Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would like to think so from a freak accident. I mean if not, then that would make them look like an irresponsible parent for leaving their kids behind like that.

It doesn't really impact the plot in any way, so I doubt they will ever revile what happened to them, but most likely it was an incident(like felling of a cliff) or illness. Maybe the timberwolves or another monster killed them. Who knows, maybe they are stuck in a limbo or got banished to another realm...

On 5/5/2019 at 8:00 PM, TheTaZe said:

Has it ever been explicitly confirmed they are dead? Yeah, it's been hinted at but I'm sure there isn't any proof of it being the case.

“The Perfect Pear” all but confirms it.

I really want to know how these two passed away. I know that sounds morbid but I am honestly just very curious. Alas, I am certain that the show will never explore this. If I had to guess, I would say that they got eaten by timber wolves.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:12 PM, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I really want to know how these two passed away. I know that sounds morbid but I am honestly just very curious. Alas, I am certain that the show will never explore this. If I had to guess, I would say that they got eaten by timber wolves.

I'm not sure they could give an answer that makes any sense, since they've been conveniently absent in all flashbacks where they would have to be alive.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I am always thinking of some car accident, but this is Equestria....

How about they were building a dam (for watering their apple trees?) and it somehow collapsed? Let's make it heroic too, so Apple-dad (sorry I forgot his name) had to save the children, went in after the children were saved to save the mother of Applejack (I know this one, Pear Butter)...

Okay, I checked, it is Bright Mac. So, it would have been a really sad episode, no matter how they perished :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I think they went on a trip to get supplies or whatever and either got in an accident, got deathly sick, or got attacked by timberwolves or some other beasts along the way.

Somepony's watched too many Disney movies! :blink:

I think they left so Pear Butter could pursue a career as a country singer. That might explain why Applejack adopted the "Apple Chord" persona.  

It was likely some kind of farm accident. Whatever it was, I hope it wasn't anything too violent. They didn't deserve something really bad happen to them, as they were good parents from the looks of it.

• Brohoof 2