Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

"A little bit, but it's not the reason why I respect her" Slumberfur meowed "After all, I didn't know it back then." He thought for a moment "I think the reason why I respect her so much is the fact how much she effected my life." "After all, she's the cat who made me a warrior." "And she did save my kits' life" he then sighed "And the problem with having kits with pets?" "It's comes back to what we have talked about before." "Kittypet blood is considered weak." "Warrior code forbids neglecting a kit in pain or danger, no matter who's it is, but that doesn't mean half-kittypet kits will be treated well, or the cat who has them." "And she simply couldn't risk it, she had too much to lose."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I suppose that makes sense... somewhat," Jinx murmured, glancing aside sceptically. "But cats are cats, if one can be trained a different can too, I suppose."

"Besides, how would they know they were born from pets?"

"Like said, it comes down to way of thinking" Slumberfur reminded "And how would they know?" "Maybe they wouldn't for sure, but there isn't too many options to choose from if someone doesn't have a mate, and none of them is considered good"

• Brohoof 1

"Still, I don't see what the big problem is," Jinx commented. "Whether it's a pet or a forest cat, a cat is a cat, right?"

She swayed her tail and raised her chin haughtily. "Seems a bit snobbish if you ask me."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"It's just how clancats think, there is no changing it" Slumberfur pointed out "It's the same thing as when I tried to get you to believe that kittypet life isn't as nice as you think." "You kept insisting that it's superior to our way of life" "So can you really judge?"

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx opened her mouth, then closed it and looked away, chin still raised. "I still say it's much safer. Especially after what I've had to go through out here."

She glanced toward him. "You can't deny it's a much easier life than out here."

• Brohoof 1

"That doesn't make it superior." Slumberfur simply pointed out "It may be better way to life for you, but it doesn't make it better way of life in general." he yawned "But enough about that topic, I probably should get back to camp soon."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx shook her head. "Whatever you prefer, then." She let out a yawn herself. "Yes, and I should be going home... at last."

Her fur prickled as the possibility rose up again in her head. Would her humans abandon her, or welcome her back? She was almost too scared to find out, but she had to.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur turned around and started padding towards the direction of the camp. "Goodbye, I hope your humans take you back, and we'll see if we can meet again some day." "Remember to tell the loners that I said hi."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't be afraid to come visit," Jinx purred to her brother, flicking her tail as she turned. "Unless you need me to risk my life again, in which case stay far away from me." she added jokingly.

She padded off toward the Riverclan territory. "And I'll remember to, when I see them." she finished as she made her way toward the rivers near her home. At least, she hoped it was still her home.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur returned to the camp and started his normal clan duties, and things went well, for a while.....

During the next 11 moons Slumberfur visited twolegplace few times, but also proved himself as a great warrior time and time again, having gained incredible skills from seemingly nowhere, and in his training, his apprentice rose soon to be not only better than every other apprentice, but also a very skilled warrior.

After Slumberfur had finished his time as mentor, the deputy of Thunderclan was taken over by mysterious Illness that ended up taking his life, and through popular demand, Slumberfur came to take his place, and everyone seemed pleased, everyone but him, Kitestar and Moonshine, who all had been seen looking worryingly at each other while everyone else cheered. 

But Slumberfur's fortune didn't end there, as he soon after getting over Flameheart's fate found a new mate, and it didn't take long before they had 5 healthy kits.

But good things don't last forever, and when 12th moon started, things changed. It started by Slumberfur having terrific nightmares, but it escalated quickly to the point that he disappeared during a night for almost the whole moon. Few days before the end of the moon, all four clans woke up to find their guards and leaders killed, even Smokestar who had had 8 lifes left the day before, and when they gathered up to the gathering island for emergency gathering, they found Slumberfur waiting them there, and it was clear he wasn't.....being himself. 

Fight broke out, but because the medicine cats and the former leaders had prepared for something like this, Slumberfur took only few lifes before he was slowly and painfully brough down by his and Flameheart's kits, only to be finished by no other than his own mate. 

