Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx rolled her eyes and emerged from the bush, slowly kicking some of it off her fur. "You couldn't at least attempt to cover for me?" she snarked.

She plodded over and sat down with a thud, eyeing the new cat. "So who is your friend?"

• Brohoof 1

"You know this kittypet?" the orange cat asked Slumberfur before he could say anything, looking little.....jealous? "Yes, she's our visitor for...reasons, and she happens to be my sister.." "This pest is your sister?" "..from different litter yes, most likely." Slumberfur looked little defensive when he talked about Jinx, but it wasn't clear if he was defensive for Jinx or himself.  

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's fur flared up at the orange cat's calling her a pest. She stood back up and narrowed her eyes.

"Pest?!" she hissed. "And who are you, hm?"

It was clear she had had enough of being insulted by other cats today.

• Brohoof 1

"Someone who doesn't steal food from others and sleep in their territory!" the orange cat hissed back, Slumberfur walked between the two cats, "Calm down both of you!" He first looked at Jinx, "You will be utterly destroyed if you pick a fight with a warrior." he then turned at the orange cat, "And you know what I have to do if you do so." the orange cat seemed to calm down, but she didn't look happy "Fine, but if I see this pest anywhere close to them, or close to my territory, I'll shred her."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx lashed her tail and raised her chin above the the orange cat to give herself an air of superiority.

"Like I'd want to go near you anyway," she remarked. "Honestly, are bad manners a necessity to live here?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When Jinx raised her chin, the orange cat did exactly the same, she wasn't going to let Jinx think she was better than her, "Bad manners?" "Hah, like you know anything about manners, thief." Slumberfur seemed to be thinking. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Is it really stealing if you have more than enough to go around?" Jinx huffed, raising her chin a little higher, not to be outdone by the orange cat. "Besides, I am not the one going around throwing insults because they don't live in my garden."

• Brohoof 1

"You have more than enough," Jinx retorted, raising her chin as high as possible, "so it just sounds like greed to me."

She lashed her tail. "Besides, I'm being kept here because you cats are too bloodthirsty to let me go home safely!"

• Brohoof 1

The orange cat seemed to get new anger from somewhere when she hissed, getting closer to Jinx "You dare to compare me to those war-thirsty tomcats!" "I had to hide my kits from them, and you dare to compare me to them!" She was going to continue, but Slumberfur cut her short by grabbing her from her neck, forcing her to calm down.

• Brohoof 1

"Considering every single cat I've met out here has been rude to me," Jinx hissed, her haughty posture unfettered.

She narrowed her eyes at her. "So if you're not one of them, just who are you then?"

• Brohoof 1

The orange cat quickly returned her chin back up when Slumberfur let go, not letting Jinx to think she had won "You do know that rude isn't the same as bloodthirsty right?" "And who am I?" the cat looked Jinx right into her eyes "I'm proud Riverclan warrior who doesn't like arrogant thieves, and if it wasn't for certain things, you would be regreting ever being born."

• Brohoof 1

"You're so scary," Jinx snarked, narrowing her eyes at the ginger cat. "So what if a few fish go missing every other day? You have plenty more to go around. Why should you get to keep it all to yourself?"

(edited)

"Am I now?" the orange cat said as she dashed towards Jinx and put her paw next to her throat, claws out, so close that Jinx could feel them, staring her right into her eyes. Slumberfur came to interfere, almost slamming down the orange cat's paw back to the ground and looking her right to her eyes as he meowed "You're not being yourself Flameheart, go back to your territory before you do something you don't want to do." 

Flameheart looked at Slumberfur, looking almost...confused, but she then silently meowed "You're right" before padding away. 

Slumberfur then turned towards Jinx "Stealing is not about what you have, it's about respect." "By hunting on clan's territory, not only do you disrespect them by doing so, but you also already disrespected their borders"

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx flinched every so slightly at the orange cat's lunge, and was relieved when Slumberfur called her off.

At his comment, she flicked her tail and turned her head away. "Why does everyone act like I was supposed to know all this at the time? All I knew was there were rivers with tasty fish near my home, and a bunch of antisocial cats prowling around them."

• Brohoof 1

"That ignorance is part of the fact why kittypets get insulted." Slumberfur explained calmly, sounding almost friendly "Because unlike rogues and loners, kittypets usually don't even know what territory is." "And when you add that to their lack of skills and such, it becomes apparent that kittypet is opposite of Clan cat, thus they are the example for what not to be." He then looked Jinx into her eyes, looking rather serious "But that aside, How much did you hear from our conversation?"

• Brohoof 1

"It's not really fair to make fun of 'kittypets' for not understanding your customs," Jinx pointed out matter-of-factly, idly flicking her tail. "That's like insulting a newborn kitten for not knowing how to pounce."

She glanced aside at Slumberfur. "Not much, I didn't really understand it. You may as well tell me--it's not like I have anyone else to tell it to who would care."

• Brohoof 1

"Not really" Slumberfur argued "Kit will always learn to pounce, but kittypets tend to never understand clan life." "There is exceptions of course" he added before Jinx could point out that he used to be one, "But exceptions don't change the fact.". "And I rather not tell you, don't want to risk you telling it to someone by accident."

• Brohoof 1

"I still say it's rather unfair to make fun of cats who don't understand your lifestyle," Jinx pointed out matter-of-factly, raising her chin in thinking she had the final word.

She looked right at him. "Again, I don't know anyone who would care what you were doing. Besides, if we are indeed related, should we not learn to trust each other?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Since kittypets make fun of clan cats, when they themselves don't understand the clan lifestyle, I think it's totally fair." Slumberfur pointed out "Not that it matters if it's fair or not, it still happens."

"And I didn't say you would tell someone, I said you would tell by accident." "There is four clans of cats who would care, they could be eavesdropping or something." He then added so quietly that it wasn't sure if he meant to say it out loud "Though I guess it would be fair for you to know since you're technically related..."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Fair enough," Jinx admitted, flicking her tail, "I can see why they would. Cats tend to make fun of things they don't understand. I suppose I owe an apology..." she added begrudgingly.

She looked around, to see if she could spot any other cats nearby. "Good point... perhaps we should go somewhere more private?" She nodded in the direction of the twoleg nest. 

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur shook his head "No, the risk of someone overhearing us is lowest here because we are outside the territories, and if someone is eavesdropping, they would most likely follow us no matter where we go." Slumberfur then started listening and smelling to spot any possible eavesdroppers, and after not picking up any indication of other cats being near, he sighed before meowing quietly, "The kits Flameheart was talking about when she lashed out, they're ours, Flameheart's and mine"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's eyes widened in surprise, granting Slumberfur a brief break from her usual nonchalant gaze. She certainly hadn't expected to hear something like that.

"So you're going to be a father?" she summed up, and then added with some actual honesty and a purr, "Congratulations then! I always wondered if I would be an aunt one day."

She blinked and tilted her head, realising something. "Wait, why don't you want anyone knowing about this? Isn't becoming a father good news?"

• Brohoof 1

"Not going to be, but already am." Slumberfur corrected "And it would be good thing if it wasn't for the fact the we are from different clans." he sighed, it wasn't a surprise Jinx didn't understand the problem, "You see, though it isn't directly forbidden thing to happen, it's seen as a bad thing." "And the kits usually will suffer from insults and such for being half-blood." "And it always brings up the questioning of loyalty." "Also, in this case it would be even worse, since I used to be a kittypet."

• Brohoof 1