Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx narrowed her eyes and lashed her tail at Slumberfur's assumption, and was about to argue back when she spotted something moving behind her brother. One of those creepy evil cats was staring at them. As much as she wanted to win the argument, she didn't want to give that cat the pleasure of a show.

So instead, she tried to keep herself calm.

"I figured you'd know something that I could do," she mewed, her voice level. "You know all this 'clan' stuff better than me so I'd just be wandering around aimlessly and probably getting myself killed."

• Brohoof 1

"Yet you try to order me around like you know what you're doing." Slumberfur hissed, creeping closer, he didn't seem like he would listen to any reason, but there was a flash of panic in his eyes, like this wasn't what he wanted to do, he was like a mixture of hostility and fear. The dark forest cat seemed to get more and more pleased, but it seemed to be totally ignoring Jinx, it just kept its eyes on Slumberfur. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx rolled her eyes, but then noticed how hostile Slumberfur looked. She backed up as he got close, thinking he was truly going to attack her.

"W-well, your solution is to hide in a hole," she mewed, sounding much less confident. "If you don't do something, nothing will change...!"

If he came to his senses, he would likely see the fear growing in her eyes just from looking at him. Even she knew she couldn't take him in a fight.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't reply, he just kept closing in to Jinx, until he suddenly charged towards her, flinging his claws towards Jinx's throat, but stopping just before the lethal blow. The dark forest cat hissed in disappointment, before disappearing into the shadows, and Slumberfur looked shocked. He had stopped himself just in time, his claws were at Jinx's throat, so close that Jinx would easily be able to feel them.

Slumberfur backed up carefully, making sure he didn't accidentally scratch Jinx while pulling his claws in and taking his paw from her throat, after which he looked at Jinx with mixture of worry and confusion, before running off.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx had frozen with pure terror, feeling Slumberfur's cold claws pressed against her neck. No doubt that he could see the fear in her eyes.

She was lucky that whoever was watching them had made him come to his senses, and she scrambled back to her paws as soon as he got off her. She watched him run off, and all she could do was sit down on the floor and slouch from lack of energy. Her heart was still racing.

"I hate this place so much."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't stop before he had reached the lake, and when there, he started padding back and forth, his mind was a mess. He didn't know if he should have gone back and apologize to Jinx, or if he should as far away from her as possible in case he loses his mind like that again. No, it wasn't him, he wouldn't kill a cat, especially someone he cared for, even if he didn't want to admit he cared, he knew this had to be the brown cat's doings, he didn't know how, but he knew it had something to do with this. 

• Brohoof 1

Now that Jinx was starting to calm down, she started to think about what just happened. That brown cat was there, and Slumberfur was starting to act hostile and even violent...

Could it be that that cat had something to do with it?

She flicked her tail, recalling Slumberfur saying his clan was starting to act hostile to him, as well as the killing. Maybe that cat was messing with the forest cats out here?

That had to be it.

• Brohoof 1

Eventually Slumberfur stopped padding back and forth and just sat down, looking towards the lake, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do now. He saw only two options, to leave for good, or return to Jinx and try to come up with solution to the hopeless situation. Slumberfur didn't really like either of the options, he didn't want to leave, but he also felt that there was absolutely nothing that he could do, especially now that he was starting to lose himself too.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx rolled over onto her back, considering her options. She could attempt to run home on her own, but she didn't want to risk getting hurt by those violent cats. Plus, if this influence was spreading, how long till it came to her real home?

Besides, she felt bad leaving Slumberfur like this.

She rolled over and stood up, padding out of the nest, wondering where he could have gone. He couldn't go to his camp or outside this area, so her only guess was the lake. So she began heading there.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur proceeded to lay down, he knew he couldn't just leave, he didn't have anywhere to go, he didn't want to return into the captivity of twolegs, and life as a rogue or loner didn't sound tempting either. But what could he do, only thing he could imagine would stop the dark forest cats was to kill them, if that was even possible, considering that they were already dead, but even if it was possible, how could he do that, after all, they seemed to be too skilled fighters for Slumberfur, not to mention that he would have to find them first.  