Now, total of 13 moons after the attack of the four, silver-furred she cat was padding around twolegplace, searching for certain cat, until she someone fitting the description "Are you Jinx?"

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Thankfully for Jinx, when she returned home, her humans were more than happy to see her, and to clean her up and feed her after her ordeal. And she was more than happy to accept the pampering.

She liked seeing Slumberfur when he visited now and then, somewhat interested to hear how things were going for him. Though she wondered why he stopped visiting after a while.

On the day the silver-furred cat addressed her, the large pet had been wandering around the twolegplace, and she glanced lazily down at the newcomer from a fence. "Maybe, who's asking?"

• Brohoof 1

The she-cat rolled her eyes, these kittypets,  this wasn't the first cat not wanting to answer the question ."My name is Silversnout and I'm from Thunderclan, I have news about Slumberfur." Silversnout meowed with calm and neutral tone, but there was hint of sadness in her expression "I'm....I was his mate." "So are you Jinx or not?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was about to make a comment about 'silly forest cat names' until Silversnout brought up Slumberfur. Her aloof expression faded right away and she lifted her ears, paying attention.

"He's my brother, yes," she answered. "So you know where he is? I haven't seen him in a while."

• Brohoof 1

Silversnout lowered her ears "He's dead." "He lost his mind and had to be taken down last moon." she sighed "I was the one giving the final blow, I spare you from details, but it was terrific." it was clear that Silversnout was hiding her real emotions. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears lowered and eyes widened at the news. "He's dead...?"

She looked down and remembered the warning she'd told him about over a year ago. So it did happen...

"I wish I'd believed him," she murmured, then looked at Silversnout, trying to hide her emotions as well. "So, what do you want? Or is that what you came to say?"

• Brohoof 1

"He will be remembered as hero, even if he killed our leaders." Silversnout promised "And that's all, we don't need anything, just figured you would like to know." she looked up "For something positive, we got five kits before he lost his mind."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, that's nice," Jinx purred, pleased at the news that she was an aunt again. "I haven't seen my other nieces and nephews in a while either. I hope they're doing okay."

She swayed her tail. "I'd love to meet them sometime. Hopefully they can visit."

• Brohoof 1

"They are doing fine, all of them got injured when we fought your brother, but they will be aright." Silversnout explained "They are busy in their own clan so you probably won't see them visiting, but for my kits, I can see if I can get permission to bring them for a visit, but that has to wait for few moons because they are still too young to travel here."

• Brohoof 1

"I see," Jinx murmured, flicking an ear. "That's a shame, I'd love to meet them sooner. But if those are the rules, I suppose."

She leisurely stretched out her legs. "I'm curious, did Slumberfur ever talk about me?"

• Brohoof 1

"It has really nothing to do with the rules." Silversnout pointed out  "They really are too young to travel, they are only 3 moons old"  "It would be too dangerous."

She shrugged "Not anymore than he talked about anycat else." "He has never been the type of cat to do that."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail. "Would have been nice of him to tell his friends about me, especially after what we went through. Oh well."

She lazily washed herself. "Good to see he found another mate, at least."

• Brohoof 1

"He didn't really want to talk about what happened." Silversnout meowed quietly "But I don't blame him, I can't imagine what it is like to live knowing for sure that you will some day lose everything, without knowing when." 

"I'm glad about that too, not because I happen to be that mate, though of course I'm glad about that too, but because I saw how unhappy he was, everyone saw it, even if he claimed otherwise." "He was never a good liar."

• Brohoof 1

"That makes sense, I suppose," Jinx agreed, glancing away for a moment, then purring in amusement. "No he wasn't. I could see through him easy."

She felt a little deflated at hearing about her brother's passing, but at least he wasn't suffering anymore, she supposed.

• Brohoof 1

Silversnout stretched "I guess that's all then." "Until you want to ask something more, I'll be heading back to home, my kits are probably waiting me to get back already." "Oh, and if you ever come to visit, remember to wait on the border for patrol, that way the risk of you getting attacked is smaller."

• Brohoof 1