Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, I have freedom too," Jinx mewed, raising her chin pompously. "I thought we established that."

After a moment, she lowered her head and looked right into his eyes. "Actually, now I think I'm sure this life isn't for me. That dark place was... I'll admit it, it scared me. Being alone in there with those evil cats wanting to kill me. I don't think I could live like that."

• Brohoof 1

"Understandable, even if that's not something that happens too often, this probably being the first, and hopefully the last time." Slumberfur meowed sympathetically "I can't remember what it was like, but I can't imagine myself enjoying it either." "But sometimes you have to do things you don't like for sake of others."

• Brohoof 1

"Believe me, I've been doing that since we met," Jinx mewed, almost sounding amused. "But yes, hopefully that was the last time."

She looked down as a thought lingered in the back of her head. What if her owners had indeed abandoned her? Where would she go? Would she have to come back here and hope for the best?

• Brohoof 1

"What about you?" Slumberfur started "I take it that you're returning to twolegplace?" "Since you are so sure you won't like clanlife?" he kept his eyes forward, so he didn't notice Jinx's dropping gaze, he was also little surprised that there was yet to be any Shadowclan warriors trying to stop them.

• Brohoof 1

"Um, yes, of course," Jinx murmured, trying to sound sure of what she was doing. "And they'll have a lot to answer for for not looking for me."

Her tone suggested she wasn't certain, like she was doubting things would be so simple.

• Brohoof 1

"You're worried they won't take you back, aren't you?" Slumberfur meowed "You worry that same happens to you what happened to me and Midnight." he sounded oddly casual "Don't worry about it, if they have abandoned you, some other twoleg probably will gladly take you." "And if not, living as a loner around the twolegplace is easy, you don't even need o hunt because twolegs leave so much food outside."

• Brohoof 1

"I-I'm not worried about that!" Jinx mewed, though her tone betrayed her words.

She lowered her ears and looked toward the ground, deciding not to hide it. "I suppose, but I like to have somewhere safe and warm to sleep."

• Brohoof 1

"Other loners can help with that." Slumberfur meowed again "I'm sure they know safe and warm places." he looked like he was reminiscing "At least when I left they knew, and until they have moved to a different place, there should be all the same loners as there was back then."

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully they'll be nice enough to me if that's the case," Jinx murmured, not sounding hopeful  to the idea of having to sleep outside. "I'd just like to have somewhere secure that has plenty of food."

• Brohoof 1

"If you're nice to them, you shouldn't have any problems." Slumberfur's mind was filled with memories now, sure he had been in the twolegplace only 7 moons before becoming a clancat, but it still was enough time to make some friends. He continued, partly to himself "Maybe I should visit them some day. They probably would like to know how I'm doing."

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully they won't be as hostile," Jinx murmured under her breath, still a little upset at how the forest cats treated her.

Still, if it was true and her humans had indeed cast her out, it was comforting to know she had options. "I'm sure they'd like to see you again."

• Brohoof 1

They now arrived in Thunderclan's territory, "Probably true, since they tried their best to get me to stay." Slumberfur meowed "You know what, when you get back there, could you tell them that Sleepy Kitten says hi." he cleared his throat awkwardly "They called me that."

• Brohoof 1

"Well that sounds promising," Jinx admitted, then purred in amusement at his last comment. "Sleepy kitten, huh? I guess that's where your name came from. I'll do that."

She flicked her ear as a thought came to her. "What was your name before you came here anyway?"

• Brohoof 1

"I really never liked that nickname, but it was accurate." Slumberfur mentioned "I was young and sleepy." he let ou purr of amusement "I still am."

"My name?" he sounded like he was trying to remember "I have done my best trying to forget my old name, but I think it was Hugo."

• Brohoof 1

"Not lately, by the look of it," Jinx purred back, swaying her tail in amusement. "You've been the most active, if anything."

She tilted her head. "Hugo, huh? Well it's certainly less of a mouthful."

• Brohoof 1

"Sometimes you need to change yourself temporarily to get things done." Slumberfur meowed matter-of-factly. 

"Yes" His tone suddenly changed to almost threatening "But don't start calling me that, my name is Slumberfur now."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx purred, still amused by the fact, but flicked her ears. "What? Hugo is such a charming name," she joked.

She brushed her tail behind his ears. "Alright alright, Slumberfur it is then. I guess you fell asleep on duty or something to get that name?"

• Brohoof 1

"I guess you could phrase it like that." Slumberfur meowed, back to his friendly tone "I had a habit of....disappearing to take a nap." he looked thoughtful "Now that I think about it, I'm surprised I was allowed to stay." he purred amused "My mentor did his duty well, he turned lazy kittypet into a great warrior."

• Brohoof 1

"And yet, you're still Slumberfur," Jinx pointed out jokingly, purring and swaying her tail. "I suppose some things you can't live down, even if it's just napping."

She raised her chin. "I don't see the big deal, myself. On a nice day like this, I'd love nothing better than to relax in the sun."

• Brohoof 1

"There's plenty of time for relaxing in the clan too." Slumberfur pointed out "And on times like that, I live true to my name." they now arrived to the entrance of Thunderclan camp, "Aright, enough chit chat, we are here." he then went in. 

When inside, there were few warriors ready to attack, but when they saw it was Slumberfur, they calmed down and one of them said surprised "Slumberfur? You're alive." another she-cat joined them and scanned Slumberfur with her eyes "What happened to you? Is that blood?" Slumberfur shook his head calmly "It's not mine." all the warriors then backed up few steps, making room for Kitestar and Moonshine, Slumberfur bowed to Kitestar and Kitestar meowed "Welcome back Slumberfur, and you too Jinx."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx padded after Slumberfur into the camp, and lowered her ears at the brief hostility. She really didn't feel like anymore fighting.

She looked to Kitestar and flicked her ear. "Well, hopefully we've taken care of everything... right?"

• Brohoof 1

There was a slight hint of uncertainty on Kitestar's face, but she hid it quickly "It seems like it, it will take time for clans to fully recover, but there shouldn't be any more problems." "Slumberfur, get yourself cleaned up and then come to my den, I need to speak with you." Kitestar then walked away, Moonshine looked at Jinx and Slumberfur "Is either of you injured?" 

• Brohoof 1

"I'm alright I think," Jinx murmured, looking herself over. "Just long overdue some food and a nap. I think I've done enough fighting in the last few days."

She really hoped this was the end of it, she just wanted to go home.

• Brohoof 1

"I'm aright too" Slumberfur meowed as he started cleaning up himself, Moonshine nodded, "Good, you both can take something from the prey pile if you want, and don't be afraid to ask if you need herbs." she then looked at Jinx "I think I already know the answer, but Kitestar wanted to know if you would be interested to join the clan, you wouldn't be the first kittypet to make yourself useful." "The offer is open only this once."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered at the offer given to her. In the off chance that her humans actually had no more use for her, it would be nice to have an alternative. But she had to make sure first.

"Can I get some time to think about it?" she asked. "I need to make sure about something."

• Brohoof 1