Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Slumberfur stopped for a moment "At least you don't need to face them in a battle some day. " He then continued his way inside, and soon returned outside with the four kits, he looked at Jinx, "You take Firekit and Ashkit, I take Birchkit and Snowkit."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered at what Slumberfur said, and she watched him go inside. She didn't understand why families had to be driven apart like this out here, but she wasn't one to start criticising.

Though, hearing to take two of the kits, she raised her ears confusedly. "Oh, um, okay. Where do I take them?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur put Birchkit on his back "To Riverclan of course, I just can't carry all four alone." all four kits seemed happy and excited to get home. Slumberfur then picked up Snowkit in his mouth, making it impossible for him to talk, but it was clear he felt terrible when Snowkit meowed "I can't wait to tell mom about everything."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, right," Jinx meowed, relieved that she wouldn't have to separate the kits. She set Firekit on her back and took Ashkit in her mouth, following after Slumberfur.

Her ears lowered at Snowkit as well, and looked at her brother. She was only grateful that she was going to the place with the rivers, she could find her way home there. Plus, it was close enough for her nieces and nephews to visit.

• Brohoof 1

It was rather quiet travel, the kits got tired to chatting pretty quickly, falling asleep, and neither Slumberfur or Jinx could speak due having kit in their mouths each. 

When they arrived to Riverclan's border, patrol was just going past, and they stopped when they saw Slumberfur and Jinx. It was a patrol of five cats, and they all were tired and battle-scarred, one of them looked at Slumberfur and meowed with surprisingly friendly tone "You look terrible, but glad to know you're all aright." It was a good point, Slumberfur did look terrible, he was covered in battle-scars and dried up blood and dirt, he hadn't cleaned himself in a while. "Come now, Stormstar will be happy to see that the kits are aright."

Slumberfur started following the patrol, gesturing Jinx to follow too, and as they went, one of the Riverclan warriors explained what had happened lately. He explained that after several battles, all four clans were almost too weak to hunt or mark borders, and that it got only worse when most prey suddenly disappeared, including fish. He then told that little under 2 days ago the clouds that had blocked the sky started to clear, and Starclan managed to convise the four clans to work together, allowing them to survive until last evening when all prey came back as suddenly as they had disappeared. He also mentioned about Flameheart disappearing and that they had been told about Slumberfur disappearing too. "I would ask where you have been but I can see you can't really answer."

They finally arrived to Riverclan camp, and Slumberfur gave the kits to the Riverclan cats and headed towards Stormstar, bowing respectfully "Stormstar" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx just followed the cats toward Riverclan's camp, and earned a few glares from inside. Not of hatred, just irritated as she was infamous for stealing fish now and then. She simply raised her chin, showing the glares and whispers weren't getting to her.

Stormstar padded toward Slumberfur, looking quite relieved and exhausted. "I'm glad to see you're still alive. I'm sure you have plenty to tell about the last few days, but I must ask; why is the kittypet with you? And I assume you know who these kits are?"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur kept a pose that both challenged and respected Stormstar's authority "Why she is with me is not Riverclan's business, but for why she is here, there's simple answer, I needed help carrying the kits and she happens to be family." he paused for a moment before he continued "And yes, I, like you, know exactly who they are, and that's why I'm here, I need to talk with you regarding their mother." "Alone" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx raised her chin again, almost challenging Stormstar's authority herself.

Stormstar kept his stare on Slumberfur, before padding toward his den. "Very well. Follow me then, and make sure your 'family' causes no trouble."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur just gave Jinx a serious look to reinforce Stormstar's words before turnng to follow Stormstar, when they arrived inside the den, Slumberfur didn't waste any time, "She's dead" he kept his calm, but it was clear it pained him to say what he said "She attacked me and it was either me or her, I gave her a proper burial." He continued right away "And I trust I don't need to tell you how much I regret it."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx rolled her eyes and sat heavily where she stood, "I'll behave."

