Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Slumberfur shook his head "Considering the situation, I almost would actually consider your garden, but there's slight problem..." "It's a very long walk, so it could be hard for the kits, and not only that, to get there, we either would need to go past the lake, through the clan territories, or take a longer route that is way too long to travel injured with four kits." Though Slumberfur hated to admit it, his wounds from the battle with Flameheart wasn't yet healed, and it had an effect to his ability to travel.

• Brohoof 1

"Hm, we'd have to wait till you feel better then," Jinx decided, swishing her tail. "We can just carry the kits if they feel tired anyway."

She looked toward the lake, gazing around. "Can't we just go around the territories? My house is near the rivers anyway."

• Brohoof 1

"There's only three of us and they have grown big enough for us to not be able to carry two at the time." Slumberfur meowed "And going around the territories is exactly the longer route I was talking about." "But let's talk more about this if or when the need actually raises."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail irritably. Again with the excuses...

"Fine, fine," she murmured, ears lowered again. "What do you propose we do instead? Those cats must have some sort of weakness we can use."

• Brohoof 1

"We find out that weakness of course." Slumberfur meowed, "And there is only one way of finding it." and he didn't like it, but they were running out of time and it was the only way at the moment. "I guess it's my turn to pay a visit to darkness." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked an ear, feeling rather uneasy about that idea even if it was the best one they had. But even as mildly annoying the experience to that dark place was for her, she didn't like the idea of him going alone.

"You don't want one of us to come with you?" she suggested.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I don't know if it works like that." Slumberfur admitted "Since you can't just walk in the dark forest, there is no knowing where we end up in there." "In fact, while you ended up getting a bath in the forest, I didn't notice any indication of there being water anywhere." he kept a short thinking pause, "And it's probably easier to stay hidden alone."

• Brohoof 1

"Ugh, don't remind me," hissed Jinx, bristling her fur as she remembered when she got covered in cold mud in the dark forest. "That was unpleasant."

She looked at him, actually looking concerned. "Are you sure you can handle it? What can we do here?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'm not sure about anything at the moment, but I can handle it just as well as any cat would." Slumberfur meowed "And what can you do?" "Keep the kits safe and wake me up if needed." "They are only thing left for me to lose."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx swayed her tail, and leaned forward to give her brother a soft nuzzle. She needed to show some form of support and this was the best she could think of.

"Be careful in there," she mewed. "I didn't know I had anything to lose until a few days ago."

• Brohoof 1

Midnight had headed back inside when Slumberfur had mentioned the kits. 

"I will." Slumberfur promised, he appreciated Jinx's gesture, but was too busy worrying to realize that he cared about her to certain extend too. He sighed "But enough talking, we need to proceed." not that it necessary matters, he thought, because even if they managed to stop the dark cats, they could have managed to do enough damage for the clans to never recover, Slumberfur couldn't know, and that was what worried him the most, his own ignorance. He laid down next to the wall and closed his eyes, "Here goes nothing." 

Jinx flicked her ears and looked around while Slumberfur laid against the wall. Everything seemed peaceful for the moment, but she hoped for his safety as well as her own and the kits'. She even hoped Midnight would be okay, as hostile as she had been toward her.

She sat next to Slumberfur as he slept, keeping up her promise of watching out for him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For a while, nothing interesting happened and Slumberfur slept peacefully, until suddenly, Slumberfur's fur bristled and he let out a quiet hiss, but nothing else happened, there was no indication that it would be anything dangerous.   

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears flicked occasionally with every sound Slumberfur made, but at the moment he seemed safe enough. She kept sitting there, letting out a yawn. She didn't mind this job, but it was quite boring sitting there.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's job didn't get any more exciting for a while, Slumberfur's fur stayed bristled, but that still was the only thing out of the ordinary for a while. But eventually that changed, as he lost tuft of fur and few scratches and a wound appeared out of nowhere. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and stretched out her legs, getting incredibly bored with the constant silence.

Though her ears pricked up when she spotted Slumberfur had gained scratches and lost a tuft of fur. She considered waking him, but the scratches didn't look too bad at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing else happened after that and it didn't take long for Slumberfur to wake up by himself. He got up and flinched, there was a wound on his side, it hadn't been visible because it had been against the ground, it wasn't bad, but it was still rather painful. "Still no information, but..." "...the brown cat seemed lot less skilled than before."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx looked as her brother got up, lowering her ears when she saw the wound. She padded over and started licking it out of instinct, hoping it would help.

She cringed at the taste of blood on her tongue.

"Less skilled?" she said, swaying her tail curiously. "You could actually fight him there?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur was surprised when Jinx decided to help him with the wound, and wasn't fully sure how to feel about it, but he didn't say anything about it. "Yes, he still didn't seem to feel any pain, but I managed to get few good hits in regardless my injuries."

• Brohoof 1

"At least you didn't seem to get the worst of it then," Jinx murmured, rasping from the blood on her tongue after helping Slumberfur with his wound. "Ugh... so, does this mean you've found their weakness?"

• Brohoof 1

"I guess so, but they will be more careful now that we know." Slumberfur meowed "I wouldn't even be surprised if they tried to hunt us down before we have time to use this knowledge to our advance." "So keep your senses sharp."

• Brohoof 1

"Right," Jinx confirmed, pricking her ears up in case she heard anything approaching, but she only heard the wind in the nearby trees.

"Midnight and the kits are okay," she assured him, looking toward the kits. "At least, I assume so. I haven't heard any fighting."

• Brohoof 1

"Good." Slumberfur simply meowed "The dark cats can't really sneak on us since the all smell so terrible." he suddenly spitted "And taste terrible." he had cleaned his paw and there had been a little bit of the brown cat's taste "ugh, I'm not looking forward to biting them."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's fur bristled at the very thought. "Ugh, I can still smell them on you. If their scent is this bad, I can't imagine biting them." She rasped.

She flicked her tail and looked up at the sky. "So what do we do now?"

• Brohoof 1