Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx turned and listened to the black cat, becoming interested once hearing how she disliked help or the clans.

"Strange that you'd insult me for not being part of this clan life then," she pointed out, then looked right at her. "Traitorousness?"

• Brohoof 1

"I didn't insult you because you're not part of the clans." The she-cat pointed out "I insulted you because you're too weak and inefficient to be anything else than a kittypet." she looked at the bed where the kits were now taking a nap together "And yes, traitorousness." "Slumberfur got thrown out for no reason, and my humans just left after they couldn't get along with each other."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx looked at the cat, a little surprised. She knew Slumberfur was a pet once, but her too? And their humans just abandoned them?

"But... but mine are different," she muttered, sounding unsure despite trying to sound as pompous as usual. "They're... looking for me. They have to be."

It was clear she was starting to have doubts.

• Brohoof 1

"You're free to believe what you want, just don't say you haven't been warned." The she-cat meowed before starting to head to the roof "But enough chit-chat, I go hunting now.". She then climbed to the roof, asked Slumberfur something, and climbed down and went outside.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx watched the cat pad off, but didn't move. She sat there, her thoughts deepening.

She didn't realise humans could just abandon their cats like that. Could that be what hers did? Was she so demanding of them that they were happy to leave her to die out here?

She shook her head. No, they had to be looking for her. They had to be. But what was taking them so long? It's been days...

Her ears lowered as her thoughts deepened...

• Brohoof 1

It didn't take long for the she-cat to come back, she was carrying a squirrel on her back, and a small rabbit in her mouth. She dropped the rabbit next to where the kits slept, then grabbing the squirrel and taking it with her to the roof. 

The she-cat stayed on the roof for few moments, but soon she came back down with the squirrel, looking almost sad, dropped it on the floor, and sighing padded to wake up the kits. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx glanced up to see the cat returning with food, but she just went back to staring at nothing. For some reason, she didn't feel like eating at the moment.

She was too busy thinking. Did her humans truly care that she was missing? She would have known if they were looking for her by now.

Did that mean she'd have to live out here? Take care of herself and fear for her life every day? She barely knew how to hunt and she never had to fight once in her life.

The black cat's works echoed in her head. No cat out here cared about her; she didn't have one friend. Not even her own brother wanted anything to do with her.

• Brohoof 1

The kits woke up slowly, but were full of energy after seeing some food. The she-cat ripped a piece of the rabbit for the kits and then settled to eat herself, though she ate slowly, looking towards the roof now and then. 

After the kits had eaten enough, they cleaned themselves and headed back to sleep, all but Ashkit. Ashkit headed towards Jinx instead, sat in front of her, and looked at her curiously "Are you aright father's sister." 

The she-cat looked towards Jinx and Ashkit, listening what Jinx was going to say. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up as she was snapped out of her thoughts. She looked down at Ashkit and tried to act more like her old self, but it just wasn't in her right now.

"I'm just thinking," she said, and glanced away. "I've just realised I may not be able to go home."

• Brohoof 1

Ashkit narrowed his eyes but soon replied with almost cheerful tone "Your twolegs left you too?" "What stupid creatures." It was clear that Ashkit didn't understand the seriousness of the situation, probably because how young and naive he was. He padded away to sleep with his siblings. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't want to say anything, but Ashkit was more correct than he thought. Her ears lowered as he padded off. "Yes, stupid," she murmured to herself.

She glanced back to the other cats, then back ahead. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go back, but she couldn't live out here alone.

She had nowhere to go, and no one cared.

• Brohoof 1

After eating, the she-cat proceeded to carry the remains of the rabbit outside and after that, she climbed on her usual shelf and started cleaning herself. 

On the roof, Slumberfur was laying down, quietly staring to the sky, it was getting late, but he had no plans going inside, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to even sleep. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx wasn't sure what to do. Not just for the future, but at the moment as well. She laid down on her own outside, getting the feeling she wouldn't be welcomed inside.

She sighed and lowered her head, almost like she was welcoming those evil cats to come get her.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur stayed staring at the sky for a while, but eventually he became too tired to stay awake, after all, he had been in a serious fight. 

When Slumberfur woke up, it was almost sunhigh already. He had seen another real-feeling dream about the four cats, but this time they didn't seem to notice that he was there. There was a dead squirrel next to him, most likely brough by the she-cat, and after some hesitation, he proceeded to eat it. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx had fallen asleep outside the den, and awoke around the same time as Slumberfur. She got up and stretched, and washed herself.

She looked back at the den, and only one thing she was sure of; she wasn't welcome there. Not in the forest either. She could only go to the humans... but what if that cat was right? Would they care if she was gone? She had to at least see for herself.

She got up and started slowly padding from the den. She had no idea where to go, but she figured if she found some rivers, she'd be close.

• Brohoof 1

The she-cat had made her way outside and noticed Jinx padding away "You're not trying to go home are you?" "I'm not going to stop you, but it's long walk, and you have to go through the clan territories." she started washing herself "And you're already going to wrong direction." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx halted, her ears lowering as frustration ran through her. She was getting really sick and tired of everyone acting like they were better than her.

"No I'm not, actually," she said. "I don't know where I'm going, but it's clear I'm not welcome here, or in this forest. So what else am I to do?"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't remember driving you out, so I don't know what you're talking about." The she-cat meowed calmly, "But like I said, I'm not stopping you, just figured you could use a warning". She turned around to go back inside and muttered something with a sigh. 

• Brohoof 1

"But you don't want me here," Jinx pointed out, padding after her. "I never asked for any of this. I didn't want to be dragged out of my home and caught up in the middle of all this."

She lashed her tail. "But here I am. No home, no friends. Everyone I've met out here hates me, and all for things I've had no control over."

• Brohoof 1

"You think you're only one?" the she-cat meowed, stopping and giving Jinx a challenging look "I have been hated by everyone, Slumberfur has been hated by everyone, the difference is, that instead of complaining, we did something about it." she sighed  "And you're either ungrateful  or stupid to think everyone hates you...." her ear twitched, she seemed angry, though she stayed calm "... because even after losing his home, friends and guidance, Slumberfur killed his mate to defend you, and you didn't even bother to ask if he was aright." "No, you only started complaining more. " She started walking again. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx went to argue, but she couldn't. She hadn't even thought about that. Slumberfur killed someone precious to him to protect her, and she hadn't shown any gratitude for it.

Regularly she wouldn't care, but now...

"...you're right," she muttered, just loud enough for her to hear, her voice filled with regret. "But he won't want to hear anything from me now, would he? Not even an apology."

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe not, but why does it matter?" the she-cat meowed  "He didn't want to eat, yet I brough him food, and he ate next morning." "It doesn't matter what he wants, it's what he needs." she looked towards the roof "He may act rude, even hostile, but can you really blame him?" "After all,  he has lost everything but his kits, and he knows even they may be in danger." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx quietly listened, admitting to herself that the other cat had a point. Slumberfur needed all the support he could get, and she was his family. Besides, she could always get it repaid later.

She padded toward the black cat. "Where is he now?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx padded in after her and looked around for a route to the roof. She started clambering and hopping onto every possible platform, finding some difficulty due to her... lack of physical training.

She made it to the roof and, as the black cat warned her, she occasionally slid a paw on the slippery roof but quickly regained her poise.

• Brohoof 1