Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/167388-the-four-cats-of-apocalypse-ooc-1x1-with-unicorncob/

Four will rise from the shadows, bringing darkness in their paws.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slumberfur looked around him slightly confused. It was a night, and he was in the Thunderclan's camp, but it was empty and there was no stars in the sky.  

Slumberfur heard something from direction of the Highrock and saw dark cat with unnatural looking green eyes coming towards him. He opened his mouth to ask who the cat was but when he did, his senses got filled with strong scent of death that made it hard to breathe. 

"You don't belong here." The dark cat said with emotionless voice "Leave, you are not one of them."  From behind the cat came another, light brown with spots, one eye blind, with scar through it.

The new cat brought with it a scent of blood, and Slumberfur could feel the hostility of the cat, it made him uncomfortable. The brown cat suddenly hissed, "This is not your place." "Go home kittypet."

Slumberfur wanted to answer to cat's insult, but the mixture of the scents was so strong that he could barely breath, making him unable to even try to speak.

Two more cats appeared. One was hairless, and looked starved, it sat next to the previous two cats but didn't say anything. Second was small, very sick looking cat, bringing the scent of sickness to Slumberfur's senses, making the already challenging task of breathing, even harder. Slumberfur's vision started to blur and last thing he heard was one of the cats saying to another "It's time." 

Slumberfur woke up in the warriors' den, gasping for air. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx took a look around, flicking her tail as she tried to get an idea of where she was. A cool breeze brushed her soft pelt, and the rustling of leaves made her ears prick up.

She assumed she was in a forest of some kind. Maybe it was that one where all those wild cats lived? The silly idea caused a purr to rumble inside her, though the trees did look similar.

Though, something caught her attention. The shape of a cat in the distance, which she mysteriously felt compelled to approach. But as she got closer, the shape bounded away. Once it got a ways away, it stopped and turned, its slit white eyes fixed on her as if it were saying "Are you coming?"

She plodded on, being led through the shaded trees for who knows what or why. She had no idea why she was doing this, but she just felt like she had to.

She was led to a little clearing in the trees, with the shaded cat staring right at her with its slit eyes. A voice began to echo around her.

"Outsiders will come, and despair will follow."

Jinx slowly opened her eyes, and slowly raised herself up. She gave a stretch of her soft limbs while letting out a long yawn. She was back in her comfy bed in the kitchen.

What a weird dream.

She stepped out onto the cold tile floor and plodded over to her bowl, purring at the gravy-coated tuna pieces in her bowl and happily eating up.

She couldn't help but think about that forest in her dream... perhaps when she was finished, she could go take a look.

Maybe after a nap too. From looking out the window, it was to be a sunny morning.

• Brohoof 1

When Slumberfur noticed he was in the warriors' den, he calmed down. One of the other warriors was looking at him concerned, but Slumberfur assured that he was okay and that he had just seen a bad dream.

He walked out of the den, he didn't know what to think about the dream, "Maybe I ask Moonshine later, just in case"Moonshine was Thunderclan's medicine cat, she if somebody would know what to make of the dream. 

Slumberfur padded over to fresh-kill pile and was going to grab good looking mouse from the pile when Thunderclan's leader Kitestar ordered him to come to medicine cat's den. He turned away from the pile and headed towards the den slightly confused, thinking to himself, "Have I done something?" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx yawned and padded outside as soon as she was finished with her food. The morning sunlight warmed her soft fur, making her purr comfortably.

She approached her favourite patch of grass in the garden, before stopping to look at the lake beyond the fence. At the forest surrounding it. The green leaves that looked similar to the trees in her dream.

She had no idea why, but she felt compelled to go over and investigate. Just what was over there that was so important that she had to have a strange and specific dream about it?

But that could wait--she had all day to herself, and her patch of grass was calling her. It was naturally smoothed down with how often she used it, and this time was no exception. She flopped down and purred, rolling onto her side to sun herself.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur exited the medicine cat's den and went straight to the fresh-kill pile. "What did they say?" one of the warriors Slumberfur was friends with asked, "You know that kittypet that has no respect for clans' borders or pray?" "Yeah?" "Well, I have to go and bring her here." "why?" "I don't know, but apparently it's very important" He then started eating the mouse he had looked at earlier.

After finishing the mouse, Slumberfur made his way out of the camp and started heading towards the twoleg place.  

Meanwhile, Jinx had fallen asleep on her patch of grass, resting off her food while sunning herself. The plump she-cat was a fluffy lump laying on her back, snoozing peacefully.

Thankfully no visions were coming to her this time, so she could enjoy her nap in peace. Which meant she had no clue a cat was coming for her...

• Brohoof 1

Around sunhigh.

Slumberfur left Riverclan's behind, his travel through territories had went well. He had been stopped by both Shadow- and Riverclan, but they let him continue without further problems.

He was now arriving to twoleg place, and started looking for any kittypets to ask about the cat he was looking for. He didn't want to be there any longer than necessary. 

• Brohoof 1

Lucky for him, the kittypet in question was quite infamous in the area, and he was pointed to her right away. "Look for the fat lump of fur asleep in that garden," they told him.

Indeed, Jinx was still snoozing on her patch, her tail twitching softly in comfort.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur found Jinx and looked at the snoozing cat, "For what in the name of Starclan that cat could even remotely be use for." he thought to himself before he went closer to Jinx. He then proceeded to wake her up. "Wake up kittypet."

• Brohoof 1

The plump kittypet snorted as she was jostled awake, and her eyes narrowed as they slowly opened, seeing the silhouette of a cat above her.

