Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Han̈azüki; A Phantasmagoric Treasure Trove Hidden in Plain Sight!

K.Rool Addict

(edited)

What is life? I do not know anymore. How could something of this magnitude sneak up on me and somehow keep me in oblivion for the length of nearly half a freaking year? 

1498062763033.png

8842510e97c3c8e5156ef18b9eaabb42.jpg

^Someone explain to me how all of THIS went under my radar somehow? 

It's like this freaking franchise was made specifically to suit all my personal tastes >.>

Let's bring out the handy, dandy notebook checklist, shall we? 

ezgif-2-fd1293fccd.gif

Every character is fucking adorable as hell? ✓

Solid and surprisingly nuanced voice acting? 

Absurd, celestial setting with crazy fantasy elements? 

A return to form for the elusive Hugbox genre of cartoons? ✓

Seemingly "important" progression from episode to episode? ✓

Strong focus on world building in a "show don't tell" manner? ✓

An air of mystery surrounding all progression within the show? ✓

Potential treasure trove of exploitability ala image macros, gifs, or legendary shoops? ✓

Flash animation that actually looks "good" and complements the character designs instead of looking like lanky Flash puppet stick figures? 

Show for young kids with mature elements/ dialogue sneaked in without it being cringeworthy or immersion breaking? Holy crap! I thought only MLP: FiM and Ruby Gloom were capable of such. Double check for that! 

You've heard of "videogames that play like movies", right? Well this is basically the antithesis of that. It's a show that feels like you are playing (not watching) a videogame. Kinda like early Adventure Time episodes. And that is a motherfucking triple check for me o,o ✓✓✓

So yeah, guys. I mean... I don't even freaking know. You guys like this show? Perhaps you hate it? Despise it with every fiber of your being? >.> Let me know below!

( I vaguely remember hearing the name of this show a few months ago. I think I might have been typing in "Hanamaru Sensation" on Youtube and when I got to "Hana" this popped up on the keyword predictions. Hanazuki Full of Treasures episode 1? Sounds like some stupid hipster, Tumblr bullshit, and then I went on my jolly way without even giving it a second thought. If only I knew the the ramifications of such an act Q.Q )

Also, disclamer for the mods: This is NOT a fanclub thread!  It is a media discussion thread. All members are welcome to put in their two cents, not just fans of the show. Mwahahaha, see that? That's called loopholes, and you better believe I know how to use em! :P  (but yes, all credit goes to @Tilgoreth for introducing me to this splendiferous gift from the gods!)

Edited by K.Rool Addict
  • Brohoof 2

It really looks like I'm watching someone going on an acid trip, but in a 'feels good' kind-of way.

It does remind me of a cartoon that would give anyone seizures, Problem Solverz. Imagine the Banned Seizure Inducing Pokemon Episode, but magnified and made into a TV show :lol:. However, unlike Problem Solverz, the bright and vibrant colors of Hanazuki: Full of Treasures are NOT seizure inducing.

Not so much of a big fan on cute things in TV shows thanks to MLP Gen 3 and 3.5 (I'll just stick to cute things IRL), but this wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

What is life? I do not know anymore. How could something of this magnitude sneak up on me and somehow keep me in oblivion for the length of nearly half a freaking year? 

1498062763033.png

It's like this freaking franchise was made specifically to suit all my personal tastes >.>

ezgif-2-fd1293fccd.gif

Potential treasure trove of exploitability ala image macros, gifs, or legendary shoops? ✓

Flash animation that actually looks "good" and complements the character designs instead of looking like lanky Flash puppet stick figures? 

Show for young kids with mature elements/ dialogue sneaked in without it being cringeworthy or immersion breaking? Holy crap! I thought only MLP: FiM and Ruby Gloom were capable of such. Double check for that! 

You've heard of "videogames that play like movies", right? Well this is basically the antithesis of that. It's a show that feels like you are playing (not watching) a videogame. Kinda like early Adventure Time episodes. And that is a motherfucking triple check for me o,o ✓✓✓

So yeah, guys. I mean... I don't even freaking know. You guys like this show? Perhaps you hate it? Despise it with every fiber of your being? >.> Let me know below!

( I vaguely remember hearing the name of this show a few months ago. I think I might have been typing in "Hanamaru Sensation" on Youtube and when I got to "Hana" this popped up on the keyword predictions. Hanazuki Full of Treasures episode 1? Sounds like some stupid hipster, Tumblr bullshit, and then I went on my jolly way without even giving it a second thought. If only I knew the the ramifications of such an act Q.Q )

Also, disclamer for the mods: This is NOT a fanclub thread!  It is a media discussion thread. All members are welcome to put in their two cents, not just fans of the show. Mwahahaha, see that? That's called loopholes, and you better believe I know how to use em! :P  (but yes, all credit goes to @Tilgoreth for introducing me to this splendiferous gift from the gods!)

