Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Why would I?" Slumberfur meowed "I'm still a clan cat, and even if I was forced to leave here, there's no way I would return to kittypet life." Not that he could have even if he would have wanted, which he didn't, twolegplace was still behind the other clans. He didn't want Jinx to leave, he didn't want to be left alone, but he didn't want to admit it, he tried to convince himself that he was fine, that he didn't need some kittypet to help him.

• Brohoof 1

"It'd be a lot safer than being out here," Jinx commented, swaying her tail. "I'm sure my humans wouldn't mind."

But his mind seemed to be made, and she flopped down behind him. "Well, what am I supposed to do to help you then?"

• Brohoof 1

"Safer maybe, but that's not worth of the lost freedom." Slumberfur pointed out.

"Since when have you wanted to help me?" Slumberfur yawned "I thought you just wanted home." The combination of fatigue and the poppy seeds made him very tired "But I don't know, can anyone really help." He yawned again "Maybe I should just give up."

• Brohoof 1

"I do," Jinx admitted nonchalantly, "but I suppose if I help you with whatever is going on here, then I can safely get home after whatever is happening is over."

She glanced aside, then added quietly, "That, and I'd feel bad leaving you alone right now..."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tutted and padded back toward her blanket. "Fine, fine. I'd rather put this day behind me anyway."

She yawned and stretched before squirming under the cloth, hoping to get a proper night's sleep. "Goodnight then..."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur just muttered something back, most likely something along the lines of 'goodnight'. Thanks to the poppy seeds, it didn't take him long to fall asleep, but it wasn't most restful sleep, though that was mostly due his injuries and the corner not being too comfortable place to sleep.

Slumberfur woke up around sunhigh, he stretched and got up, he hadn't seen any special dreams, just a basic nightmare. He looked up through the hole in the roof, sky was still cloudy, but the sunlight was bright enough to come through the thick layer of clouds. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flopped down on her own bed, sighing before curling up to get some sleep herself.

At around sunhigh, she was still fast asleep, looking rather comfortable. Clearly she had been sleeping well, and looked rather used to sleeping given how she had rolled into a leisurely position on her back.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur noticed that Jinx was still sleeping and didn't see a reason to wake her up, and he just padded out of the twoleg nest. He had decided to hunt for Jinx this time, but it wasn't out of kindness or anything, he just needed to get his mind out of everything that was happening, but he didn't hurry.

• Brohoof 1

A while after Slumberfur left, Jinx slowly awoke. She took her time stretching out and yawning lazily, having actually enjoyed her sleep for the first time being out here. She began to have a good feeling about that day.

She looked around and saw that Slumberfur was gone. Figuring he had run off or gone back to his camp, she decided to slowly pad outside. She sat down and started washing herself, before preparing to do this silly 'hunting' business she had to do out here.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur hunted for Jinx first and buried the bird before catching a squirrel for himself, he didn't really waste any time with eating it, and after a quick face-cleaning he dug out the bird and headed back to the twoleg nest. He was still feeling down, and he was seriously considering about giving up and going somewhere else, maybe even go live with his kits.  

• Brohoof 1

Jinx padded outside and let out another yawn, deciding she'd have to get this hunting over with. That was until she saw Slumberfur returning with a bird. Since he usually ate when he got it, she assumed it was for her.

"Finally, some proper respe--" she began out of instinct, but caught herself as she looked at her brother. "Um, I mean... thank you."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur dropped the bird in front of Jinx, "You're welcome, but remember that this is just a exception to the norm.", he then padded inside the twoleg nest sighing, his head and tail were downwards, it was clear that he wasn't feeling exactly happy. He went back to the corner where he had slept in and laid down, he wasn't tired, but what else was there to do?

• Brohoof 1

Jinx happily ate up the bird, taking note of how Slumberfur padded inside the nest. He seemed rather upset, and for some reason it made her feel bad. She wasn't used to feeling bad for another cat, but maybe it was because he was her brother?

With a sigh, she finished up and followed him inside, seeing him lay down in a corner. "You're not going to try going back to your home?"

• Brohoof 1

"Huff, I thought you forest cats were tougher," Jinx snarked, lashing her tail. "A few scary cats show up and suddenly everyone doesn't like you? Not only does that not make sense, you're not even going to defend yourself?"

• Brohoof 1

"What does make sense?" Slumberfur pointed out in the same tone as before "And defend myself?" "How exactly were you thinking I would do that? Everyone is beyond reasoning and fighting would be foolish." "Toughness doesn't mean unbeatable, and my skills are nothing compared to some of the older warriors."

• Brohoof 1

"Stand up for yourself!" Jinx hissed, padding up to him and lashing her tail. "At least have some pride! Find out why they distrust you so much, don't just take it without a fight!"

She stomped her paw on the floor. "I thought forest cats were meant to be tough and proud!"

• Brohoof 1

"I know exactly why." Slumberfur hissed quietly "I'm kittypet being friendly to another kittypet, and now that everybody hates everything else than themselves, it's only logical to hate me." He got up and looked at Jinx "And proud? Yes, clan cats are proud." "And that exact pride is what makes it impossible for me to do anything!" "They are too proud to admit they are wrong!"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx huffed and lashed her tail. "If they won't admit they are wrong, you will have to prove it to them. It's that simple."

She glanced toward the door. She did want to help him, to help him get home, plus it would help her get home too.

• Brohoof 1

"It's far from simple, I have been living with the clans for 12 moons, I know what I'm talking about." Slumberfur pointed out "If we want for this to end, we have to deal with the Dark Forest cats somehow." He gave Jinx a surprisingly challenging look "I'm open for suggestions."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, those clan cats don't like the... 'Dark Forest' cats either," Jinx pointed out, the name of the evil cats sounding strange on her tongue to her. "So who's to say we can't convince them that they're the enemy? You've been around for that long, you should have some sway."

She glanced aside. "Besides, I doubt that I am that big a problem to them."

• Brohoof 1

"They know that already." Slumberfur noted "I haven't been reporting for nothing." He looked frustrated "There is just this teeny tiny problem." "We are the only ones who have actually seen them." "All four clans have been hunting for dangerous outsiders since the first deaths, so telling them that there's dangerous outsiders doesn't really do anything, does it now?" He looked at the hole in the roof "And I should have some sway huh?" "Like you should be able to go home safely?" "Or like clancat should not kill?" "And how gathering last night should have been peaceful " He looked at Jinx "Are you getting my point?" "Lot of things should be in one way, but at the moment, what should be, isn't." 

• Brohoof 1

"Then make it what it should be," Jinx sighed, starting to get frustrated as well. "We have an idea of what they look like at least."

She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward at him. "We are not spending the rest of our lives hiding in this rotten old house!"

• Brohoof 1

"You're are saying what should be doing awfully lot" Slumberfur pointed out, narrowing his eyes "Yet you haven't said once what you are going to do." "You think I'm obligated to just help you because we are siblings, don't you?" His frustration suddenly turned into suspicion, he hissed, taking slow steps towards Jinx "You're just trying to use me to get home, aren't you?" "To run home unscratched while I risk my life."

If Jinx was to look up, she would be able to see the brown fight-scarred cat (War) sitting on a shelf behind Slumberfur, looking rather pleased.

• Brohoof 1