Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx wasn't sure how to react to Slumberfur's silent nod, but she assumed it meant he understood, though she wasn't expecting any forgiveness even if she'd like some.

She took one look at the grave and padded after him, having nothing else to do at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't say anything on the way to the nest, but it wasn't because he didn't want to talk to Jinx, he just didn't have anything to say. 

When they arrived to the nest, the she-cat was waiting outside. (Slumberfur) "What is it Midnight."  (Midnight aka the she-cat) "Birchkit had a nightmare, something about brown cat telling him that Flameheart is dead." Slumberfur looked angry and slightly dissapointed, he was going to say something but Midnight cut him off "He didn't believe the cat,  but I figured you should know what happened."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx padded after Slumberfur and listened in on the conversation. She was somewhat glad to know the black cat actually did have a name.

Her ears pricked up when she overheard about the nightmare. She glanced away awkwardly, at least being thankful that it wasn't her who let it slip. She swayed her tail, waiting for what would happen next.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur looked away "I knew something like this would eventually happen." "There really isn't anything we can do about it, we just have to keep them convised that she is aright." he sighed "And I have to find the solution quicker." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail, looking around as she too tried to think of a solution. Indeed, it wasn't simple, given how little she knew of what went on here.

"I still say we should try to talk to this Starclan of yours," she spoke up. "Isn't there a place you go to speak to them or something?"

• Brohoof 1

Midnight looked almost unpleased when Jinx spoke, but she hid it quickly when Slumberfur briefly turned back towards her before looking at Jinx "There was, Moonpool next to Windclan territory, but the clouds stop moonlight from reaching it, making it useless." he continued quickly so nobody would cut him off "But, I met Flameheart and she told me that Starclan is just as clueless as us." "All information they have is an ancient warning." "Four will rise from the shadows, bringing darkness in their paws." 

• Brohoof 1

"We already figured that part out," Jinx pointed out, not hiding the snark in her voice. "What we needed was a way to stop it."

She sighed and flicked her tail irritably. "What, do we need to find four cats with light in their paws or something?"

• Brohoof 1

"Prophecies are never that simple, and there's usually different prophecy for the solution." Slumberfur pointed out "When I said they are clueless, I meant it." he sighed "Maybe there simply isn't any solution." "And if there is, we'll be searching for it alone."

• Brohoof 1

"There has to be some cat in that forest who's wise enough to know something's wrong," Jinx pointed out, flicking her tail again. "Moonshine seems better than that."

She glanced up at the sky. "We can go look for her... maybe she's gone to do something about it herself."

• Brohoof 1

"Though I agree that medicine cats are all probably sane still, I also know they won't leave the clans." Slumberfur explained "They may be trying to come up with solution too, but there is no way for us to meet with them."

• Brohoof 1

"I didn't say they had to leave," Jinx pointed out, "just that they could help us fix all this."

At his second comment, she swayed her tail in thought, and her ears pricked up when she remembered something. "What about this Moonpool you mentioned?"

• Brohoof 1

"To be able to get their help we need to meet them, but for us to be able to meet them, they would need to be somewhere else than in the clan territory, and to be somewhere else, they would need to leave." Slumberfur pointed out. 

"What about it? It's useless with the clouds blocking the moon." 

• Brohoof 1

"And yet Starclan still talked to you in your dream," Jinx pointed out, flicking her tail, "so clearly they can still contact us with the cloudy sky."

She flicked her tail. "Besides, these cats know this place well, right? Surely they'll know of good places to hide around here."

• Brohoof 1

"Look at the sky, do you see clouds?" Slumberfur pointed out, it was clear weather where they were, "There was no sign of Starclan until we came here, outside the thick cloud layer."

"And no, only Midnight knows this area, in fact, I and the kits are only clancats who know this place even exist, many clancats never leave the borders of the four clans."  "Though I'm not sure how that relates to anything." 

• Brohoof 1

"You know what I mean," Jinx hissed, lashing her tail. She looked toward the territories, and the sky above it. "If it's not cloudy over there, then we might have a chance."

She looked at Slumberfur again. "Do you know where this Moonpool is? We can just go and ask Starclan ourselves."

• Brohoof 1

"I think that's unnecessary risk to take." Slumberfur protested "The Moonpool is next to Windclan territory, making it dangerous place to be, and because there is a high probality that the clouds are still there, it could be useless risk to take." "But most importantly, why to go?" "We already know what Starclan will say." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx lowered her ears, getting irrtated with Slumberfur constantly turning down her ideas.

"Well what do you propose we do?" she mewed. "Aside from sitting there and moping about there being no hope. I got dragged out here for a reason and I plan to see it through first."

• Brohoof 1

"Well..." Slumberfur hesitated "We have to learn our enemy's weakness, and though I don't like the idea of going into the dark forest, especially now that they know to expect us, it's the only way to do it." he sighed "But we also have to accept that there is a real possibility that there is no weaknessess." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked back up, feeling some relief that her brother was at least willing to try and think of a plan.

"That's more like it," she purred, sounding more satisfied. "We'll never know if they have weaknesses if we don't try, right? Maybe one of your Starclan cats would like to provide us with some clues at some point." She added dryly.

"They can't give clues they don't have." Slumberfur pointed out, but continued quickly so the arguing wouldn't continue, "And stop calling them 'your Starclan', they aren't anyone's, they just are."

"Anyways, our first problem is that they have started targeting my kits, we have to keep track of it so we'll know if we need to relocate."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail, feeling irritation build up again. "That isn't really important right now--what is is what you said about your kits. We need to make sure they're okay."

She looked around slowly. "Do you know of anywhere else safe?"

• Brohoof 1

"Birchkit saw the brown one in his dream, but they're okay for now." Slumberfur explained "We can't really do anything about it, but if they manage to find out where we are, we have to move." "But I don't really know any other places." Midnight then joined to the conversation, she had been just sitting there waiting for the conversation to end "I know several places we can hide if needed."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx swayed her tail as she listened to Slumberfur, and began to mull over where would be a safe place to hide.

She turned to look at Midnight when she spoke up, and flicked an ear. "I know of some place as well, but what did you have in mind?"

She was fully aware of the accusations that would be thrown her way when she made her own suggestion, so she may as well let Midnight go first.

• Brohoof 1

"Few caves and abandoned twoleg nests." Midnight meowed "One of the nests had a loner living in it last I was there, but he's old and harmless, if he's still alive that is, he was pretty sick." it was clear that Midnight was mostly talking to Slumberfur, she wasn't ignoring Jinx, but she wasn't really giving any attention to her either.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx narrowed her eyes at the idea of living in another abandoned house. It certainly didn't sound like her idea of safe and comfortable, but she knew one place that did.

"What about my garden?" She suggested, raising her chin proudly. "It's far away from the lake and no wild cats ever come up there. I can't think of anyone who would bother us; the only other cats around are other pets anyway."

• Brohoof 1