Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Rather ironic, that sleeping would make you more tired," Jinx purred in amusement. "But I understand, after what you seem to have gone through."

She swayed her tail and looked around. "I could use something to eat myself, maybe I'll try some more of that hunting."

• Brohoof 1

Slumbefur yawned again "Well, getting injuries and getting muddy and wet while sleeping isn't too normal either." he pointed out slightly humorously "But anyway, do what you want, see you after I have gotten some rest" he then padded inside.

• Brohoof 1

"Fair point," Jinx admitted, some amusement in her own voice before padding toward the trees, hoping to find some food.

She tried to find a scent, and caught what she thought was a bird. She padded after it and attempted to pounce on it. It was shaky, and the bird nearly escaped her paws, but she just barely got it.

And she laid there and enjoyed her catch.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx finished up and buried the remains. She might have been in one of the clans' territories, but she didn't really care. She wanted food and she got it, and that's what mattered at the moment.

Purring contentedly to herself, she padded off toward a sunny patch near the den and laid down, flopping onto her side to relax. Her last thought before drifting off was hoping for a proper nap this time.

• Brohoof 1

Neither Slumberfur or Jinx ended up in the dark forest this time, allowing them both to rest, and there wasn't any other type of weird dreams either.

Sun was going down when Slumberfur woke up, "that's what you get for resting at day", he thought to himself as he got up and stretched, he needed to go for hunt soon, he was feeling hungry.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx woke up around the same time, yawning and stretching out her legs. A purr erupted from her, feeling refreshed from that nice nap, though she was mildly surprised to see the sun setting.

She padded toward the den, and looked at Slumberfur. "I don't know about you, but I feel much better."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur had come down from the roof at this point already, "Well, I do feel little better, though I could be better still."  he sat down and licked his injuries a little "Kits and Midnight are sleeping, so let's try to keep quiet." he then got up and started padding away "One moment, I go get something to eat for myself."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx stretched out her legs again, relieved to see he was looking better. She sat down and watched as he padded away.

"Bring me something back too if you can manage it," she half-joked, purring and swaying her tail.

• Brohoof 1

It didn't take long for Slumberfur to find and catch prey, and he decided to catch something small for Jinx too, that something ending up to be a mouse. 

He returned to the twoleg nest after he had eaten his prey, he dropped the mouse in front of Jinx, "There." he looked thoughtful "I noticed something odd when I was hunting, the squirrel I ate, and this mouse, they had a faint scent of Shadowclan on them." 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up when she saw Slumberfur returning, and she eyed the mouse with surprise. "Oh, I wasn't really serious," she mewed, before starting to eat it anyway, "but thank you."

She listened to him as she ate, and she sat up, looking a bit perplexed. "That might explain why this tastes a little... strange. Do those cats not come near here often?"

• Brohoof 1

"No, and I think they still haven't, I would have sensed that." Slumberfur explained "I think it's more likely,  that the prey has come here from their territory." "But the question is, why?" "Because though prey animals' territories go outside the clan territories, they don't usually come this far."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tilted her head, starting to get curious too. "That is strange. Perhaps something is happening there that's making them move?"

She swayed her tail and looked toward the darker trees. "Something dangerous?"

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe, but whatever it is, I bet my tail that the four cats have something to do with it." Slumberfur meowed before realizing something "That's it, next part of their plan." "I thought about this earlier, but this confirms it, each cat brings what they represent, Death, War, Hunger and Illness." "It's now the third cat's turn, Hunger."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx stared at her brother, listening intently. It all made sense to her somehow, despite how insane it all was to her.

However, she noticed the order he named the cats were the order the events occurred. Which meant...

"Illness is next," she murmured. "No doubt that will wipe out those cats once and for all."

• Brohoof 1

"And that's exactly why we are running out of time." Slumberfur agreed "Maybe if I manage to deal with one of the last two, I could stop the whole thing." he shook his head "no, that would be too easy, but it could be a good start."

• Brohoof 1

"Anything is better than nothing at this point," Jinx agreed, flicking her ears gently. "If they plan to finish those cats off, a disease would just about do it."

She swayed her tail and looked at him in the eyes. "Do you think they have any other weaknesses?"

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe they have, maybe they don't, it doesn't really matter." Slumberfur meowed  "We found the way to kill them, and only thing left is to go that way." he kept a short pause "Though, you could call their cockiness a weakness." "Enemy is at their weakest when they think they think they are strong."

• Brohoof 1

"So we catch them when their guard is down," Jinx summarised, and swayed her tail slowly. "That makes sense. We just need to catch them."

She glanced up toward the sky. "But how do we catch them..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"We do like we have done to this point." Slumberfur pointed out "We intrude their home and find them, we seem to always appear rather close to them so it shouldn't be too hard" "The question we should ask is that, can I handle four cats without the time to heal any possible injuries?"

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Well there's bound to be some cats out there who can help us," Jinx pointed out. "At least, some who are still somewhat sane."

She flicked her tail, looking rather reluctant. "I suppose I will fight too, if I must."

• Brohoof 1

"There really isn't." Slumberfur denied "I don't believe we can convince any outside cats to help us, even if they somehow believed that dark forest is a thing, and if there's any sane clancats left, we can't contact them because they are surrounded by the insane ones." he shook his head, "But we are wasting our time by talking, I'm going in now, and you...." "...well, it's your choice if you try to join me or not." he then laid down. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx didn't like the choice Slumberfur had left her with. She wanted to go in with him and help, but who would wake him if something happened to him?

She sighed and decided to do what she thought sounded better, trying to stay awake so she could watch him.

• Brohoof 1

Like before, nothing interesting happened at first, and later Slumberfur's fur bristled like before, and he stayed in that state for a while. Eventually though, scratches and such started appearing again like before, but this time, instead of calmly waking up, Slumberfur jumped awake, like something had scared him.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered when she saw scratches appear on Slumberfur. She moved to give him a nudge to wake him, only to jump back as he shot awake, bristling her fur.

"What happened?!" she hissed, shaking a little.

• Brohoof 1