She grunted and lazily waved a paw toward his face, not reaching it. "What're you doing in my garden...?" she muttered, too sleepy to be smart.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur rolled his eyes, "Waking you up, I have to talk to you." "And I don't want to be here any longer than I need to, so get up." He said calmly but his impatience was noticable. "You from all cats should know that we don't like waiting." 

This kittypet had been found napping in Thunderclan territory several times, and Slumberfur had been with the patrol waking her up time to time.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx grumbled and yawned, rolling herself onto her front and lifting herself onto her soft paws. She turned to look at Slumberfur and sat down, casually running her paw behind her ear.

"I hope this is actually important," she mewed, "and that you're not simply waking me up from my nap to annoy me. You and your friends have a habit of it that I'm not fond of."

• Brohoof 1

"I need you to come with me, Kitestar and Moonshine wants to talk with you." Slumberfur explained, ignoring Jinx's complaint. "And don't ask why, because I don't know either." 
Slumberfur trusted his leader, but he had hard time understanding what she wanted with this plump and lazy kittypet.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly blinked and flicked her ear, narrowing her eyes at the cat's request. What kind of silly names were 'Kitestar' and 'Moonshine'?

"They want to talk to me?" she asked, then stretched out her front paws. Slumberfur could likely see how soft they were. "Then why didn't they come here instead of sending you to get me?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Because unlike you, they have responsibilities, them being leader and medicine cat." "But I don't expect you to understand" Slumberfur said rather dismissively. "Since you have trouble with understanding territories too." He scanned Jinx with his gaze, silently judging her. "Unfit to do anything else than sleep, from paws to tip of the tail"

Even though Slumberfur used to be kittypet too, in the 12 moons he had been in the clan, his dislike towards kittypets and their lifestyle had become the same level, if not stronger than every other clan's cat. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"You're right," Jinx admitted, then added with a flick of her tail, "I don't understand. All you skinny forest cats living out there, having to fight for your food when those dumb humans can just give you it, no effort required." She purred, giving her soft paw a lick and running it behind her ear.

"However," she went on, "you're lucky, I just so happen to be curious about that forest you live in. Was thinking of paying it a little visit later today, in fact."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Not every cat like to be worthless." Slumberfur commented "But enough of that, let's go." He padded few steps forward but stopped and looked at Jinx, "Also stay close, and do not hunt." "If you get into trouble with the other clans, that's all you, I'm not going to help you" He then continued slowly, making sure that Jinx followed. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

"Not every cat like to be worthless." Slumberfur commented "But enough of that, let's go." He padded few steps forward but stopped and looked at Jinx, "Also stay close, and do not hunt." "If you get into trouble with the other clans, that's all you, I'm not going to help you" He then continued slowly, making sure that Jinx followed. 

"Moody today, aren't we?" Jinx commented, purring as she took her time getting onto all fours and stretching her soft legs back out once more. "Alright, I'm coming."

She padded after the warrior at her own pace, keeping her head high and her front legs raised in her strut.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't reply, he only kept moving forward, adjusting his speed so Jinx wouldn't fall too much behind.

When the two cats arrived to the bank of the lake just outside the Riverclan's border, Slumberfur stopped. "Stay close to the water, closer, the better." "This is Riverclan's territory" He then proceeded over the border to the Riverclan's territory, moving as close to the water as he could without getting wet or risking to fall in. 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

Slumberfur didn't reply, he only kept moving forward, adjusting his speed so Jinx wouldn't fall too much behind.

When the two cats arrived to the bank of the lake just outside the Riverclan's border, Slumberfur stopped. "Stay close to the water, closer, the better." "This is Riverclan's territory" He then proceeded over the border to the Riverclan's territory, moving as close to the water as he could without getting wet or risking to fall in. 

Jinx, however, was not so fussed about being too close to the water. She regularly came to the riverbank to catch fish for herself during the night.

"I suppose we're in too much of a hurry for a swim," she lamented, the tip of her tail slipping along the water.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur was slightly surprised "Didn't think that, cat like you, would enjoy swimming." "And no, we don't have time for swim, especially not in another clan's territory."
As they continued through the Riverclan's territory, suddenly from deeper in the territory, someone sounded alarm, but was cut short. "That didn't sound good" Slumberfur had now slight concern in his voice. "We should speed up." "If you are willing."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I enjoy a little dip now and then," Jinx purred, possibly implying she tended to swim in the river, "usually on hotter days, you know."

Her ears pricked up as she heard the alarm, looking mildly alert. "Oh I'm sure that was for someone else. I hear a lot about you cats and your fighting each other... honestly, makes no sense to me."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"It's not the alarm I'm worried about, I'm worried about the sudden stop." "It wouldn't end like that, even if it was false alarm." Slumberfur explained "And yes, clans fight now and then, but if there was a fight going on, we would hear it." "So my guess is that whoever it was we heard, was attacked by few cats at max, or something like a fox." "But nonetheless, I'm not interested in meeting the attacker, or attackers."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Neither am I," Jinx agreed, but still maintained her casual pace as she plodded behind Slumberfur. "It just makes me wonder why you all stay out here if it means risking your life every day."

She carried on nonetheless, interested to see where she was being taken. 

• Brohoof 1

"The risk of actually losing your life is not that big, there just is bad times now and then." "Even your twolegs could suddenly someday choose to get rid of you, ever thought about that?"  Slumberfur explained. "But anyway, I really can't explain it to you, but I understand where you're coming from." "I only expect you to respect our ways enough to not to cause too much trouble." 

• Brohoof 1