Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"I suppose if something comes of this, you'll be on your way to come get me again?" Jinx mewed, half-joking. "Well, at least let me get a few naps in before I have to come back and fight for my life." She purred, gently batting his ear with her tail.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur purred, but soon turned back to his serious tone "I don't think you need to worry about that, you don't necessary even know it has happened until after its already happened." Slumberfur seemed scared about what ever he was thinking. "Whenever it happens."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm sure if something happens, I'll know about it as soon as you do," Jinx murmured, not sounding too pleased at the fact. "I have the feeling that I'm just a part of this whole situation as you are."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur sighed, it seemed that he had to go straight to the point, as little as he wanted "When double the moons finish, darkness wakes from its slumber,  but the sacrifice of cursed blood will bring new peace." "That what they told Kitestar." Slumberfur meowed with serious tone "Do you want to know what Kitestar asked me after she told that?" he didn't let Jinx answer "Slumberfur, are you still ready to give your life for this clan." he looked at Jinx scared "I'm the cursed blood."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered. She didn't like the sound of that, but wasn't sure if it was true or not. "Well, that doesn't mean you have to give your life. I'm sure we can find a way to sort all this out that ends with you alive, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"I doubt it" Slumberfur meowed with a sad tone "There's now two prophecies saying the same thing." he sighed "But what scares me is that I don't know when it happens." "Double the moons can mean anything timewise" "Or it can be literal, actual double moon."

• Brohoof 1

"As in, two moons in the sky at the same time?" Jinx muttered, sounding rather unconvinced. "That seems more than a little impossible to me. There's always been one moon, right?"

She shook her head. "There has to be something else to this."

• Brohoof 1

"It does sound impossible, that's why I think it's moons as time." Slumberfur meowed "But that leaves the question, double from what?" "How many moons is doubled?" his fur rose up "It can be anything from two moons to 38 moons, or even longer, depending on what is doubled."

• Brohoof 1

"See? It makes no sense at all," Jinx pointed out, flicking her ears uneasily. "I'm really not sure if something will come of it. Especially now that things are taken care of."

She swayed her tail high in the air. "Must have just been a bad dream or something."

• Brohoof 1

"Four dead cats didn't make sense at first either." Slumberfur pointed out, then changing to sad but reasonable sounding tone, "And really, it would make sense for me to die." "Because if I really turned when I killed each of them, that would mean they somehow became part of me." he sighed "And there's no reason to believe they have gone anywhere, even if I don't remember them." "So only way to really get rid of them would be......" he sighed again and continued more quietly ".....killing me" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered at the very idea of that. "But, it was only for a day or two! You've been back to normal for a while now, maybe they're all gone?"

She flicked her tail. "They didn't really strike me as the subtle type."

• Brohoof 1

"I wouldn't call since this morning a while." Slumberfur meowed as they arrived to the Thunderclan border "And even the prophecy said, new sun covers the darkness, it doesn't remove it, only covers, hides it." he sighed "I know you're just trying to be optimistic, but I'm afraid there is no good ending for me."

• Brohoof 1

"You're suddenly an expert on this 'prophecy' thing?" Jinx snarked, flicking an ear. "We don't know if they mean exactly what they mean."

She looked away. "You and the kits are the only family I seem to have."

• Brohoof 1

"True, but the little details are what matters."

Slumberfur poked Jinx sympatheticly "At least you can say that, I didn't have any family before joining the clan." he sighed "It's not easy to be a young kitten without a family, I barely knew how to hunt."

• Brohoof 1

"You seem to be a little better at hunting than I am," Jinx pointed out, half-joking. "Considering how effective you are at it, and at fighting as well."

She flicked her tail against him. "You need to give yourself some more credit."

(edited)

"I am now" Slumberfur pointed out "After all, I'm trained warrior." "But back then I wasn't, sure I did it now and then for fun, but I didn't catch anything most of the time." he kept a short pause "But you should have seen my mentor to know true skill."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I guess this 'mentor' of yours was one of those real forest cats," Jinx mewed, a purr of amusement in her voice. "Did he also think he was the best at everything?" She half-joked, still a little upset at how a lot of the local cats had treated her.

"Firstly, she was She, and yes, she was true clancat if you mean that." Slumberfur meowed, it was clear from his tone that he respected this cat, "And no, she was quite the opposite." "She was best at everything, yet she didn't take any pride about it." "She believed that cockiness will only cause you to become careless, and to my experience, it's true." he looked towards the sky, continuing with amused purr "But for something negative, she was also the scariest cat I have ever known."

• Brohoof 1

"Wow, nice to hear there wasn't a cat born out here who wasn't full of herself because of the fact," Jinx commented, flicking an ear indignantly.

She looked at Slumberfur, curious. "How scary was she?"

• Brohoof 1

"It's hard to describe." Slumberfur explained "But every cat in every clan knew to not make her angry." he started reminiscing "It was partly because of her size and appearance, but mostly it was because she didn't hesitate to destroy you if you got on her bad side." he purred again "I remember how terrified I was when she became my mentor." "I was just staring at her frozen."

• Brohoof 1

"She sounds nice and pleasant," Jinx commented quietly, flicking her tail. Then she realised something he was saying.

"Wait, was?" She asked. "Did something happen to her? Isn't she still around here?"

• Brohoof 1

"You would be surprised."

"No, she passed away after falling ill, she got the illness when she was defending Flameheart and the kits against rats at day of their birth." Slumberfur sighed "She was totally different cat when she was sick, calm and friendly." he purred "One of the last things she said to me was, 'This is why you don't want to get cocky'" he looked at the sky "I was surprised that she helped us and didn't even get angry that it ended up taking her life." "But I later got the explanation from Midnight."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, that's unfortunate," Jinx murmured, lowering her ears. "I'm sorry for your loss. She seemed like a nice cat."

She looked away, then back at her. "Apparently you've learned quite a bit from her, considering how you act."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"My mentor or Midnight?" Slumberfur asked, but continued quickly "Doesn't really matter, I have learned a lot from both of them" "After all, both of them have had lot more life experience than me and my mentor happens to be Midnight's mother." he continued without giving Jinx time to comment "That's why my mentor was so happy to help us, she too had had kits outside our clan, with a kittypet from all the possibilities." "She knew what it was like to hide something like that."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Ah, so you relate to her then?" Jinx purred, half-teasing her brother. She then cocked an ear. "I don't see why it's a problem that you have kits with pets. Couldn't you just train them anyway? I mean, I assume that's what happened with you."