Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"There's lot of things I wish wasn't the case but they are" Slumberfur meowed, and he was going to continue, but cut himself short after realizing something "Now that you mention it, it is really quiet." "There is no waves or wind, even birds are quiet." "It's...unusual" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail and her hair bristled again. It was unnaturally quiet--she didn't know how forests worked much, but usually there were birds and such, but there was nothing.

"We should probably get away from here."

• Brohoof 1

"From the lake or the forest?" Slumberfur asked, he wasn't really concerned about the silence since he knew that it was related to the situation at paw. "Nevermind, it doesn't matter." He got up, "Let's go back to the twoleg nest." "I'll try not to lose my mind again." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I'll hold you to that," Jinx half-joked, padding after Slumberfur toward the nest. She hoped she wouldn't have to keep on her guard all night.

"Maybe we'll have a better idea of what to do in the morning?"

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but this day isn't over yet." "I think we should hunt and think about this after that." Slumberfur meowed, he then stayed quiet for a moment before asking "I was wondering, what would you think about learning to defend yourself?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up, then lowered at the question. She didn't enjoy fighting--specifically the effort required--but she didn't know how long she'd be stuck there.

"I suppose I may as well," she sighed. "It may stop any more cats trying to kill me."

• Brohoof 1

"That's exactly why I even suggested it." Slumberfur mentioned "Because though you won't necessary ever be as good fighter as a warrior, you could at least fight well enough to run away." That wasn't the whole reason why Slumberfur had suggested it to Jinx, he also did it for his own sake, because teaching Jinx to fight could help him to get his thoughts away from the mess they were in for a moment.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tutted irritably. She didn't want to start something so difficult, but he had a point. She needed to at least defend herself, so she could hide when it was over.

"Fine, fine," she sighed. "If I absolutely must."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I'm not going to force you to, even though I could, but it could be helpful for you." Slumberfur meowed calmly, then adding "And wouldn't it be nice to be able to boast to your kittypet friends how you're better than them" as friendly teasing.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's eyes lit up at that last comment. That was a good point--she loved to assert dominance, and she supposed learning to fight would help with that. No one would even think about bothering her again.

"Well, I suppose if you put it that way," she decided, ears pricking up. Slumberfur definitely had her attention now.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur sounded amused for a moment "I thought so, you're not too different from me after all." he then returned to his usual tone "But let's hunt first, nobody likes to fight with empty stomach." Slumberfur had to think what to teach Jinx, because there wasn't time for everything he would teach to an apprentice. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx had to admit that was a good idea--she felt like eating something before having to do a lot of hard work.

"Very well then," she mewed, "just as long as it doesn't take too long. Just being in this forest is exhausting."

• Brohoof 1

"It takes just as long as you make it to take." Slumberfur meowed, they arrived to the twoleg nest "So, good hunting luck." he didn't stop even for a second before he already headed towards his usual hunting spot, leaving Jinx alone next to he nest. It didn't take long for him to catch a squirrel again, there seemed to be plenty of prey around, but Slumberfur couldn't sense any birds anywhere, it was rather odd. 

As usual, Slumberfur laid down to eat his catch and didn't hurry to finish it, he started thinking about what he should try to teach Jinx.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx let out a quiet sigh before setting out herself, deciding she may as well use the time to catch something.

She followed a scent and managed to, albeit clumsily, catch a mouse. She laid down and ate it, once again wondering how long it would take before she could go home.

• Brohoof 1

After a while of laying down and thinking, Slumberfur got up and started lazily padding towards the twoleg nest, he knew now what to teach Jinx, but would need to ask her if she knew anything about fighting, so he didn't teach things she already knew.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx soon finished and yawned before slowly padding back toward the nest herself. She was looking forward to having a rest after a long day, but she had a feeling Slumberfur wouldn't let her just relax.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur arrived to the twoleg nest and waited for Jinx, he wasn't going to show anything too complicated yet, but he was sure that Jinx would get tired pretty quickly due her....kittypet like shape. When Jinx arrived, Slumberfur broke the silence quickly "First thing first, is there anything you know about fighting already."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx yawned and padded back to the nest, seeing Slumberfur already there. She knew he was going to get right to it, so she figured there was no point in arguing.

"Well, I know that you have to use your claws," she mewed, unsheathing her claws.

• Brohoof 1

"That's right, but we don't need them while practicing." Slumberfur meowed, so Jinx really didn't know anything. "So as a first thing before we do anything, you need to know one thing." "That being, you want to protect your belly, that's where you can expect your enemy to aim for....." ".....And in the current situation, you want to protect your throat too." Slumberfur then proceeded to explain what was the best way to protect said areas, and how to react if enemy managed to get you to expose them. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sheathed her claws and sat down, listening to Slumberfur's explanation about fighting. She was listening intently, and it all sounded easy enough, so she didn't look too worried.

"I think I understand," she mewed, sounding as sure as she could manage.

• Brohoof 1

"Good, then only thing left is to practice it" Slumberfur meowed "Whenever you're ready." He then waited for Jinx to be ready before charging at her, aiming for her belly and throat with his paws. He was rather gentle with his attack, in fact, it was just as gentle as he would be while playing with kits, and in reality it really was like playing to him, after all, he didn't think that Jinx would be too different from a kit when it came to her fighting.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was as prepared as she could be when Slumberfur gently pounced onto her, and tried to attack her. She tried to use her back legs to kick him off while using her front paws to guard her throat from his attack.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's performance was good for someone who had never fought before, but Slumberfur still managed to get through her defense after putting a little bit more effort in, though her kicking strength surprised him a little bit. He pounced off, and let Jinx to get up and rest a second before he meowed , "Not bad for a beginner, there was some mistakes, but those are easy to fix." "Do you need to rest for a moment or are you ready to try again?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was flopped down on her front as Slumberfur leaped off and looked at her. She was happy about finally getting some praise for once, but this sort of thing was quite tiring.

"I suppose we may as well do a little more," she sighed and slowly stood back up. "Come on then."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And so Slumberfur did, he did pretty much the same thing as before, because though in actual fight it was rare that the enemy would do the exact same thing twice, it didn't matter now because they were practicing. He wasn't sure if there was enough time for Jinx to learn enough to actually take on a trained warrior, but he was confident that if they focused on right things, she would be able to do well enough to get away. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1