Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"I suppose," Jinx admitted with a shrug, then added, "but does it matter? Both kits will be helped anyway."

She huffed and stood back up, lowering her ears. She hated that part. "Fine, fine..." she hissed as she padded off to find something preferrably slow and easy to catch.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't waste any time, and started hunting right away when he found a good place. It took a short while, but he managed to find what he was looking for, a well-eaten squirrel, and hunted it down with no effort. After he had eaten, he laid down for a moment before going back to the twoleg nest. He sat down to wait Jinx. 

• Brohoof 1

Thankfully it didn't take too long for Jinx to find something--a bird was preening itself on the floor. She prowled after it, making her steps as light as possible. Granted, her lack of training and general lack of grace made the bird nearly escape, but she pounced it just in time.

When she was finished, she yawned and cleaned herself before plodding back toward the twoleg nest.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur used his time waiting by laying down and thinking, he should have went to report to Kitestar about the earlier, but he chose to wait until after the gathering, figuring that Kitestar didn't need any more worries just before the gathering. When Jinx appeared, Slumberfur asked, still laying down "Success?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly padded toward Slumberfur, licking her face in self-satisfaction. "Somewhat, I got myself a bird," she meowed.

She still preferred being in the comfort of her home being served food, but this would have to do for now.

She yawned and flopped down next to him. "Just eating is more trouble than it's worth out here."

• Brohoof 1

"Not usually." Slumberfur disagreed "If we were in the camp, you could just walk to the kill-pile and take what you want to eat." "There's patrols who take care of the hunting." Slumberfur was starting to enjoy this, it was nice to slack off from the warrior duties for a while, and with a permission no less. "But because we have to be here, you have to hunt your food yourself."

• Brohoof 1

"That's stupid," she huffed. "How come you get to have easy food while I have to work for it out here? While being kept away from my own home, no less."

She lashed her tail on the ground. "I'm practically being kept prisoner here!"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't run to the camp to eat you know, I'm hunting just like you." Slumberfur pointed out "Besides, hunting yourself gives you the possibility to choose what and when you eat." "In the camp there is only what patrols have hunted, and you have to wait your turn to eat" he looked up to the sky, the moon was already up, the gathering would be starting soon "And prisoner?" "You can leave anytime you want, just don't come to complain when other clans attack you, if you even can make it to complain."

• Brohoof 1

"That's exactly why I'm prisoner!" Jinx hissed, narrowing her eyes at him. "How would you like it if some strays tried to kill you if you tried to run back here from wherever they live, hm?"

It wasn't clear what she was more upset about; the fact the other Clans would kill her if she just tried to go home, or that Slumberfur didn't seem to care.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"That already happened." Slumberfur meowed nonchalantly "You think I just calmly walked here from the twolegplace before joining?" "There's a reason why I hate Shadowclan" "But regardless, there is no point to complain to us, we can't do anything about it."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"No, and I doubt you would if you could," Jinx hissed quietly, sounding rather bitter. Considering how she had been treated by everyone since she got there, she wouldn't be surprised if no one actually wanted to help her.

She lashed her tail on the ground. "Hmph."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe you're right, but can you really blame us?" Slumberfur meowed lazily "Would you leave your garden just to help a single cat who has no effect to your life?" "Although, this clan helped me, so there probably would be someone who would like to help." "If everyone wouldn't have lost their minds that is, I have never seen my clanmates this hostile."

• Brohoof 1

"I just wish I was at least able to walk home in peace without those other cats trying to kill me," Jinx sighed, lazily stretching herself out. "If you had to go away from here and cats tried to kill you for going home, you wouldn't be happy either. Besides, at least you have help."

• Brohoof 1

"I would like to tell you that they wouldn't actually kill you, since that's against the warrior code, but I'm not sure anymore." Slumberfur meowed, sounding surprisingly concerned "But you're right, I wouldn't be happy." He got up and stretched "But you don't hear me complaining about my kits being under the threat of being killed." "Because I know I can't do anything about it, and because world doesn't center around me."

• Brohoof 1

"When did this have anything to do with kits?" Jinx pointed out, lashing her tail. "Besides, I didn't just let myself in here. You told me to come here, and now I'll be killed if I try to go home?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, looking as if she had just put something together in her head.

"Now I see what's going on. This is some cruel feral cat trick, isn't it? You led me out of my home and fed me some star nonsense, and now I'm stuck here! You're all in on this!" She hissed. "That's why you won't explain anything to me--because it's not real, is it?!"

She lashed her tail and stomped toward the twoleg nest. "And you even had me believing we were related, too."

"When did this have anything to do with kits?" Jinx pointed out, lashing her tail. "Besides, I didn't just let myself in here. You told me to come here, and now I'll be killed if I try to go home?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, looking as if she had just put something together in her head.

"Now I see what's going on. This is some cruel feral cat trick, isn't it? You led me out of my home and fed me some star nonsense, and now I'm stuck here! You're all in on this!" She hissed. "That's why you won't explain anything to me--because it's not real, is it?!"

She lashed her tail and stomped toward the twoleg nest. "And you even had me believing we were related, too."

• Brohoof 1

"It was for example." "no... Hey! wait...." Slumberfur tried, but didn't continue, knowing there was no point, Jinx wouldn't listen, she was too stubborn. Slumberfur hissed, not to Jinx, or to himself, but out of frustration, nothing was going like he would have wanted. He started padding after Jinx, he didn't want to lose his sister, not now, but he was stopped by a sudden darkness that took over the forest, and when he looked up, the reason was clear.

