Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Well, I can't do anything about that, so you just have to tolerate it."

"I don't blame you" Slumberfur meowed "I didn't believe it either until I saw it happening." "There's a lot what Kittypets don't know." He then thought for a moment, Jinx didn't believe in Starclan, thus she didn't believe in dark forest either, how would she explain the cats, "Speaking of Starclan, How would you explain the bloodless wound, and the two cats appearing and disappearing, accompanied by strong scent that disappears just as quickly?."

• Brohoof 1

"Believe me," Jinx muttered, "I'm trying to."

She tilted her head, pricking her ears as she mulled that over. She'd never thought about it before, but that was a good question. "It's certainly not normal, I know that much. Maybe they're from a StarClan for bad cats?" She added with some amusement in her voice.

• Brohoof 1

"Ah, so you were just trying to squeeze some more amusement out of me?" Jinx assumed, raising her chin and looking aside indignantly.

She then realised something he'd said, and turned to look at him. "Dark Forest? So there is a place for those bad cats of yours?"

• Brohoof 1

"No, I was truly interested if you had come up with any explanation." Slumberfur meowed "You could have made some good points or given me ideas." 

"Bad is understatement, it's filled with ruthless killers." "The Place of no stars, also known as Dark Forest, contains cats that have done things you wouldn't imagine anyone could do."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail and looked back at Slumberfur. "Well, did I?"

She tried to think what a cat could do that was so bad they'd end up in such a place. She never really dealt with anything worse than sneaking into her garden. "You're right though, I can't imagine how bad they are."

• Brohoof 1

"You pointed out the obvious and joked about Dark forest, so no." Slumberfur pointed out

"I spare you from the details, because we don't have time for stories, but let's just say that the two cats here are nice compared to most of the cats in the Dark forest." They were now back in the Thunderclan territory. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx glared at Slumberfur, lowering her ears. "Let me have this, won't you," she snarked.

She padded alongside him, rolling her eyes. "If you're sure then. I shall remain in the dark about everything as you prefer."

• Brohoof 1

"Do you really need to know how many cats a deceased Shadowclan leader has killed to understand that cats who are facing now is bad news?" Slumberfur meowed "And besides, what point there would be to tell you about our history if you don't believe in the most important part of being a clan cat." Slumberfur was getting annoyed again, but it was mostly because he was feeling hungry, he would need to hunt when they got back to the twoleg den.

• Brohoof 1

"I never said I didn't believe it," Jinx countered, raising her chin proudly as she tried to regain the high ground, "I said I'd believe it when I see it."

She glanced at him. "You practically grew up with all this, I only arrived yesterday. I think it makes sense that it's difficult to take all this in."

• Brohoof 1

"But the thing is, it's not something one can just show to another." "Sure there is small things like Starclan covering the moon with clouds to end the gathering if there's too much fighting, but Starclan itself only chooses who can see them and who doesn't" Slumberfur meowed, it was true that Jinx had been there only two nights, third one closing in soon, but he still didn't see the point in telling Jinx the stories about the worst of the worst, he wasn't an elder. "And usually only ones to see them directly are the leader and the medicine cat, and never have I heard that a kittypet would have met with Starclan directly, and trust me, I have heard lot of stories."

He sighed, "Ultimately my point is, you don't need to know what cats that are not related to this have done." "Only thing you need to understand is that these two cats we have seen, are not normal cats, and if my suspicions are right, it goes only worse from here." He then muttered to himself "And Starclan help us if that's the case"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx decided not to question the logic of only specific cats able to speak to this StarClan--she supposed it made some sense in some way.

"Yes, they definitely don't seem normal," she agreed, flicking her tail uncomfortably. "Should we let anyone know this is all happening? Your leader maybe?"

• Brohoof 1

"I will report to Kitestar after we have eaten something, but from her request we shouldn't tell anyone else, she handles that." Slumberfur meowed, though it seemed that only he and Jinx were able to do anything against the cats ,since they seemed to be only ones who they showed themselves to, it was still important to keep Kitestar informed, and besides, he didn't want to hide anything from his leader. "She and Moonshine are more likely to come up with solution, after all, they know lot of things I don't." "And they have Starclan to guide them directly"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't see a bad side to only letting the leader know about what was happening. That made sense. Though, she was somewhat curious about this StarClan he kept going on about.

"So how do they only speak to two cats? They their favourites?"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know" Slumberfur admitted "It may be because they are closest to them." "Leaders getting the nine lives from them, and medicine cats generally working closely with them." "It's something that has always been so, no one has ever questioned it." "And even the leader gets only very rarely to talk with them directly, Medicine cats are the ones who usually talk to them, it's usually emergency if leaders hear from them." "That's why it's medicine cats who meet at the Moonpool every half-moon"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx listened quietly as Slumberfur explained. In some strange way, all of this was starting to make some kind of sense to her.

She tilted her head and looked at him upon his mentioning the last part. "What's a Moonpool?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I don't know the details since I'm not a medicine cat." Slumberfur meowed "But it's a stone hollow with a pool of water, which can be used to contact Starclan." "Every clan's medicine cats gather there every half moon to meet with the Starclan." "That's really all I know, besides the location of course, but that isn't important." They now arrived back to the twoleg nest. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx sat down next to the twoleg nest, having listened to Slumberfur's explanation, and flicked her ears slightly. "So you all do have ways of getting along? Since you mentioned every clan's medicine cat goes there."

"I mean, you all must have gotten along at some point?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, yes and no" Slumberfur meowed "Sure there is times where clans get....mostly along, but that's nothing to do with medicine cats." "You see, medicine cats are special, they are not allowed to have a mate or kits." "And they don't take part in clan hostilities, and attacking a medicine cat, it's like attacking Starclan itself." "So medicine cats aren't enemies to each other, even if all four clans are in war."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx nodded slowly, starting to understand all this. It was beginning to make some kind of weird sense to her now.

"So they can't fight or be attacked, but they can't mate either?" she summarised. "That's rough, but I suppose it's a fair trade. Why can't they have kits though? Does something happen to them?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur shrugged "No idea, it's one of those things that nobody questions." "There has been medicine cats with kits, and nothing more than possibly losing the medicine cat status has happened." "But my guess would be it's something to do with attachment,  having kits or mate could cause medicine cat to prioritize them rather than the cat who needs most help."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx nodded slowly. "I suppose that makes sense, kits do need attention from what I've been told."

She tilted her head. "But don't your Clans have kits anyway? Medicine cats would be taking care of them either way, so what does it matter if some kits happen to be theirs?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Kits are taken care by Queens, and cat becomes Queen when she starts expecting kits, and is Queen until the kits reach the age of six moons and become apprentices." "And there is few cats who have stayed as Queens to help to take care of the kits." Slumberfur explained "Medicine cat only helps with the birth and in case of illness or injury." He was getting rather hungry, so he wasn't going to answer to many more questions

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I meant kits can get sick too," Jinx pointed out, swaying her tail. "That's all I'm saying."

She glanced around at the clearing, and stretched out slowly while letting out a leisurely yawn. "When is food coming? I'm starving."

• Brohoof 1