Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Kitestar turned towards Moonshine and she nodded. She explained that it sounds like that Jinx had seen some kind of vision, she admitted that she wasn't able to know for sure that it was Starclan that had shown it, but she was confident that it indeed was a vision and not a random dream. 

Kitestar added to Moonshine's explanation that the strange phrase could be omen of some sort, and Moonshine nodded in agreement.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail as she took in this information. All this talk about visions and omens was starting to sound like these cats were taking some catnip. It didn't help that she could smell it in here.

"I see," she mewed, deciding to go along with it. "So what do I do with this... omen?"

• Brohoof 1

Moonshine recommended to try and find out what it means. She explained that they never are clear and sometimes the meaning comes up with time, but that when it happens, it usually makes sense. She then added that there may be also more dreams that clarify it, but that it's not guaranteed.

Jinx just sat there and listened to Moonshine. And once again, she didn't understand what the medicine cat was trying to say.

"How am I meant to find out what it means?" She asked, running her paw behind her ear. "Am I meant to have more dreams?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Moonshine admitted that she didn't know, that sometimes they make sense when you just think about them, but other times their meaning isn't clear until after it comes true, there was no one certain way. She then repeated that more dreams might come or might not, that it's not guaranteed.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx was slowly losing her patience with all this cryptic information. She could barely understand her dream and this cat was not making it any better for her.

"I suppose I'll have to figure it out myself then," she mewed, swaying her tail lazily. "Is there anything else before I can go to this... 'nest'?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kitestar looked surprised that Jinx had chosen to stay.

She said that only thing is that Jinx have to make sure that she doesn't bother the clancats who are hunting, practicing or doing other important clan things but that other than that there isn't anything else, and that she will order Slumberfur to show Jinx the place.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx nodded, then took a slow look around at her surroundings. She still wasn't convinced that this was worth her time, but she didn't particularly want to be attacked for not complying.

"So, what will I do about food then?" She asked what she considered was the most important question.

• Brohoof 1

Kitestar simply answered that hunt, that there is plenty of mice and other small animals around and inside the twoleg nest, and that they are easy to catch, even for a kittypet. 
She then walked outside the den and called Slumberfur who was cheering up the apprentices to her. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and followed after Kitestar, not liking the idea of hunting. That required work, something she was not used to doing.

"Isn't there an easy way?" She sighed, slowly padding after the leader.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kitestar rolled her eyes, and answered that staying quiet until food walks to your paws isn't that hard.

When Slumberfur came, Kitestar told everything he needed to know, and ordered him to show Jinx the way to the abandoned Twoleg nest.  She also ordered him to stay close to the nest until ordered otherwise, she then padded towards the Highrock, leaving Jinx with Slumberfur. Slumberfur looked at Jinx "Let's go."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Hmph, that sounds easy I suppose," Jinx agreed, glancing aside indignantly. In fact, she liked the sound of that. Food literally coming to her sounded heavenly.

She looked at Slumberfur and let out a little yawn. "Yes, I suppose. I need to catch up on my nap anyway. I'm sure you understand, Slumberfur."

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur shrugged "Barely, because I don't need to take naps, I just like to do so" It was true that his name was accurate when it came to his habits, but they would never hinder his duties for the clan. He led Jinx out of the camp, and as they exited, Kitestar called clan under the Highrock to inform the rest of the clan about Jinx. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx overheard Kitestar calling the Clan for the meeting, then rolled her eyes. "I suppose she's going to speak nonsense about me. About how I'm going to be a hassle or something."

Her tail flicked as she glanced around. "I'm only going to be staying at this 'nest' of yours until whatever is going on is settled."

• Brohoof 1

"Nonsense?" "If telling not to attack you on sight is nonsense, then sure." Slumberfur pointed out.

"The Twoleg nest or whatever you call it, is similar to the one where you live." "Difference of course being that there is no twolegs, only mice." "Oh, and since you are staying here, what's your name? or do I just call you kittypet the whole time?"

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tutted and rolled her eyes. "Fine, fine."

She listened to Slumberfur's explanation, and supposed she wouldn't mind a whole house to herself if the mice were easy to catch. "It's about time you had the politeness to ask. My name is Jinx."

"Jinx.. aright."

Slumberfur led Jinx along the old Thunderpath until they reached the abandoned twolegs' nest. "Here, it is, and there is the way in." he pointed at a hole that was big enough to cat go through. "I'm going to be somewhere around here, but I won't come in the nest." 

Suddenly Slumberfur's neck fur rose, he got feeling like something was watching him, though he couldn't sense anything. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx looked up at the abandoned 'twoleg nest', not exactly looking excited to go inside.

"Well, I suppose it doesn't look like it will collapse over me in the night," she decided and padded up to the hole. "Thank you then." She squirmed through the hole, wiggling a bit before popping inside.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't reply to Jinx and was using all of his senses to try and sense something, but after failing again he thought to himself that he has to be imagining it and with smooth moves he climbed to one of the close by trees and laid down to one of its big enough branches, keeping his eye on the twoleg nest, still having the feeling of being watched.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx wandered around the twoleg nest, looking around for either somewhere to sleep or something to eat. Either would be nice right now.

She managed to find some kind of blanket in a corner and settled down. It wasn't nearly as comfy as her real home, but if she was stuck there for a while, she thought she might as well catch up on her nap at last.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

After some time of feeling watched, Slumberfur noticed dark cat close to the Twolegs' nest where Jinx was. Slumberfur jumped down from the tree, stalking the cat, it wasn't Thunderclan cat, but it didn't seem to worry about being seen.

The cat entered the nest through the hole and even though Slumberfur didn't really want to, he followed the cat in.
As he followed, he noticed that instead of leaving recognizable scent behind it, the unknown cat seemed to leave faint scent of......death behind.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx, meanwhile, was still fast asleep inside. Either she hadn't noticed the hollow, stale scent the newcomer was leaving, or she was too fast asleep to realise.

She seemed to be peaceful, at least for the moment.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The dark cat moved smoothly and quickly past sleeping Jinx and climbed on a wooden panel attached to a wall (shelf) where light from the broken roof illuminated it.

Slumbefur now saw the cat fully and recognized the green eyed cat from his dream. The twolegs' nest was filled with the cat's scent but it was only faint and nowhere near as bad as in Slumberfur's dream.  

Slumberfur observed the cat from the shadows when it sat down and pushed something down to the floor, causing a loud noise. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

The loud noise caused Jinx to stir from her nap, and she let out an irritated growl as she roused her head from the blanket.

Her ears twitched as her narrowed eyes scanned the room for the cause of the sound. "Now what...?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Dark cat observed Jinx's reaction and meowed without emotion "Ah, as expected.", before turning towards Slumberfur who was hiding in the shadows 

"Slumberfur was it? It seems you didn't listen our suggestion to return to your kittypet life, but instead, you brought another one here."  The cat jumped down to the floor "Though, that was to be expected from you." "So did you....!? Slumberfur tried but was cut short "...kill the clan cats? yes."

Slumberfur attacked the cat but got effortlessly pushed back, and though he got a hit with his claws, the cat didn't even wince.

Nonetheless, Slumberfur tried again few times before he accepted that it was no use, that even if he managed to get a hit, the cat didn't react, it didn't even fight back. "Done?" the cat asked, still sounding emotionless.

Slumberfur didn't reply, he just licked his paw to get off the small amount of fur he managed to tear from the dark cat, only to realize that it tasted like crow-food.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1