The moon was covered by clouds, but  it was way too early for there to been a fight, Shadow- and Thunderclan probably hadn't even reached the island yet, or could it be that River- and Windclan had started fighting already. But that wasn't all, the clouds that were covering the moon, were not only thicker than usual, but they also seemed to be spreading through the sky, blocking not only the moon, but the stars as well. Slumberfur knew something wasn't right, but he couldn't think about it for long, because as the clouds covered more and more of the sky, Slumberfur started hearing familiar voices echoing in his ears.

"Storm is raising" "And you can't do anything about it" "You're alone." "And no cat wants to help you." "It would be good time to run." "Like the worthless creature you are." "To leave everything behind." "No cat would miss you." Slumberfur laid on to the ground, covering his ears with his paws, trying to silence the two cats, unsuccessfully.

Meanwhile, there was voices Jinx could hear too, it was two unknown cats, and it sounded like they were very close, but far away at the same time. "....Jinx" "It's hopeless, she can't hear us." "I told you it was a mistake to bring her to the clans, she only made things worse, now we are losing him too because of her." there was a disappointed sigh "Now we can only hope tha...." the voices went silent.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx halted when the voices spoke up from... somewhere? She couldn't pinpoint where they were coming from, almost like they were in her head.

"What-- who is--?" she stammered, but the voices went silent. "Hey!"

She turned around to try and find anyone, but only saw Slumberfur cowering on the ground. This took her by surprise--he was usually so confident as far as she knew, now he was doing what she'd been wanting to do for a while now.

She thought about how she'd yelled at him, and realised that if he wanted any harm to come to her, he would have done it himself. He definitely looked strong enough. Plus, he seemed to have some idea of what was going on.

She needed him, and she was close to admitting it.

With a sigh, she padded back over to him and laid in front of him, giving him a nudge. If he looked at her, he could see the fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for snapping," she murmured. "Everything's just happened so quickly and... now I'm hearing voices in my head. I think I'm losing it out here..."

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

When Jinx got close, she would be able to hear Slumberfur silently and continuously hissing "Shut up, Shut up" and when she nudged him, Slumberfur jumped a cat length backwards and stared at her, looking rather distressed. Slumberfur didn't really listen what Jinx said, because he was too busy to listen if the cats had finally stopped, and fortunately, they had, but he did get little bit from what she said. "Voices.......?" He sounded..distant, like his thoughts were somewhere else, and his ears were flat, like a kit's who just saw an angry dog.

If Jinx was to look at Slumberfur's ears, she would notice that the fur around them had little bit of red on them. Slumberfur had had his claws out while pressing his ears, and when he had pulled his paws away from his ears, he scratched himself.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Hey, were you even listeni--oh," Jinx began, but quickly saw saw the red glistening on Slumberfur's ears. "That looks painful. Maybe we should head to your camp and get that looked at?"

Then she blinked in surprise. Why was she suddenly feeling so compassionate? Just moments ago she thought Slumberfur had abducted her from her home for some amusement, and now she wanted to help him?

Then again, he looked just as confused and frightened as she felt. And he was her brother, as difficult as it was to take in.

Out of instinct, she padded closer to him and gave one of his ears a lick. The tang of blood made her scrunch up her face in disgust, but she thought the gesture might help.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur started collecting his thoughts again, he had been on the edge to do as the two cats had said, and just run away from the clans, but Jinx had came just in time to snap him out of it. He replied after a short moment of silence "No need.." and was cut short by Jinx's lick, feeling confused about her sudden mood change, he then looked towards the ground "I'm sorry..."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

If Slumberfur looked up at Jinx, he would see in her eyes that she was just as confused and scared as he was. She was being kept from going home by other cats, not him.

"Well," she began, quietly and awkwardly, "I wasn't being so nice to you, snapping at you and everything. You didn't deserve that."

She took a deep breath. "I'm... I'm sorry too," she murmured, like the words were foreign to her.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur sighed "I shouldn't dismiss your situation though." "I'm just frustrated about the whole situation, everyone is acting so weird."  He started cleaning up the scratches on his ears, "And in all honestly, if I could, I would help you to get back home." At this point the sky was filled with clouds, all light from the moon and the stars was blocked by said clouds, Slumberfur felt helpless, the two cat's words were haunting his thoughts, what if they were right, what if he really wasn't able to do anything, what two cats even could do?

• Brohoof 1

Jinx looked at her brother, feeling just as helpless as him. "I know... I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was just frustrated too. I have no idea what's going on either."

She looked up at the clouded sky, unaware of the meaning behind it, and then back to him. "You looked really freaked out just now, what happened?"

• Brohoof 1

For Slumberfur it was less about not knowing what was going on, since he had came up with some sort of explanation, but he was more bothered by why it happened and was wondering how to stop it, if it was possible to stop, but he didn't mention it. "It was...nothing, the two cats that have been bothering us just tried to get in my head." "They tried to make me leave." 

• Brohoof 1

"You heard voices too?" Jinx asked, sounding a little surprised. "So did I. They said I couldn't hear them and that I was... making things worse."

Her ears lowered. Why did she suddenly feel bad about making trouble for other cats? Maybe it was more making trouble for the one who turned out to be her brother...

• Brohoof 1