Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx tilted her head. She did indeed not understand why this was a problem. "What does it matter? They will be forest cats either way, yes?"

She flicked her tail slowly. "Plus, if you have to keep it hidden, just lie. It's not like anyone can prove you're the father."

• Brohoof 1

"It matters because other clans are not friends, and we may end up fighting each other at any time." "And can you imagine any cat wanting to fight their own kits?" Slumberfur pointed out "And since you don't like getting insulted, imagine getting insulted for something you can't control for rest of your life." "Half-bloods are highly disliked, especially if one half is 'weak' kittypet blood" His tone made it clear that the 'weak' wasn't an insult, but more like a quote. "And our clan is the most accepting one, in the other clans it would be even worse."

"And lie? why to lie when you can just keep it secret, so there's no reason to lie."

• Brohoof 1

"It seems to me that all I've been doing since I came here is be insulted for something I can't control," Jinx commented, her tone making it less like she was offended and more that she was stating a fact.

She tilted her head. "This is something I don't understand--why are you not friends? You're all cats, you all have the same enemies, you all live in the same forest. All these 'Clans' and 'territories' just seems a bit pointless."

She glanced aside, flicking her tail. "But, who am I to decide how you live your life?"

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't exactly true that Jinx had no control over her being kittypet, but Slumberfur didn't mention it, instead he pointed out something else "If we were all friends, why you think we would have four clans instead of just one?" "Every clan has their own view on things, and every clan is physically different." "Only thing common is that we are indeed all cats, and the fact that we follow The Warrior code." "There always has been four clans, and there always will be."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx raised her chin for a moment, before starting to nonchalantly clean her fur. "If that is what you think then. I still don't think it makes much sense."

She looked up at him. "So what if you have different fur? You're still cats, yes?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur took a long breath before he started explaining, "Riverclan cats are sleek, and they keep their fur well-groomed. They eat mostly fish, and they are only ones crazy enough to like swimming." "Shadowclan cats are proud and arrogant, they eat frogs and lizards, and they love to sneak around." "We are peaceful clan, we try to solve things peacefully and we take kittypets and loners among our ranks now and then." "But we are also brave and powerful if we need to fight, and if legends are to be believed, we have saved the three other clans several times." "And lastly, Windclan." "They love open fields, those maniacs don't even use dens, they sleep without shelter." "They are fastest from all the clans, but they are not too strong."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx looked rather disgusted at the description of ShadowClan. "Frogs and lizards? Honestly!" she hissed, lashing her tail.

While she did enjoy the idea of RiverClan enjoying fish, her favourite food, the one she was staying with did certainly seem to be the most friendly. "I suppose you do sound like the least rude of the bunch, if you take in outsiders."

• Brohoof 1

"I never claimed we are never rude, though it's not like you have been the nicest cat out there either." Slumberfur pointed out, "But consider that both Riverclan and Shadowclan chased me aggressively away, while Thunderclan welcomed me in without me even asking them to." "And there's even one cat who was in Shadowclan before joining us." he then looked thoughtful for a moment before sighing "I'm sorry I kept annoying you earlier...." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up upon hearing Slumberfur's apology. She hadn't been expecting to hear one from anyone out here, not even him.

"Yes, well," she murmured, "I suppose I haven't been the most patient, so I'm sorry too." she said quietly.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur acknowledged Jinx's apology, but he continued his own "I shouldn't have purposely annoyed you only because you're lazier, less skilled and more arrogant." he sounded like he really meant his apology "I just, it's been a long time since I have been able to feel superior in any way to someone." he sighed again "I know what it sounds like, but when you're kittypet in a clan, you're always inferior compared to others of your rank."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail, not really liking how double-edged Slumberfur's apology sounded, but she chose not to make a scene of it. "Yes well, you've all been doing a good job of trying to sound superior to me."

She licked at her paw nonchalantly. "Though I suppose I can understand."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't take it personally, no kittypet gets treated here any better, though there is a legend about a kittypet who became the leader of the Thunderclan, but that's just that, a legend." Slumberfur mentioned "I just wish we could get along, at least as long as we have to."

Scent of blood appeared around the two cats, and a hostile light brown cat walked from behind a tree, Slumberfur recognized the cat from his dream, it hissed "How interesting, a worthless kittypet has tainted the clan blood." "Too bad we didn't know this earlier, my friend could have killed them." the cat didn't seem to pay any attention to Jinx, and it was obvious that the goal was to anger Slumberfur, and it was working "Well, it doesn't matter, slow death fits them better anyway." The cat didn't get to continue, because Slumberfur charged at it.

Slumberfur's attack was more successful than it had been with the dark cat, and the two cats were now rolling around as angry ball of fur. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's nose scrunched up at the scent of blood, not enjoying it. She turned to see a cat approaching, and blinked as she began to think intently. Did that cat seem familiar...?

