Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discordant Harmony: Fluttercord Confirmed?

FemaleIntrovert1995

(edited)

Please don't get offended? I don't hate Fluttercord(that doesn't mean I'm a Dislestia fan either). I don't ship in general. 

When I watched the leaked episode on YouTube, I noticed that a lot of Fluttercord fans kept commenting that Fluttercord is canon, why would they think that? 

Agian, not trying to be offensive, I'm just trying to learn something new. I'm new to the "shipping world", so please be nice to me. Thank you. 

Edited by FemaleIntrovert1995
Spelled episode title wrong.

Pretty sure most of those people are just joking. The episode featured a lot of potential "Shipping fuel" by virtue of having Discord and Fluttershy being affectionate with each other, Discord worrying what she thinks of him, Shy knowing him so well and going all chaotic to save him...People ship two ponies if they so much as breathe the same air as each other, so when they act like really good friends, the shippers go nuts.

Fluttercord isn't canon, you can read in some shipping fuel if you really want to, but they're just really close friends officially.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, woodchunks66 said:

Sorry but What is fluttercord?????

A romantic pairing between Discord and Fluttershy. Instead of writing FluttershyxDiscord, some people write Fluttercord, or Disshy, or cordshy, which is a combination of their names. 

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

jhm3r.jpg

Shippers will never be stopped! You just have to life with it. 

I love you Hierok...not in that way, I just think you're awesome B)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I love you Hierok...not in that way, I just think you're awesome B)

Thanks!! :lol: Now I feel 20% cooler. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, RareBase said:

Pretty sure most of those people are just joking. The episode featured a lot of potential "Shipping fuel" by virtue of having Discord and Fluttershy being affectionate with each other, Discord worrying what she thinks of him, Shy knowing him so well and going all chaotic to save him...People ship two ponies if they so much as breathe the same air as each other, so when they act like really good friends, the shippers go nuts.

Fluttercord isn't canon, you can read in some shipping fuel if you really want to, but they're just really close friends officially.

Your comments are very interesting to read. I'm pretty sure, in my opinion, mane six shippings (Fluttercord, Appledash Twidash, etc) won't become canon. 

(edited)

I will be honest, I absolutely hate that ship. In fact, I don't like most ships. Watching the episode actually made me anxious because that is something I don't want to see. I know I am being childish and selfish for saying that.  I found the episode great otherwise.

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 2

Those that ship those two are likely going to find this episode one of their favorites. Like almost every ship it is harmless fun for many fans, and it can actually deepen some of the narrative appeal of the show itself for a person who does. More power to them!

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

Your comments are very interesting to read. I'm pretty sure, in my opinion, mane six shippings (Fluttercord, Appledash Twidash, etc) won't become canon.

Yeah, I doubt they'll ever be officially canon, but people who like these relationships will continue to read romantic intentions with those characters, even though they know that's never going to happen in the show, because it's fun for them.

1 minute ago, Cwanky said:

Fluttercord is actually a pretty creepy ship when you realize that Discord is thousands of years older than Fluttershy....

He's not very emotionally mature though, he certainly doesn't act thousands of years old. I don't really see it as creepy anyway, they're both adults, they could both consent.

• Brohoof 1

This show sometimes hits the friendship notes so hard that they seem like romantic subtext. My personal favourite examples of this are "Fall Weather Friends," "Rarity Investigates," and the second and third Equestria Girls movies. In this case, Discord and Fluttershy were particularly affectionate towards each other, and that's very easy material for shippers to twist.

• Brohoof 3

So I'll start by saying haven't seen Discordant Harmony yet but I can Answer your question about why people ship the two so hard (Or at least why I do since it's my opinion anyways)

At first I didn't see it back in season 4. I "Friend"shipped them and was hoping Discord would reform but what hit me the hardest was when Fluttershy gave up her element (Something no pony else would have done) And after she did she refused to go back on that word. Discord did reform then but again I didn't ship the 2 at the time.

After a few more episodes I noticed that Discord was showing up in the background of Fluttershy's scene in the intro Didn't think much of this either.

After a while of him just being around I picked up on some of the more subtle things which started to sway my opinion until one particular Episode...

Make new friends but Keep Discord. In my mind Discord was willing to send a pony into another dimension for Fluttershy which is quite a big deal. I know it was portrayed as he did it because he though he could only make one friend and that was the only friend you could have but if you only can have one friend than that means they are the most important person to you which is where most of my "Fuel" for the ship came from.

After that everything was sorta biased towards(In my head) it so I best not go on. But it seemed as though Discord had an impact on her personality and development.

Hope I could help a bit. Giving a bit of insight but again it's just how I persisted certain events in the show which, opinion are opinions

(I hate people who say things like Fluttercord or nothing (Or anything similar). I'm very open about this but at the moment It's just the ship see becoming cannon if any(I don't see it happening))

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

There are two major hints in the show that suggest romantic angle: Fluttershy blushing in Discords arms in S6 finale and Discord leaving heart shaped sandwich for Fluttershy in Discordant harmony. The less obvious ship teasing is their overall dialogue that have Discord act very protective and charming around her. Theres also plenty of writers and story ediotrs like Mike Vogel, Meghan McCarthy or Lady Writers and Mike Fox favoring or liking tweets that state that Fluttercord is canon so there is definitely some intentional ship tease in there. Perhaps they plan to canonise them in the near future, but officially they are only very close friends and it need to be properly "confirmed" yet.

• Brohoof 1