I didn't know their where Hanazuki comics. I'll have too find them and give them a try.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

I didn't know their where Hanazuki comics. I'll have too find them and give them a try.

Yeah man, it's IDW too! (aka the same publisher that releases the MLP:FiM comics! \(^o^)/)

MLP_FF35-cover.jpg

Check em out at IDW's official website: http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/hanazuki-full-of-treasures-1/

/)^3^(\ You have NO IDEA how happy I am that the show was confirmed for a second season, btw!

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Yeah man, it's IDW too! (aka the same publisher that releases the MLP:FiM comics! \(^o^)/)

MLP_FF35-cover.jpg

Check em out at IDW's official website: http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/hanazuki-full-of-treasures-1/

/)^3^(\ You have NO IDEA how happy I am that the show was confirmed for a second season, btw!

Thanks! Oh yeah don't forget about the short supposed too play before the MLP movie!:love: 

Just now, Tilgoreth said:

Thanks! Oh yeah don't forget about the short supposed too play before the MLP movie!:love: 

OH fuck I totally forgot about that! Saw that on Wikipedia just yesterday lol

06324555f9328d245037a565b6484d319c752b60

^What a time to be alive xDD

• Brohoof 1

Man, I really really REALLY want a nice long extended remix of that opening theme Q.Q I searched all over Youtube and I can't find a thing!

Although, I did find something rather, peculiar during my search: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hanazuki+remix

^Hanazuki seems to have an astonishing number of Sparta remixes dedicated to it 0.0 None of them are particularly good, persay, but I wonder why they are so abundant? I really miss how the internet was back when Sparta remixes were big... it brings a tear to me eye tbh xD

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Man, I really really REALLY want a nice long extended remix of that opening theme Q.Q I searched all over Youtube and I can't find a thing!

Although, I did find something rather, peculiar during my search: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hanazuki+remix

^Hanazuki seems to have an astonishing number of Sparta remixes dedicated to it 0.0 None of them are particularly good, persay, but I wonder why they are so abundant? I really miss how the internet was back when Sparta remixes were big... it brings a tear to me eye tbh xD

Well that was certainly interesting. :D

Dude, I just watched eps 6-11 and I can't believe how deep this shit is getting >.>

It already far surpassed anything from Ruby Gloom xD

I was actually expecting the show to get worse once Kiazuki entered the picture. She just seemed to be such a generic "moody" character early on. But that wasn't further from the truth! @_@ This show is CONSTANTLY exceeding my expectations... it's such a nice breath of fresh air with all the rampant disappointments of E3 xD

Spoiler

Also, I can definitely see why people ship these characters lol

tumblr_oldcybXF8W1w0dda2o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

Here some Hanazuki 595030877b446_hanazukixkiazuki.thumb.png.18024df6fb164b0413dc34b4e8b5ef49.png5950309dcf3a9_kiazukimeme.thumb.png.0915ed226721a5a16df4da598b7e622a.png595030b7de10f_kiazukihanazuki.thumb.png.c73d50698c41296a3e0d465c393db796.png595030d2b3a6f_cutehanazuki.thumb.png.d3632f24b9957f2228e74ea4bc20e56e.pngmemes.

On 6/21/2017 at 9:25 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

Dude, I just watched eps 6-11 and I can't believe how deep this shit is getting >.>

It already far surpassed anything from Ruby Gloom xD

I was actually expecting the show to get worse once Kiazuki entered the picture. She just seemed to be such a generic "moody" character early on. But that wasn't further from the truth! @_@ This show is CONSTANTLY exceeding my expectations... it's such a nice breath of fresh air with all the rampant disappointments of E3 xD

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I can definitely see why people ship these characters lol

tumblr_oldcybXF8W1w0dda2o1_500.gif

So have you caught up with the current episodes yet?

On 6/21/2017 at 0:00 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

1498062763033.png

ezgif-2-fd1293fccd.gif

Here have some Hanazuki.595061a7e5ad4_awwhugsmeme.thumb.png.da4d1d7b147de80d268b970a0f4a96b6.png595061c67cb7c_notthisagainMEME.thumb.png.62d6783313baf3833d139cf485377bda.png595061df6f83c_morethanjustfriendsmeme.thumb.png.c79aef3cb9ebd86c9e5e6f0b0b4a8168.png595061f40ed52_seriouslymeme.thumb.png.f955e8035aa69a1893220268f4109476.png5950620f9f3a2_herewegoagainmeme.thumb.png.83a80440431a4559852c62dbc39a16ab.png59506228e132a_NOWTOOTAKEHERHOMEMEME.thumb.png.876497c8cf9b4cb7fcf14c7c9bafa40c.png