Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, my humans are not always around," Jinx mewed defensively, lowering her ears. "So someone has to guard the house when they're not around."

She idly groomed herself. "Maybe I'm not as ready to fight as I used to be, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to defend myself."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ear flicked, trying not to show any fear. She hadn't expected to actually have to fight, especially since she was sure she had convinced him with that story of hers.

"Um, well, like I said, it's been a while since I had to..."

• Brohoof 1

"What?!" Jinx hissed, lashing her tail at the warrior. "I am not scared of anything! I just... haven't eaten yet. So I probably won't be as good a fighter as usual."

She flicked her ear. "Besides, what will you prove fighting me?"

• Brohoof 1

"Then hunt and eat, not that it should matter since I haven't eaten either." "Why don't you just admit that you know that you don't have a chance against me, or dogs, or anything in that matter." Slumberfur meowed, obviously trying to annoy Jinx a little, it had been a while since his last play fight, "And what will I prove? I don't know, that you can't defend yourself." 

• Brohoof 1

"You don't know that," Jinx hissed, lashing her tail as her anger, and hunger, kept growing. "We have never seen each other fight before, so you can't tell me how good I am without seeing it."

She lapped at her paw. "And besides, the fact that I am still alive even with no humans around must mean something."

• Brohoof 1

"And again we face the question, why not show me? To prove me wrong." Slumbefur pointed out, "And not really, only thing it means is that you are wrong about the danger." "You do understand that you are surrounded by huge amount of cats who has never needed a twoleg, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"Who said I needed humans?" Jinx pointed out, glancing around. "I just prefer to have them around. Why do work myself when I can get mindless humans to do the work for me, right?"

She lapped at her chest fur. "And like I said, I prefer to fight after eating."

• Brohoof 1

"Considering that you said that you are alive even with no twolegs around, and that it should mean something, it sure sounds like you need them" Slumberfur pointed out again "And if you want to eat, why aren't you hunting already?" "Or is it not as easy as you said?"

• Brohoof 1

"That makes no sense, I'm alive with no humans around so I don't need them," Jinx pointed out, lashing her tail. "And I want to go hunting but you insist on carrying on with this!"

It was clear Slumberfur was getting under her fur.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"It does make sense, you don't just understand." "Saying that you said something that sounded like you need twolegs, isn't the same as saying that you actually need them." Slumberfur pointed out yet again "And I'm not standing in your way am I, you could just walk away to hunt."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx huffed and flicked her tail at Slumberfur before plodding off toward the trees. "Fine, I am not in the mood to argue any further about this anyway. I need something to eat."

She sighed and looked around, lowering her haughtiness once she was sure she was out of sight. "How am I going to get home...?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't go for a hunt, he had lied to Jinx by saying he hadn't eaten, because he had eaten, and well, just before the clan meeting had started. And also, because of the lack of action that was watching over Jinx, he could manage with lot less food than usual. He laid down and started thinking, he first thought about the new mysterious cat that Jinx had told about, but then ended up feeling slightly bad, had he annoyed Jinx little too much? 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx prowled around quietly for something to eat, soon picking up the scent of a mouse. She tracked it and performed a clumsy pounce, just barely catching it by the tail with her paw.

As she ate it, she felt herself calm down slightly, now that she had eaten something, but she still waned to go home. But those other cats were apparently so hostile...

She hissed in annoyance. It didn't help that Slumberfur, who claimed to be related to her, spent the entire morning insulting her for living a life she didn't choose.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur was still laying down, thinking about generally everything, but he was trying to decide if he should apologize to Jinx or not, because in one paw, she was a kittypet, and annoying, but in another, she was his sister, and she had been brought to unknown place for something she didn't believe in.

Slumberfur also recognized that, part of why he was so mean to Jinx was because he liked the feeling of being better than her, he hadn't really had that possibility with his clanmates and he knew he never would, because he was always less than them, only because what he used to be. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx finished her mouse and stretched out her limbs. She wasn't really looking forward to going back to Slumberfur, mainly because she expected him to insult her some more and she didn't feel like hearing it.

Instead she started padding around, exploring the territory. Hopefully that weird cat wouldn't show up again...

• Brohoof 1

After a while, Slumberfur started wondering what took Jinx so long, he knew that even the worst of the hunters would have been back in this point, so, because of both his orders, and the fact that he slightly cared about Jinx, he started following her scent to see if he could find her taking a nap or something. He followed the scent to where Jinx had killed and eaten the mouse, but lost it there because wind had started to blow, making it harder to follow scent older than few seconds.

But he could smell something else, he recognized a scent under the scent of Thunderclan border, a cat was just outside their border, the one border that Thunderclan didn't share with any clan (the north border), he started quickly padding towards the border, what was she doing here.

• Brohoof 1

Coincidentally, though Slumberfur couldn't see her yet, Jinx was wandering toward the north border herself. She also had the scent of the strange cat in her system, but since she was unfamiliar with the scents of the territory, she just thought nothing of it.

Though, she was beginning to wonder what Slumberfur could possibly think of her. Did he care about her at all? And why did she care? She didn't know why she cared, but somehow, at least a little, she did.

• Brohoof 1

When Slumberfur arrived to the border, he didn't stop, but instead walked few fox lengths outside the border, making sure he wasn't directly visible from his territory, and then he meowed, seemingly to no one, but it was clear it was meant to the cat who's scent could be sensed "What is it?" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was still wandering around near the edge of the border, but couldn't see Slumberfur yet. She wondered where she was, and hoped she was somewhere near her house.

Then she realised the lack of rivers and lashed her tail irritably, so she figured she may as well follow that weird scent and see where it led...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The unknown cat had now revealed itself and was looking at Slumberfur, looking slightly sad. It was an orange she-cat with pattern that looked like flames on her fur, "I had to move them out from our territory, I had to give them to that loner." "My clan is going crazy, I fear they would want to get rid of them, if I didn't take them somewhere safe"

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx had approached the two cats, and ducked behind a bush, hoping she hadn't been seen.

That was indeed Slumberfur, but the other cat was a new one. She didn't look too happy, but for once not in an angry way.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur meowed with his usual tone, but he seemed like he was longing for something, "Thank you for telling me, though you know you didn't need to." Both Slumberfur and the orange she-cat seemed to avoid each other's eyes, always looking next to each other rather than at each other. "I still think you should meet them, especially now that they won't be part of the Riverclan." "They deserve it, we can't punish them from something we did." Slumberfur stayed quiet, turning his eyes towards th eground. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx listened to the exchange, and tilted her head curiously. Who were they talking about, and what did those two do? Better yet, why were they acting like they knew each other?

She crept up closer, to see if she could get a better look at the newcomer. She wasn't a stealth expert, but she was at least trying to stay out of sight...

• Brohoof 1