm all for some epic cape action though XD

Yeah it's like the capes are also an opertunety for comedy silliness with Techno! You probably know what I mean as it's going to be things like Techno getting into a silly mood or he has some extremely funny fails with the capes! :)

• Brohoof 1