Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on MLP and Sonic character similarities

Kaijuattack877

This is what keeps me thinking all night and i just wanted to say this to get off my crest.
To any of my watchers who are Ponies fans, that if you want to know about me, Is understanding why I dislike Sonic x MLP crossover?
I not considering complaining or trolling, on the Sonic fandom or MLP should crossover.

THIS is MY OWN Personal opinion how Sonic and MLP are NOTHING Alike!
this is like comparing lettuces and cabbages.
The point of this is to analyze similar characters and finding to tell theme apart of find their similarities and differences.

Dispite, there are know horrible shippings or bad fanfictions those plots that cliché or predictable.

The one thing I hated this crossover because of fans comparing Sonic characters with the Mane Six,
Some fans believe that these characters personalities and traits are similar to Sonic and his friends and they are totally the same characters,
I wanted to see actual differences of characters and the series are they are NOT the same.

It's just the way I see this similarities is that the Mane Six seemly didn't seem to stood out as individual and completely original characters,
as fanS speculate that these characters are inspired from Sonic characters.
These are common similarities of these characters if as you know.......
Sonic = Rainbow Dash: for having being cool blue characters who are fast.
Amy = Pinkie Pie: For being the color pink or somewhat random
Cream = Fluttershy: Shy, kind, timid personalities
Blaze = Twilight: Purple color and both princesses.
Shadow = Sunset: Well having backstories that getting along the main characters and consider 
Chaos Emeralds = The Elements: Plot devices that involves defeating villains.

Mane Six have something unique about them.

I really wanted to know there any differences at all!
I heard that Sonic characters are known be bland or bad.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to see if there's anything more Unique traits to or any characters developments of these Pony characters, or anyone looking a deeper analysis on their personalities.
MLP show is to have some respective nature and good writing of these episodes than any Sonic cartoon.
This show doesn't revolve these ponies fighting random villains all the time. 

This show seems to have maturely and major changes in this show.

So what to you think that Sonic characters inspired the Mane SIX

• Brohoof 1

I can kinda see why people compare Sonic to Rainbow Dash, but after that I don't see any more similarities between that franchise and FIM.  If you really want to compare Sonic to something, than compare the plot of  Adventure 2 to the plot of Kill la Kill.

Sonic and Rainbow Dash cause their speed. Absolutely nothing else imo.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:36 AM, cmarston1 said:

I can kinda see why people compare Sonic to Rainbow Dash, but after that I don't see any more similarities between that franchise and FIM.  If you really want to compare Sonic to something, than compare the plot of  Adventure 2 to the plot of Kill la Kill.

Yeah, already thinking about that though i haven't watch much of Adventure 2 and i'm certain Shadow doesn't desire killing the person responsible for Maria's death. 

20 minutes ago, Kaijuattack877 said:

Yeah, already thinking about that though i haven't watch much of Adventure 2 and i'm certain Shadow doesn't desire killing the person responsible for Maria's death. 

In Adventure 2, Shadow wants to kill all humans because it's what he thinks Maria asked him to do as she was dying.

Spoiler

However, that was because Professor Gerald altered Shadow's memory after Maria died, because he wanted revenge for Maria's death. Maria actually asked Shadow to "give them a chance to be happy" and "let them live for their dreams," which Shadow remembers at the end of the game (and then goes to help stop the world from being destroyed).

As for the main topic of this thread, I agree that the characters aren't very similar - they only have a few things in common with each other.

Rainbow Dash has a similar personality with 90's Sonic. Free-spirited, arrogant, hot-headed and an overall desire to do good, not just because of their moral values, but also to stroke their own egos. Also, you have the obvious speed factor as well.

That's about it though.

18 hours ago, RiseofSpectrum said:

Rainbow Dash has a similar personality with 90's Sonic. Free-spirited, arrogant, hot-headed and an overall desire to do good, not just because of their moral values, but also to stroke their own egos. Also, you have the obvious speed factor as well.

That's about it though.

Yeah, sometimes people thinks it's hard to know about these two characters,Sometimes RD is compared with Blaze, she's harsh and more independent like RD.

18 hours ago, Awkward Segway said:

In Adventure 2, Shadow wants to kill all humans because it's what he thinks Maria asked him to do as she was dying.

Reveal hidden contents

However, that was because Professor Gerald altered Shadow's memory after Maria died, because he wanted revenge for Maria's death. Maria actually asked Shadow to "give them a chance to be happy" and "let them live for their dreams," which Shadow remembers at the end of the game (and then goes to help stop the world from being destroyed).

As for the main topic of this thread, I agree that the characters aren't very similar - they only have a few things in common with each other.

Yeah, nodbody else thinks of talking about these characters seriously,

For example. If you watching a latest episode starring Rarity, such as "Rarity takes Manehatten" or "Canterlot Boutique" and still comparing her to Rouge,

does it still look/sound similar that they are the same character?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I know a lot about Sonic, and I am quite happy to not see any similarities. To be able to enjoy MLP and Sonic separately is quite nice.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Amy is soo annoying haha I mean in a way she does match Pinkie pie but like owch. More like a weird version of minnie mouse lulz

The sonic characters can be a bit eh tbh personality wise, the girls especially are annoying though I don't mind the bat too much and blaze.

But I do like charmy bee and tails (when he isn't being annoying lol). I also like some of the more side and minor characters like the squirrel one but ya. 

Maybe apple jack should be knuckles not that they are very similar just cuz I feel rainbow dash and apple jack are kinda like rivals in the same way. That's if they made a crossover game in the same way they did with super mario.

Edited by flurry

On 6/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, Kaijuattack877 said:

onic = Rainbow Dash: for having being cool blue characters who are fast

They belong together, as a couple. It's the best fan fic idé I have ever come up with! I'll start writing it right now!