Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

3 minutes ago, PrincessOfCompassion said:

I think they died in some sort of accident or sickness since I don't think murder would be in a show meant for kids.

^ I agree. I'd say either an accident related to farm work or some sort of uncurable illness. I think one of em died this way, at least. Maybe the other died of natural causes or something. 

(edited)

Yeah as others said probably just had some major accident (and lord knows those can happen with intensely physical work like farming) Or died of some illness. 

The Show wouldn't have them be murdered and even if it could it'd add absolutely nothing to anything and just be pointless. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

I highly doubt they've died of natural causes, as it's is unlikely they could have died from one at the same time :huh: . I do believe that they either died of a natural disaster, or both fell victim to a predator 

• Brohoof 1

My headcanon is Bright Mac died from a fatal illness during her pregnancy, and Buttercup died during childbirth.

@Zel had another great theory of them traveling to Vanhoover to try to reunite with the Pears, but died in a fatal accident en route.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think they died...I think some calamity happened to place them in some form of stasis,

maybe being petrified into stone while trying to protect baby apple jack or

sent into a void. I dunno....I just don't see Hasbro ever showing actual death in a show...maybe funerals...but not death,

So I'd say some form of stasis is more likely.

I'm partial to the whole "tragic accident" theory... except, being who they are, I'm willing to bet they died saving lives.

A passenger wagon, a mountain road, a wheel falls off... and as it's perched on the cliff, they manage to hold on long enough to get the others to safety.  Then, as Bright Mac goes back in one last time for her, the cliffside gives way...

Died saving lives; that's my story, an' I'm stickin' to it.

• Brohoof 4

26 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

@Zel had another great theory of them traveling to Vanhoover to try to reunite with the Pears, but died in a fatal accident en route.

This is what I have adopted. Bright Mac and Pear Butter welcome Applebloom and they decided enough is enough and they leave to mend fences with Grand Pear, and have some sort of accident en route, or even on their way home. 

25 minutes ago, Coffee said:

Applebloom tho

25 minutes ago, Coffee said:

.I just don't see Hasbro ever showing actual death in a show...maybe funerals...but not death,

They didn't show death. They showed grieving and healing -- the moral of the episode. 

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

My guess is they both died in a fire. It's the sort of accident that could have easily killed both of them, but spared their children. Probably died saving their children from the fire. 

Edited by Ganondox
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I was watching "They miss you too" and I think that is aan acceptable accident, only a little bit more drama and more emotional feelings. :orly:

My other conclusion: They were eaten by Timberwolves or a manticore. :squee: I like this one better, but it is a kidsshow after all. 

Edited by Hierok

I know this would never be shown on a kids show especially, but since the story is like Romeo and Juliet maybe they killed themselves thinking the other was dead.

Or the mother could have died from childbirth leaving the father to raise the kids with Granny Smith and he could have died from heartbreak or a possible farming accident.

Or they could have just died in an accident/natural causes.

Possibly something like an illness or some kind of accident. To me honestly it could be anything, as it has never been explained and likely never will be, but I find it to give room for creativity. It is a bit of a strange situation, implying they died in a children's show but not explaining it.

i have a head canon where they were ambushed by a pack of timber wolves when they were coming back from selling apples in another town. Granny Smith was baby sitting the 3 foals. 

Which is why AJ feared Timber wolves so much in "spike at your service". 

• Brohoof 2

45 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

It is a bit of a strange situation, implying they died in a children's show but not explaining it.

Well, it's been done in similar ways in some popular animation before. Death orphans character off-screen prior to the start of the series timeline with a mention and no explanation of death. 

ce57e9089e9bf680aec93e60951cfee9.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-01-13-22h51m52s139.png

Lilo-Wallpaper-lilo-and-stitch-5702055-1

426ad6cb0e8137c94d54a15e7abe7d03.jpg

Shit, you can't toss a cat in a cartoon without hitting an orphan with no cause of death for their parents. I swear Disney's animation bible makes it a requirement. 

Even characters who lost just one parent are not uncommon, like Finneas and Ferb and Max Goof. And these were all shows that were marketed to the same target demo as FiM. 

• Brohoof 3

I could be remembering things wrong, but it was never directly stated that they were dead, right? The only thing I can remember being said about what happened to them was that

the apple/pear tree was the only thing given to the Apple siblings "to remember them by". 

That said, I do believe it's highly likely that they did die, given the way it was phrased.

3 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

I could be remembering things wrong, but it was never directly stated that they were dead, right? The only thing I can remember being said about what happened to them was that

Hide contents

the apple/pear tree was the only thing given to the Apple siblings "to remember them by". 

That said, I do believe it's highly likely that they did die, given the way it was phrased.

I guess technically they could have been sucked into another dimension or something and that would still make sense without them technically being dead, but they ded. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ganondox said:

I guess technically they could have been sucked into another dimension or something and that would still make sense without them technically being dead, but they ded. 

Or they're off on a really long trip. I believe it was a fan theory (or just something that Lauren Faust herself once suggested but never confirmed) that AJ's parents were travelling salesponies or something.

That's mostly speculation and has no solid evidence, though, so I think I'd agree that they're probably dead.

19 hours ago, Coffee said:

I don't think they died...I think some calamity happened to place them in some form of stasis,

sent into a void. I dunno....I just don't see Hasbro ever showing actual death in a show...maybe funerals...but not death,

So I'd say some form of stasis is more likely.

I highly doubt some form of stasis or captured situation because of the character development for the Apple parents in the latest episode. The episode showed the parents to be honest, hardworking, (physically and mentally) strong, loving, ect. All attributes seen in all of the Apple siblings. If the parents were captured or trapped, I'm pretty sure the Apple family would move Heaven and Equestria to find them. What made the episode emotionally charged and moving was because of the Pear and Apple family's devotion to family (which ironically was what caused the feud between the families in the first place).

When Grand Pear made Pear Butter decide between her family and her true love, it was a difficult decision. In the end, Pear Butter went with her heart and chose Bright Mac. The repercussions were that she would probably never see her old family again due to the feud between the families and her family moving to Vanhoover. This was not an easy decision to make and she was emotionally distraught by the ultimatum. This scene was what made the ending redemption between Granny Smith and Grand Pear so powerful. They finally made up despite the two lovers not being around anymore.

Because Hasbro will not probably show death in a prepubescent children's show, I think this may be the last time they explicitly touch upon the Apples' parents.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I always assumed it was an accident of some sort. Flooding, fire, or a train wreck seem like the most likely culprits, and I've generally gone with the latter. I don't think AJ, Big Mac or Apple Bloom were with them when it happened.

Edited by BlueStreak98
  • Brohoof 2