Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Second half of S7.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

No, why would I be? The next half might be weaker, it might not. The episodes are already set in stone and there's nothing we can do about it now. What's the point of sitting here and going "The next episode might suck, the next season might suck, the next half-season might suck...", it accomplishes nothing except worrying you. Why not just wait and see, and hopefully, whether it's weaker or stronger or the same, it'll still be good and you can enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by RareBase
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Depends, even if the second half is not as good, the first is strong enough to make up for it 

besides it can't be as bad as S6's second half 

Edited by The Undefeated of the Weast

I didn't find the first half very good at all, so I really don't think there's anywhere to go but up, and...

Spoiler

including the early Australian releases, I've enjoyed the past four episodes, so I'm honestly hoping it might actually be a fair bit better than the first half. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, The Undefeated of the Weast said:

Depends, even if the second half is not as good, the first is strong enough to make up for it 

besides it can't be as bad as S6's second half 

Honestly, with Newbie Dash, Flutter Brutter, No Second Prances and Spice Up Your Life coming out in the first half of s6, you could make a very valid argument that the first half is worse. Either way, it's a coin flip.

Agree with Newbie Dash and NSP, disagree with FB and SUYL, even with their problems they were some of S6's better episodes 

ADO and On Your Marks were pretty shit too though

(edited)
3 hours ago, The Undefeated of the Weast said:

Agree with Newbie Dash and NSP, disagree with FB and SUYL, even with their problems they were some of S6's better episodes 

ADO and On Your Marks were pretty shit too though

I actually love On Your Marks and I find ADO really over hated. I'm not saying it's good (ADO), but I really have a hard time believing that it's one of the worst of the series like some people say. There are MUCH MUCH worse episodes.

Everyone complaining about ADO just say "it's boring" and leave it at that. My response? Ya. So what? That is a pretty small concern compared to episodes like 28PL, which teaches a reprehensible moral (on top of other things). "Being boring" is nothing. Maybe you have another reason for disliking it, however. Sorry if I misrepresented your argument.

Edited by King Clark

1 hour ago, King Clark said:

I actually love On Your Marks and I find ADO really over hated. I'm not saying it's good (ADO), but I really have a hard time believing that it's one of the worst of the series like some people say. There are MUCH MUCH worse episodes.

Everyone complaining about ADO just say "it's boring" and leave it at that. My response? Ya. So what? That is a pretty small concern compared to episodes like 28PL, which teaches a reprehensible moral (on top of other things). "Being boring" is nothing. Maybe you have another reason for disliking it, however. Sorry if I misrepresented your argument.

"Applejack's Day Off" is possibly my least favourite episode that season, but that's only because I like season 6 so much. (For the record, I admire a lot about "Newbie Dash" and I think "28 Pranks Later" is fine.) It is particularly boring and uneventful, and I think its recurring Rainbow Dash gag is a step back for her character, but it doesn't really do as much wrong as my least favourite episodes in any other season. 

(edited)
34 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

"Applejack's Day Off" is possibly my least favourite episode that season, but that's only because I like season 6 so much. (For the record, I admire a lot about "Newbie Dash" and I think "28 Pranks Later" is fine.) It is particularly boring and uneventful, and I think its recurring Rainbow Dash gag is a step back for her character, but it doesn't really do as much wrong as my least favourite episodes in any other season. 

Even if it is your least fav of S6, I am assuming we can agree that it is nowhere near the worst of the series. We can agree on that, right?

Also, I don't know if I made it clear enough in my first post, but I actually don't have a problem with people disliking it because it's boring. My problem is when people call it the "worst of the series" because it's boring and nothing else. There are many many episodes that have committed far worse atrocities than that.

Btw, I am glad that you enjoyed S6 so much. I envy you as there are just too many episodes that I dislike from that season for me to call it a positive experience overall. Just difference of opinion I guess.

Edited by King Clark
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, while I found the latest one to be INCREDIBLE, S7 has been pretty weak so far for me. parental glideance and the perfect pear were good, but most of the others were either "Bad" or just "Okay". (Like, I Found fluttershy incredible in discordant harmony, but the rest of it dragged, so it was more of a 7/10 honestly).

Hm. 

I'm actually going to say that I doubt the second half will be as impactful as the first half. Half of the episodes of the first half were (at varying levels) extraordinarily personal episodes. So far this season has actually given me my favorite episode, with two others that will likely land in my final top ten. It's going to be hard as hell for the show to match that. I can tell you that if they can come close, Season 7 may actually wind up as my favorite overall. 

