Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jeric

(edited)

image.thumb.png.b5411f9229032fbc7fb754532ea5ed6a.png

A Perfect Pair - Gone but not forgotten

I'm including both of these characters together since they are indeed the perfect pair. I'm a hopeless romantic who was lucky enough to live a great romance and this couple is hooves down the greatest depiction of romantic love in FiM. This is as close to a holy grail OTP that the show can ever hope to achieve.

Their story is as epic as the anticipation of finally seeing them depicted as characters, fully realized. The writers did not disappoint when crafting their love story. Many of us have waited years for this moment. 

I hope this topic will stand as a way to showcase them as a couple and also individually. A thread to remember them by in a sense. 

medium.png

"A moment in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts."

Edited by Lightwing
Fixed a broken image
  • Brohoof 18

(edited)

The episode was absolutely amazing, and their development into a romantic relationship is the key reason. In 22 minutes, the Sister Writers developed one that felt completely real. In a series with a lot of badly-written romances, it's not only a breath of fresh air, but a major surprise, IMO.

Here's an image I found on Derpibooru.

large.jpeg

Artist's DA link.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 12

I have a feeling that these two will be featured heavily in fan art. I also cannot wait for the fics. So much opened for possibilities now!

1468681__safe_artist-colon-nekosnicker_b

Art by Neko-Snicker

• Brohoof 9

21 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Does anyone know who is Pear Butter's voice actress? Her singing voice was really beautiful

Aye. Second parent this season to have a VA that really made the character feel alive to me. Felicia Day's delivery felt crazy natural. 

"Quiet you", is one of my favorite lines. 

30 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Does anyone know who is Pear Butter's voice actress? Her singing voice was really beautiful

Aye. Second parent this season to have a VA that really made the character feel alive to me. Felicia Day's delivery felt crazy natural. 

"Quiet you", is one of my

EDIT actually meant second female parent .... both Bright Mac and Bow were done very well too. 

• Brohoof 4

This pair felt truly genuine, and they touched me. Having watched the episode with @Jeric was something special, and these two...man...I can't say enough.

• Brohoof 4

I cam back recently to this forum, and I am so so glad that there is a topic for these two.

I personally think none of the episodes will top this one. It was high anticipated, and they blew me away with how perfect this was.

I made a really quick icon of which you can see as my avatar of Pear Butter, and I am so glad they made her design that way. 

10/10 stars.

• Brohoof 5

I swear that before the summer is over, I'll have seen this episode over a dozen times. 

Also, the fam together. What is it about putting your hat on a kid that makes it such and endearing moment?

medium.png

• Brohoof 9

It's great too see that there ere so many people touched by this episode. And all the people who came back too draw fanart just for this episode. I just think it's amazing that tv show designed for little girls could touch so many people.

• Brohoof 3

I love this pair. Is probably one of the cutiest and most beautiful pairs I ever seen. They match so well. I hope we will see more about them in future episodes.

Meanwhile, we can enjoy with some great pictures of them (I'll make one too, but I'm more busy with 2 drawings):

large.png

Source

large.png

Source

large.png

Source

• Brohoof 4

23 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I see why Bright Mac fell for her

CommissionPearButterbyChaosAngelDesu1498

That scene and her laugh afterwards gave her soooo much personality in such a little time. I need to find a gif of that laugh, it was so well done. 

Stumbled on this looking for one. 

005424f046dc45f3bfbc25ddfbe6c81d.jpg

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Baby Flyer said:

Just saw the episode for myself. It sure was great. It's like Romeo and Juliet without the tragedy.

Presumably there was one though, or they would still be around :(

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Baby Flyer said:

Just saw the episode for myself. It sure was great. It's like Romeo and Juliet without the tragedy.

I know, right?

By the way, for those who thought Romeo and Julliet was an awful love story, you might want to watch this editorial:

While it may have been a tragedy, R+J was more about being close-minded can hurt the people you love.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Presumably there was one though, or they would still be around :(

Oh come on. There's no actual proof that they're dead.

18 minutes ago, Baby Flyer said:

18 minutes ago, Baby Flyer said:

Oh come on. There's no actual proof that they're dead.

Sure there is. 

"All I know about your parents was that they loved each other very much".

Not only was that dialog piece in past tense, it was in past tense with third parties related to each other -- how they felt toward each other. Even without context of the theme of the episode, that means they no longer exist, or they no longer love each other. Add in the context and they certainly didn't mean it to be they fell out of love. 

Language is a powerful communication tool when it is used to craft a story. It also provides definitive and empirically sound evidence that they are, in fact, deceased. 

Now that my authorial mind is resharpened .... I need to probably retool the OP to frame that. :)

mlp__pear_butter_and_bright_mac_by_queen

bcbcbb9701e4b1d61da55dab68041225.jpg

These two are adorable and sanguine at the same time. 

• Brohoof 3

LF apparently said it's her headcannon that they are dead, but it has never been explicitly stated so the writers of the show are free to change that if they feel the need. I can't see it ever being shown explicitly though, given it's a kids show regardless of how old some of us "kids" are.

6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

LF apparently said it's her headcannon that they are dead, but it has never been explicitly stated so the writers of the show are free to change that if they feel the need. I can't see it ever being shown explicitly though, given it's a kids show regardless of how old some of us "kids" are.

It was told explicitly that they are no longer present though (as well as no longer presently in love) in the episode multiple times. 

Robin Koska actually explicitly stated it during a panel last year and this was after her work on this episode ... where she actually designed Pear Butter and Bright Mac.

No they are dead. When the show's logic and authorial intent align, it is ignorant to not accept it even if you don't like it. 

• Brohoof 1