Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot game.

CastletonSnob

9 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Since Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is coming out soon, what do you think are the chances of another Crash Bandicoot game developed by Naughty Dog coming out?

About as likely as Insomniac making another Spyro game.

• Brohoof 2

Not only has Naughty Dog previously stated that they have lost all interest in making those types of games, even if they did have interest, Activision has their greed soaked hands on the IP. This is why I am surprised that Insomniac is working on the Spiderman game, because Activision loves to give game development to D-class developers.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Not only has Naughty Dog previously stated that they have lost all interest in making those types of games, even if they did have interest, Activision has their greed soaked hands on the IP. This is why I am surprised that Insomniac is working on the Spiderman game, because Activision loves to give game development to D-class developers.

I don't think Activision has rights to ips like Spiderman anymore. Marvel owns him again, so Activision can't get their greedy hands on him anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, both Insomniac and Naughty Dog have gone on to do "bigger and better things".

With "wonderful" franchises like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance, how could these developers possibly go wrong?

It's not like Insomniac and Naughty Dog capped out their potential with the original trilogy of Spyro and Jak & Daxter games respectively, right?

Spoiler

635999167507305254-30701213_sarcasm.jpg

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Unfortunately, both Insomniac and Naughty Dog have gone on to do "bigger and better things".

With "wonderful" franchises like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance, how could these developers possibly go wrong?

It's not like Insomniac and Naughty Dog capped out their potential with the original trilogy of Spyro and Jak & Daxter games respectively, right?

Reveal hidden contents

635999167507305254-30701213_sarcasm.jpg

Maybe for you but for most people Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Last of Us are fantastic franchises. I think you're in the minority with your opinion bud. Sorry to say.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Celli said:

Maybe for you but for most people Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Last of Us are fantastic franchises. I think you're in the minority with your opinion bud. Sorry to say.

Certainly. I am fully aware that the masses are easily won over by superficial garbage. This goes for critics and consumers alike.

Admittedly, there are exceptions. Uncharted 4 was a "decent" experience. By far the best Uncharted game I have played at least. And Ratchet & Clank Up your Arsenal was quite good, I'll admit. I'll stand by my assertion that all the other games are either mediocre or garbage. But again, that's just my silly old opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Last of Us and Uncharted series may have good production values; voice acting, graphics, cutscenes, emotional cutscene buildups, the whole shebang. But the gameplay leaves a hellava lot to be desired. Resistance is a mediocre shooter fest. Not much to be said there. And Ratchet & Clank has been watered down so much since the Ps2 days. Specifically the awful Ps3 entires. The Ps4 one wasn't too bad, but there was so much cringe in that game I had to turn the voices off entirely :o 

Crash Bandicoot was never that much to my taste, but I can see there is at least an objectively "good" game there for those gamers who like more linear platformers. Proper Spryo and Jak sequels tho... that would be a dream come true *q*

@K.Rool Addict Dude, just cuz you don't like them doesn't mean it's garbage. Ever heard of differing opinions? Respect them. Uncharted, TLoU and Ratchet and Clank aren't "objectively bad" games, you clearly just have ridiculous standards when it comes to video games. Just admit it.

I've played all the PS2 Ratchet and Clanks, I really enjoyed them, Uncharted, specifically 2 and 3 were fantastic puzzle and third person shooters in my opinion, and Last of Us was also fun, again in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

0, but the main problem I have with it is that it's going to be PS4 ONLY. Like wtf...

(edited)

After seeing how much they've grown with Last of Us and Uncharted, I can't see them going back to Crash any time soon. Would love another Jack and Daxter game though 

On 6/21/2017 at 4:23 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

Certainly. I am fully aware that the masses are easily won over by superficial garbage. This goes for critics and consumers alike.

I'd make another "high and mighty" quip, but this is bullshit on another level 

Edited by The Undefeated of the Weast
  • Brohoof 1

1 day left, holy moly. I won't be able to play it much but I will definitely watch some playthroughs. I LOVED the classic games.