Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

School and Work Wildlife

StormBlaze

Bit of an odd one today, but do any of you have wildlife you watch at work or school/college/uni? Pretty much real life/your own Springwatch (BBC TV show)

I have 2 species I watch out of my office window this season. First and my main entertainment is my Seagull family. My window looks out onto a flat roof and I've been watching this seagull couple since...*ahem* the mating season >.> and now they have 2 chicks. The chicks run about all over the roof and Im worried one will fall off (now he can jump onto the ledge) or end up down a gutter. Apprently they fledge in August. 

The second family of birds I watch are a large family of Peregrine Falcons. They nest on the Church next to our street. Really fascinating to watch and hear, all they do is shriek a lot lol. But amazingly theres about 5 or 6 of them in this one family! 

So do you guys have any distraction wildlife stories? Could be as small as a spider that lives on your PC

• Brohoof 2

My college has a lot of common birds though none of them really frequent a single location...at least none that I've noticed...

They're really small and adorable. There are also a lot of stray cats wandering the campus...

Toothless is a Friendly Pure Black cat that will cuddle up to random strangers, even if they have no food, 

Sky Flake is a cat that likes to be in high areas, You'll often find him  above trees or desks. 

Lucky is a 3-Legged Cat that some like to pet for good luck. 

There are a couple others but...to my knowledge, They have no names...

The ground squirrels. They pop out of their holes, stand straight up, squeak to one another, and sometimes "war dance" across the road when it suits them. Sadly they are seen as pests and are routinely eradicated... and while I know they do a lot of damage with their digging, I wish there were better ways for humans and wildlife to coexist!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...