Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Formatting issue in RP database

ZomBrony

I tried looking through the FAQ and RP forum to see if there's a better place to post this, but I didn't see it.

Now I'm assuming

<p> </p>

is "linebreak" or "new paragraph" or something like that, but when I used these linebreaks for updating my character's information in the RP character database, the code remained visible. I'm fairly confident it still did its job, but it's just ugly to look at.

p_p.png

Yeah, I noticed this too a bit ago and tried to figure out if there was any way to fix it from my side. The problem is the template is 'escaping' the HTML codes that the editor is automatically using. The previous version of the Editor used BBCode instead of HTML for formatting to avoid the security issue of injected code, same way most wiki's do. For some reason IPB4 got rid of BBCode... but it looks like they didn't finish the process. 

I wasn't able to find an obvious solution with the tools I have access to. This is one of those things someone with backend code/db access needs to look at. Unfortunately. :(

Well at least I know I'm not the only one. x3 It isn't a huge issue to me, but it would have been nice to be able to fix it if I could.

Do we know anyone with this access?

I'm being told that we're really light on MLPF developer-types. As in we don't actually have any. All our Poniverse developers are on other projects right now.

So if anyone is interested, I recommend sending a message to @AppleDashPoni or @Feld0 about joining the team as a developer... :please:

• Brohoof 1