Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Slumberfur doubted the easiness of Jinx's catch but kept his doubts hidden, "Two successful hunts in a row, not bad for almost untrained kittypet" He wanted to point out that bird that didn't try to escape wasn't really anything to brag about since it didn't differ from catching a leaf or something else that didn't move, but he stayed quiet about it, letting Jinx to have her moment of pride.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx purred and sat down, sticking out her soft chest proudly. She was almost smiling with how confident she was in her abilities, which compared to Slumberfur she had a staggering lack of.

"I just have natural skill," she boasted, swaying her tail as she groomed herself.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx glanced toward him, swaying her tail. "I suppose it makes sense. You'd have to be related to me to have the natural skill that I have."

She purred and rubbed her paw behind her ear, completely oblivious to the irony in what she just said.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur shook his head slowly, that answer didn't make any sense, "Considering that you are younger than me, I was first with the skill, thus making you the one who has my skill and not vice versa." he then added with little bit of boasting in his voice "Besides, I was already almost a full warrior at your age." Slumberfur understood fully that it wasn't really a good point since he had been about 5 moons in the clan already when he was as old as he assumed Jinx to be, but he also figured that it didn't matter, since Jinx's pride would get a hit regardless.  

• Brohoof 1

Jinx snorted and flicked her tail, her pride indeed taking a hit. She narrowed her eyes at Slumberfur. "You are not that much older than me."

She went back to licking her paw. "Besides, you look almost skin and bones from living out here."

• Brohoof 1

"And yet your skills are like kit's compared to me." Slumberfur pointed out, his own pride starting to rise up, it had been a while he had been able to boast about anything. But that didn't last long, because after few moments, a familiar scent of death started raising up and familiar meow was heard from....somewhere, "How amusing."

• Brohoof 1

"I bet I was better than you on your first time," Jinx mewed, her pride rising up further. Before she could bring up another comment, her ear flicked, and she took in the strange, stale scent. She faintly recognised it.

"I see you still haven't washed," she commented dryly.

Slumberfur hissed when he heard the familiar meow, trying to locate the cat to no avail, it was like the scent and sound were coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. The cat continued, ignoring both Jinx's and Slumberfur's reactions, "And I was almost worried you two would be a problem." "You made a mistake by staying here, and I don't think other clans will let you through their territories anymore" "What.." "My part is done here soon, the second will come. The warrior code will crumble, and blood will flow." "Better learn how to fight kittypets." Then, the scent of death started fading away, disappearing like it was never there. 

• Brohoof 1

Unlike Slumberfur, Jinx wasn't that intimidated by the strange cat's threat. She swayed her tail, seeming almost amused by the whole thing.

"Well, someone has a flare for the dramatic," she commented, licking her paw. "Honestly, does he really think he's being scary?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur ignored Jinx's question and meowed, "I have to report this to Kitestar, it may take a while so I won't necessary be back until late in the night." "So have a good night and don't do anything stupid" He then padded away, not really giving Jinx time to reply.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx huffed at Slumberfur's rudeness, turning and flicking her tail in his direction before pushing into the twoleg nest.

"I'm not the one he should worry about doing something stupid," she murmured to herself, flopping down on the blankets and stretching out her paws. She was definitely in need of a good rest after all her 'work' today.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur's night went peacefully, after reporting to Kitestar and taking his part to the vigil, he wandered around the territory, but didn't find traces of the mysterious cat or new bodies. Finally in some point of nigh, Slumberfur got tired and he made his way to the temporary den he had made and fell asleep. He didn't see any special dreams, he did dream about the mysterious cat, but it was only general dream that didn't mean anything. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx also had a good sleep, spending the whole night resting off the 'busy' day she had. She couldn't wait till she was able to go home, before her humans started getting ideas.

Or, what was it Slumberfur called them? Twolegs? Silly.