I actually am excited at some of the upcoming episodes, but I'm generally a fan of Starlight, Spike, and CMC episodes ... so again I'm biased. Even so, I doubt they will top Perfect Pear, Discordant, Glideance, Flurry of Emotions, or Royal Problem (for me). 

Well yes, it kinda concerns me that the second half of the season might be weaker. As you see, the past two seasons had a load of weak, and bad episodes in their first half, but had better runs in the second overall. I just hope this isn't the inverse :unsure:

Even if it is your least fav of S6, I am assuming we can agree that it is nowhere near the worst of the series. We can agree on that, right?

Also, I don't know if I made it clear enough in my first post, but I actually don't have a problem with people disliking it because it's boring. My problem is when people call it the "worst of the series" because it's boring and nothing else. There are many many episodes that have committed far worse atrocities than that.

Certainly. There are episodes of this show which make me angry enough to ruin my day, so one dull episode ain't that bad in the grand scheme of things. 

Btw, I am glad that you enjoyed S6 so much. I envy you as there are just too many episodes that I dislike from that season for me to call it a positive experience overall. Just difference of opinion I guess.

I quite enjoyed having the minority opinion on season 6. I was able to enjoy what I got rather than be jealous of those who were! 

Although, a big part of why I liked season 6 was that I felt it had both consistency and freshness, so I was always surprised to see so many people felt the opposite. 

• Brohoof 1

@AlexanderThrond I guess it comes down to whether you find an episode worse for being dull and giving you no emotions or worse for making you angry. But, if I am being honest, the former argument is one that I REALLY don't understand. If an episode is boring, then you watch it and you forget about it. It's 22 minutes of your life wasted with a boring episode, but that's it. If you are angry at an episode, then that is far far worse, imo. To your point, it sticks with you and ruins your day. This is a show that you really enjoy and if an episode comes along and makes you angry, then it's also disappointing because you know it can do better than this. I would rather be bored than be forced to head to my medicine cabinet for something to aid the headache that the episode gave me.

Also, I wonder how those people feel about an episode like Appaloosa's Most Wanted. Not only is it really slow and boring, but it also has an abysmal ending that makes many people (including me) pretty angry.

2 hours ago, King Clark said:

Also, I wonder how those people feel about an episode like Appaloosa's Most Wanted. Not only is it really slow and boring, but it also has an abysmal ending that makes many people (including me) pretty angry.

The way it deals with Cutie Marks disturbs me enough to overpower basically anything else in the episode. The idea of a "Bad luck cutie mark" just terrifies me to no end, and as a result that episode puts a bad taste in my mouth. 

(edited)

We're mostly going to see what I think are "waste" episodes. Hopefully, Spike's "Triple Threat" won't be one of them, nor will "To Change a Changeling".

Campfire Tales will be just like another Sleepless in Ponyville, where there, only all those who haven't appeared much this season so far (plus Rarity, and maybe except for Spike) will appear in this episode, apparently, and ugggh... more PinkieDash. I'm also hoping that Pinkie will make one more cameo in Marks and Recreation but no other Mane Six ponies will, where she and the CMCs throw cute-ceañeras for the little foals.

At the earliest, the episodes won't premiere until late August, when summer break is about to come to an end this year.

Edited by FirePuppy

16 hours ago, King Clark said:

S6 has some good and great episodes, but I agree that there's an abundance of weak episodes overall. It's not something I've lose sleep over, but it gave me concern that the show may have been cancelled due to that

5 hours ago, King Clark said:

@AlexanderThrond I guess it comes down to whether you find an episode worse for being dull and giving you no emotions or worse for making you angry. But, if I am being honest, the former argument is one that I REALLY don't understand. If an episode is boring, then you watch it and you forget about it. It's 22 minutes of your life wasted with a boring episode, but that's it. If you are angry at an episode, then that is far far worse, imo. To your point, it sticks with you and ruins your day. This is a show that you really enjoy and if an episode comes along and makes you angry, then it's also disappointing because you know it can do better than this. I would rather be bored than be forced to head to my medicine cabinet for something to aid the headache that the episode gave me.

That's one example of self-sabotage that my aunt has told me. Yeah, there are episodes that are weak, and bad, and it's ok to make a big deal out of it (as the possibility of the show being cancelled out of it), but our fandom takes that shit overboard :dry: . Seriously, I bet most bronies who left the fandom because they don't love the show anymore it's mainly because of the aforementioned self-sabotage