What DAW do you guy use

Brobot

FML studio Logic X? please specify I'm trying to get into music prodution 

In Game Name:
Server Name :
Offense Banned for:
Staff member who banned you:
Dispute Reason:

If you're going to start producing music, find a DAW that most accustoms you. The most user friendly, in my opinion, is FL Studio but I have made my way over to Ableton which is a bit more confusing but I guess trial and error.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in the middle of a lot throughout life myself as of recently and haven't really gotten to use much more than two DAWs thus far, particularly my favored FL Studio 12, and then there is another free one out there called Stagelight that I've used to make some demo songs back in the day. I've only gotten to use a small trial version of Ableton Live 9. :fluttershy:

Of the three above-mentioned, I love FL Studio the bestest. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Hello @woodchunks66

Taking into account that you seek some form of advice related to the field of music, I believe this topic would be more suitable for Vinyl's Creative Resources.

Have a lovely day!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit of an odd duck, but I use Acid Music Studio 10.  Part of the reason is that not only is it one of the least expensive semi-professional grade DaW's out there, but it can do pretty much everything FL studio can, and has a much more user-friendly UI (IMO), and from what I've seen, the few things that FL studio has built-in that Acid doesn't can easily be acquired through the use of VST plug-ins (which, to be perfectly honest, from what I've seen on YouTube, most people running FL Studio also tend to prefer to use the same plug-ins over the equivalent native FL Studio features) and Acid, again, based on my own experience, is pretty much second-to-none for using random audio samples to create beats & such as well as beat-mapping songs for use in remixes.  Finally, one of the other reasons why I stick with Acid Studio is that I also use Vegas Pro for video editing, and I can just directly import my Acid Studio project files into Vegas.

Still, as generally powerful as current generation DAWs are, it mostly comes down to a matter of price & personal preference.

• Brohoof 1

FL Studio all the way! Been using for over 4 years now and I think its amazing but I definatley reccomend trying a couple first or even look at some reviews before making a final verdict :P
A few I can reccomend you check out are FL Studio, Ableton, Logic X, Studio One, and Cubase. My top picks though are definatley FL and Ableton. Hope this helps :)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Different tools for different work ? Cubase is nice for creating songs and beats. Anyhow any DAW that fits your workflow wold do the job. Acid pro is great for making mixes and do the mastering work with. When I'm out on a DJ gig, I always have Acid in my laptop for hooves on live mixing. So try different DAWs and choose the one that fits the bill and you can stand working with. Finally your creativity is all that matters, not the tools. So let's play, let's mix, let's get loose 20% cooler!!

(edited)

I've been using REAPER for sometime. Great plugins that come with it (can actually be downloaded for free, and for usage in any VST DAW), great interface, and it's stable af. Although, depends on what you do (I record metal), FL seems to do better with producing electronic music, especially with all the samples and stuff. Although it does cost a bit more.

Maybe download a few demos, or watch YT videos, and see what you like. A lot of different DAWs to choose from that's for sure. c:

Edited by Kawaii Besu

• 1 year later...

I currently use Qtractor, I've gotten quite used to it, and I'm most likely going to stick with it.

Then again, I don't produce "inside the box", i.e. all inside the computer. All my synths are hardware (although only one of them is analogue), all my samplers are hardware, I also do all my drums with hardware, same goes for sequencing and instrumental mixing, all FX on my instruments are hardware, too, and if I ever start using a vocoder, even that'll be hardware. Qtractor only serves as a multi-track audio recorder plus the ability to put FX on vocals.

• 3 weeks later...

Have tried several of them. I've seen a lot of people use ableton. I didn't like its piano roll. It feels like ableton is more for people who use samples rather than those who midi their stuff.

I myself use FL studio 12 quite a lot. I guess I got used to it even though its GUI is notas intuitive as ableton.

I must observe, though, that there are 2 freeware DAWs that I liked and do good. LMMS and Ardour (I can't remember how was it spelled). Both can use VST plugins and have an ok plugin enveloper and both can render into WAV, though I don't use them because they lack mp3 rendering which is very appreciated by me since I usually render bits of my work to show them to @Super Splashee

• Brohoof 1