• Brohoof 1

Jinx kept padding toward the lake, keeping her ears pricked up in case anything tried to jump out at her. She was becoming increasingly paranoid with all these random attacks, not to mention no cats around her seemed to like her.

She neared the lake, catching Slumberfur's scent and following it.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur was still laying down, he just stared at the reflection of the clouds on the calm water, and he didn't bother to keep his senses focused, thus it would have been very easy for any cat to sneak on him, but he didn't really care. He thought about getting up and returning to Jinx, but he figured she could be too scared at the moment to face Slumberfur, so he decided not to. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx padded closer and closer to the lake, and where Slumberfur was laying. She spotted him, and hesitated for a moment, recalling the sheer bloodlust in his eyes earlier.

She flicked her tail and slowly approached him. Her kittypet scent would be easy to smell the closer she got...

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur could sense Jinx getting closer even without bothering to focus his senses, her scent and heavy steps were too obvious for him to not notice, but he didn't take his eyes from the calm lake, or move at all really. "I'm surprised you want to have anything to do with me after that." He sighed  "I have never been that close to killing someone you know?" "It was kinda scary actually, to be so blinded by anger and frustration."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was startled that Slumberfur recognised her right away, but she didn't stop. "Yes, well, having a strange cat behind you making you so angry doesn't help me think it was all your doing."

She sat down next to him with a small thud. "Plus, our time alone has given me a chance to think."

• Brohoof 1

"Strange cat huh?" "I take you mean the hostile brown one." "That would explain" Slumberfur meowed thoughtfully, he looked down "Though I still want to apologize, I could tell how scared you were."

"Given you chance to think?" "So what have you been thinking?"

• Brohoof 1

"I was a little... okay, I was scared," Jinx sighed, too tired to keep up her usual demeanour. "But it wasn't your fault."

She flicked her tail. "I was thinking, if that brown cat made you aggressive, maybe it's doing the same to your friends?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't comment, it was obvious to him that he was exactly what Jinx was scared of, but he didn't want to argue again.

"I actually have suspected that being the case since the last time we were here at the lake." "But if that cat really was around when I had my.....reaction, I dare to say that it confirms it." "I don't know how, but that cat makes cats around it just as hostile as it is." Slumberfur started thinking "There is still few more things I don't understand, why it took so long until he got me, why was I able to stop it, and why aren't you affected at all."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tilted her head at the last point. That was a good question--why didn't their influence work on her?

"Maybe it's because I'm not from here and I don't know anything about your Starclan or something?" she suggested.

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but that still wouldn't explain my situation, because I know as much about Starclan as any warrior and I have been most of my life here." Slumberfur pointed out "So if it was like you say, we wouldn't be talking." he looked thoughtful, "But it could be something to do with our 'kittypetness', what if the cats are targeting only clanborn cats"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked an ear at that suggestion, as it didn't really make much sense to her.

"But then, why would they kill forest cats?" She asked, sounding truly curious. "Wouldn't they want more of them and less pets?"

• Brohoof 1

"It depends on what they want to do, if they want to destroy the clans, it would make perfect sense to target clan cats." Slumberfur pointed out "And I think it's pretty safe to assume that that's what they want to do, why else would they straight up kill several cats." 

• Brohoof 1

"I suppose so," Jinx muttered, then thought a little more. "Then, why are they bothering with us? Me especially."

She flicked her tail. "I mean, I know I'm a big deal, but am I worth their time bothering?"

• Brohoof 1

"Whatever it is, I'm not fond with being toyed with like this," Jinx hissed, her fur bristling slightly. "I just wish this all hadn't become so complicated."

She looked over at the lake. "If only it were always this quiet."

• Brohoof 1