Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx was getting more irritated than afraid. She could barely see anything and she could hear everything. Wasn't this dark forest meant to have a lot of cats in it or something?

At the moment she saw no reason to cross the river, as easy as it would be, so she kept padding alongside the bank, making sure not to step in any mud.

For a quite long time there was nothing of interest, but eventually Jinx would be able to hear what sounded like a conversation from some distance away. There was four voices, two of them sounding like the two dark forest cats Jinx and Slumberfur had met, and two unfamiliar ones. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up when she heard the voices, surprised to actually hear any after so much silence. Her heart skipped a beat when she recognised two of them as the evil cats from before.

She got closer and crawled into a bush to eavesdrop on them.

• Brohoof 1

It was too dark to really see anything, but the four cats were visible just enough for it to be revealed that the two other cats were the same ones as the ones who were watching Slumberfur and Jinx when they left the territory. 

(Death) "So, it's confirmed she's dead?" (Famine) "Yes" (Death) "What about the four half-bloods?" (War) "Still working on it." 

(dialog = (who says) "what says"  ) 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx kept her eyes wide open, seeing silhouettes of the cats talking. Indeed, she recognised the other two as well. This was definitely their meeting place, of a kind.

It was definitely them who killed Slumberfur's mate, now all she had to think of was how to stop them from killing anyone else.

• Brohoof 1

(Plague) "I still don't understand why do we even care about those four, they are useless, just like their parents." (War) "True, but you can't tell me you wouldn't enjoy seeing that kittypet's reaction." (Death) "We can't leave things unfinished, you know that." (Famine) "Enough nonsense, can I start the preparations already?" (Death) "Go ahead" The starving-looking cat then padded into the darkness. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears perked up as she listened. What did they mean about her parents? Did they get to them as well? And what were they preparing for? She needed to know.

She kept listening in case they had anymore information to give.

• Brohoof 1

(Plague) "I was thinking, have you figured out why those two kittypets are so 'special'?" (War) "Special?" "Those two?" "Ha" (Plague) "I simply mean them being Starclan's choice of defence, it just doesn't make sense why they would choose so utterly useless cats" "I think I'll look into it." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered irritably at the cats calling her and Slumberfur useless. Her brother at least had training and could hold his own anyway.

But that was a good point. Why was she chosen? She didn't even know about the clans or any of this until a few days ago.

• Brohoof 1

(War) "You are giving Starclan too much credit." "They probably were just desperate and didn't find anybody else." (Plague) "Maybe, but I'm still going to look into it, waiting my turn is boring." (Death) "Aright, it's time to go." All the cats then padded away. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx narrowed her eyes as she kept listening, and watched them move on. She waited a few moments before creeping after them.

Maybe if she kept near them she could learn more vital information, like where they were going or what the plan was.

• Brohoof 1

No matter how much Jinx were to walk, the four cats were nowhere to be found, and the forest was filled with silence again. The only thing that remained of them was the sickening smell of Death, Blood and Sickness. 

• Brohoof 1

"There's that delightful smell again," Jinx snarked under her breath, and took a look at her surroundings. Nothing but darkness and silence once again.

"Well this is dandy," she huffed. "What am I supposed to do now?"

• Brohoof 1

Suddenly, a familiar hissing was heard "Not putting your nose to others' business would be a good start." it was one of the four cats, the hostile brown one to be exact, "After that I would suggest a bath, it's refreshing." and before it had even finished the last sentence, the cat charged at Jinx, throwing her into the cold and muddy river. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx jumped and turned to see the brown cat from before, surprised that she'd been caught.

Before she could react, she found herself knocked into the river, leaving her spluttering and splashing as she struggled to reach the far bank and try to escape to dry land.

• Brohoof 1

The brown cat was running on the shore keeping up with Jinx, it meowed loud enough for Jinx to hear its words even in the water, "I knew you're stupid, but I never expected you to be so stupid that you'd come here!" "And not only that, you decided to talk to yourself after spying on us, it's pretty easy to hear in this silence you know!" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx spluttered as she scrambled to the other side of the river, climbing up the muddy bank and shaking as much water and muck off her pelt as possible. "Ugh, the nerve."

She looked over her shoulder and lashed her tail. "And what makes you think I'm here to spy on you? Are you just that full of yourselves?"

• Brohoof 1

"Don't try to play me, if your scent close to where we were wasn't a proof enough, you also started following us after we left." The cat pointed out "Besides, there isn't any other reason why you would be here out of your own will." "Though I have to say that I'm surprised that it's you and not your brother who came here."

• Brohoof 1

"Well when you find another cat in here after a while of silence," Jinx pointed out, "then you're going to follow them out of curiosity, yes?"

She purred and swayed her tail at the next comment, raising her chin. "I suppose you underestimated me then."

• Brohoof 1

"No actually, especially not when that another cat is someone you know is trouble." the cat argued, sounding almost proud "And no, I didn't underestimate you, I actually overestimated you..." "... Because I thought you weren't that stupid, but apparently you are." the cat then quickly swam over the river to same side as Jinx "I probably should kill you since I don't know how much you heard, but I think I'll have some fun with you instead." the cat grinned and was seemingly preparing to attack. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and rolled her eyes, thinking Slumberfur was still there to wake her up before things got bad.

"So you're not busy with that 'big plan' of yours, hm?" She pointed out, flicking her tail. "Then again, with how little there is to do here I'm not surprised you're bored out of your mind."

• Brohoof 1

"No I'm not, I have already done my part" the cat meowed before launching towards Jinx, it went past her, hitting her side with its claws as it went, it then turned around and continued meowing, "And I'm unable to get bored." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tried to jump away from the cat's attack, her fur getting clipped by the claws. "Oof... clearly you are, otherwise you wouldn't be wasting your time with me."

If Slumberfur were watching, he'd see her fur brushing, some hairs flying off.

• Brohoof 1

"You can have fun without boredom you know." the cat meowed getting ready to jump again "And I have whole eternity of time to waste." It charged at Jinx again, this time right at her, making sure she didn't have a chance to dodge, planning to push her back into the river after getting few hits on her. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tried her best to defend herself, but she wasn't built for fighting like the forest cats, and this one was rather strong.

She rolled down safely into the river, spluttering and hoping Slumberfur would wake her soon.