Before she could go further, she was taken by surprise by Slumberfur tackling the cat, and she watched helplessly as the two thrashed around. "Um, should I do something or...?"

• Brohoof 1

Though Slumberfur's attack was successful, the light brown cat surpassed Slumberfur's fighting skills, and it didn't take long until Slumberfur was thrown away from top of it, and left to stand panting, looking even more angry than before, but also.....slightly humiliated. It could be seen that Slumberfur didn't seem to have any injuries from the fight, and he didn't, because the brown cat had kept its claws inside the whole fight, but luckily there was no cat besides Jinx seeing it, so the humiliation wasn't as bad as it could be, considering he didn't need tell anyone about it.

The brown cat looked at Jinx now, it was the same cat that had visited Jinx at the Camp, but there was another detail that stuck out, it seemed that Slumberfur had gotten a pretty good hit on the side of the cat, but though the wound was looking rather nasty, there was no single drop of blood anywhere, not even in the wound. Slumberfur naturally attacked again, but this time the cat blocked it and proceed to hold Slumberfur against the ground with its paw like he was just a kit.

The cat hissed, but somehow managed to sound amused as it looked at Jinx "Your brother is rather laughable isn't he." It then turned towards Slumberfur who was struggling under its paw, Slumberfur couldn't understand how this cat was so strong that it held him in place with one paw "Though I have to say I'm surprised, we might have underestimated you."

Then the then cat let Slumberfur go, and just padded behind a tree, disappearing as quickly as it had appeared, taking the scent of blood with it. At this point, Slumberfur looked utterly humiliated, obviously not happy about what had happened. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx watched the fight, catching herself hoping Slumberfur would be alright. Though she supposed it made sense now, knowing they were related. She flicked her tail and raised her chin. "I personally wouldn't call a wound like that laughable."

When the cat disappeared, she padded over to her brother. "You don't look injured at least."

• Brohoof 1

"Of course there's no injuries" "That cat never unsheathed its claws, it was playing with me, purposely humiliating me." Slumberfur muttered, it was clear that the cat had been successful with that, he then turned towards Jinx "Don't tell about this to anyone."

• Brohoof 1

"Was just trying to be nice," Jinx muttered, rolling her eyes and glancing aside. She did feel true concern for him for a moment.

She looked aside at him again. "I can't think of anyone I would tell if I wanted to anyway."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur sighed, "Sorry, that cat got under my skin." he started padding away, "Let's go back to our territory before someone notices our absence." he then meowed sounding thoughtful "But for something positive, this confirms my suspicions."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx, having no better ideas than that, decided to walk after Slumberfur back to the territory.

"Your suspicions?" she repeated, slowly padding up to his side. "Something to do with those weird cats showing up?"

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly." Slumberfur meowed "I knew it wasn't a coincidence I saw the four cats in my dream." "I may even know where they are from, and Kitestar and Moonshine agree that it's a possibility" "Though, few questions remains, who are they, and why and how are they here?" "When the next one comes?" "And how can we stop them." Slumberfur wasn't necessary talking to Jinx, it was more like thinking out loud, but it was easily loud enough to be heard by Jinx.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx padded alongside Slumberfur and listened to his muttering, feeling rather curious herself. It was interesting how the cats seemed to be targeting them.

"You would think your leader would be who they were after," she added, "but they're coming after us instead."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes and no" Slumberfur meowed "Though leader is important part of the clan, taking them down isn't that easy." "They have more lives than others, 9 if they haven't lost any, and if leader loses their last life, deputy takes their place." "Losing a medicine cat would be worse." he continued quickly, not letting Jinx to cut in "But I think they're not after us, after all, there's plenty of evidence that we would be already dead if that was their goal." "I think they are watching us, making sure we don't cause problems to them." "It seems to have something to do with we having only kittypet blood, why else would they focus on that one fact so much."

• Brohoof 1

"Ugh," Jinx hissed, lashing her tail. "Why am I being targeted just for not being born in this forest? I didn't ask to be dragged out here, and it's not like any of those other ones will let me leave!"

THen something Slumberfur said caught on with her, and she turned to look at him. "Wait, did you say your leader has nine lives? As in, if she dies she'll just come back to life?"

• Brohoof 1

"I would guess because if you were born in this forest, you would be already dead." "That's how it looks to me, there is no other explanation why they don't just deal with us, and I rather get stalked than killed."

Slumberfur nodded "She had, she has lost one so she has now eight, but every leader gets nine lives from Starclan on their designation." "And yes, it means exactly that, their bodies heal to certain extend and they wake up." "Though they are weak for a short while after that." "And severe enough injury could take more than one life."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and shook her head. "I suppose that's true. But I'd prefer to have the ability to go home without your 'friends' attempting to kill me if I try."

She stared at Slumberfur as he explained how leaders worked, and blinked slowly. "Yeah, um, forgive me if I say this is something I need to see for myself before I believe it."

• Brohoof 1