Stormstar's ears lowered at the news, having lost one of the clan. "After all that's been happening, I can believe that. It's a shame, she was one of our best warriors. And I'm sure you took no pleasure in doing it."

He looked down at the first. "I'll announce a proper vigil later... as proper as possible without a burial."

• Brohoof 1

"I'd expect no less" Slumberfur meowed "That's all business I have here, so until you need something from me, I should be going, my clan still doesn't know that I'm still alive." he then waited for Stormstar's permission to leave.

• Brohoof 1

"Very well," Stormstar decided, "be on your way then. But take the kittypet with you, I don't care where she goes, just out of the territory. We need as much as we can get to recover."

His tone suggested he was concerned somewhat.

• Brohoof 1

"Of course." Slumberfur meowed before leaving the den, and as he walked past Jinx, he gestured her to follow, and two Riverclan cats came with them too, most likely to make sure that they leave. As they exited the camp, voice of one of the kits could be heard asking where Flameheart was, and that caused Slumberfur to flatten his ears, he wasn't going to forgive himself for a while. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx followed after Slumberfur, happy to get away from the glares of the cats. "Honestly, you take a few fish and it's such a big deal," she murmured.

She overheard the kit as well, and looked toward her brother. "It wasn't your fault," she reiterated.

• Brohoof 1

"I won't explain the reason to you again, I remember doing that at least twice." Slumberfur meowed casually. 

"It doesn't matter who is in the fault." Slumberfur reasoned "The fact is that I have blood on my paws, and that blood is that of my mate and mother of my kits." he looked towards the sky "Any comforting words won't change that."

The Riverclan cats following them were too far to hear their conversation. 

• Brohoof 1

"Not to sound uncaring," Jinx mewed quietly, "but I get the feeling you're not the only one with that kind of blood on your paws out here."

She looked around at the territory as they walked. "And I'm aware that you've told me, it doesn't make me any less annoyed about it."

• Brohoof 1

"Unlikely" Slumberfur meowed "Everyone were only hostile towards other clans." "And I and Flameheart were the only cats meeting over borders as far as I know." he continued dismissively "and what if it's the case?" "It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make me feel any better."

• Brohoof 1

"I doubt very much will," Jinx snarked under her breath, then spoke up. "Besides, it means it won't happen again, right? We got rid of the problem."

She wondered if her brother ever saw the bright side to anything for a moment.

• Brohoof 1

"Her death wasn't needed for the situation to get solved" Slumberfur meowed, now sounding almost angry "I appreciate what you are trying to do, but it's not helping." "I killed the cat I was in love with, and nothing you say will change that." he turned his head away "Just....don't talk about it anymore. "

• Brohoof 1

Jinx decided to respect his wishes and say no more about it. She wasn't sure if she had much else to say about it anyway.

"So," she began again, "what will you do now? Since all this is over, I suppose we're done?"

• Brohoof 1

"I will return to normal clan life" Slumberfur meowed "Do my duty as Thunderclan warrior until it's my time to join Starclan." he sighed "It was nice to be free from my duties for a while, but I do miss being a warrior." They now crossed Riverclan's border, entering Shadowclan's territory. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx felt uneasy that she was walking away from her home, but she decided she should at least accompany him till he arrived at his first.

"You miss fighting for your life every day?" she asked, still not really understanding who would choose such a life over an easy one like hers.

• Brohoof 1

"I've told you it's not like that." Slumberfur pointed out "Fighting is actually rather rare." "And besides this situation, it's never over our lifes." he kept a short pause "And little fight now and then doesn't hurt anyone." "It keeps our skills in shape."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm fine with not fighting at all, if it's all the same with you," Jinx remarked, swaying her tail as she padded beside him. "Especially after the fights I've had to go through lately. I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

• Brohoof 1

"And that's why you're kittypet and I'm a clancat." Slumberfur reasoned "There is no point in making it a competition." "You like being lazy doing nothing, and I like the freedoms and challenges of being a clancat."

• Brohoof 1