She didn't have any strange dreams that night, she just slept until late in the morning.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur yawned and stretched when he woke up, it was clear morning and there was no alarms, at least not yet, he hoped it stayed that way. After waking himself up, Slumberfur was going to go hunt for himself, but he got interrupted by an apprentice who told him that Kitestar wanted him to come to Clan meeting with everyone else, and thus, he ran to the camp with the apprentice. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx awoke not long after, yawning and stretching out her legs. After taking her time to groom herself, she padded outside, a little surprised to see Slumberfur wasn't around.

A little bored, she decided to pad toward the camp at her own pace, remembering the way from when Slumberfur led her there. She figured since she was such a 'special guest' to them, she'd be allowed in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When Jinx was to arrive in a hearing distance from the camp, she could be able to hear heated discussion, and even though what was said couldn't be understood from that far, it was obvious that there was lot of anger included. There also was sudden scent of blood, coming from seemingly everywhere, then a strange cat jumped in front of Jinx, staring her right in the eyes.

The cat was light brown with spots, it had one blind eye, seemingly caused by a scar that went through it. It looked hostile, no, it didn't only look hostile, it was almost like it emitted hostility, like fire emits heat. It hissed "Wouldn't go there if I was you, can't you hear them kittypet, they are angry."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked hear ears up to try and listen closer to the conversation going on inside the camp, but all she could make out was angry meowing and hissing. Whatever was going on, it had to be big.

The sudden scent of blood got her attention, and she jumped slightly when the strange cat emerged before her. At its warning, she scoffed. "Well they don't exactly sound too pleased, do they?"

She couldn't help but feel intimidated by how... absolutely hostile the cat felt, and edged closer toward the camp entrance in hopes of getting away from it.

• Brohoof 1

"It's not me you should worry about kittypet." "It's the other cats you should be afraid of." The strange cat hissed, then adding with insulting tone, "Though, I don't expect you to understand, you seem to be stupid, even for a kittypet." It then walked behind a tree, and just disappeared along with the scent. A moment after the cat left, the discussion in the camp also calmed down, and it took only few moments until Slumberfur walked out of the camp and saw Jinx. "I would ask what are you doing here, but there's bigger things to worry about, and at least one of them concerns you too."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx rolled her eyes at the cat's insult, and lashed her tail as it vanished behind a tree.

She turned around and saw Slumberfur emerging. "I'll save you the trouble of asking, and tell you that I was curious that you weren't around when I woke up. Plus I was bored and overheard angry hissing from in there."

Though she was slightly surprised by his second point. "So what does your Clan want me to do this time?"

(edited)

"The problem isn't that we want you to do something, it's what other clans don't want you to do." "From last border-patrols' reports can be gathered that Shadowclan and Windclan have strengthened their patrols, and they are ready to violently chase any cat from their territory back where they came from." Slumberfur explained, ignoring Jinx's answer to question he didn't ask, "This of course will be discussed in the gathering next night, but if that really is the case, that would mean that you are stuck here for a while."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx tutted and rolled her eyes. "I'm really starting to miss my own bed, so you're asking a lot of me here. I expect to be repaid for doing all this for you." She huffed, flicking her tail and raising her chin.

She tilted her head at his next comment. "Gathering?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Just to make clear, we are not asking you anything." "You are, like you always have been, free to leave any time you want, but we have no control over other clans, and if their threats hold, you will be shred to pieces the moment you leave our territory." Slumberfur explained "Not that we necessary care, but I just figured you like to keep your fur on." He continued, not really giving Jinx time to respond "And Gathering, simply put it's peaceful meeting between all four clans, that is hold every full moon. But you don't need worry about it, since neither of us is going there."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears laid back in annoyance. Clearly they were as thrilled for her to be here as she was. "How nice of you to be concerned for your relative," she snarked.

She licked her paw as she listened to his explanation. "Oh lucky us, I figured I'd be going since I'm apparently so important to whatever it is you want. What are we to do then?"

• Brohoof 1