Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any special nicknames for your parents?

Discordian

I sometimes call my parents Mrs Mom and Mr Dad (in Turkish, Anne Hanim and Babam Bey). Occasionally I also refer to my father as "this man" ("bu adam") or "the dude" ("herif"), it cracks him up.

Edited by Feather Spiral

• 1 year later...

I don't have nicknames....I don't even call them "mom" or "dad". Oddly enough, it just sounds too childish for me. I'll say "mother" and "father" when describing them to someone else, but that's about it. 

I generally avoid using names, I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable using them, I'd rather refer to "you" "he" "she" etc, I only use names when necessary but usually when I talk to my parents, I'm barely refering to them at all, nothing like mom, dad, mother, father or anything, sometimes I just say hey... or anything but I can't really remember calling them my parents.

I simply refer to my parents as mom or dad.

I did have a nickname for one of my grandfathers though. I used to call him poopah every now and again, it started as a mispronunciation when I was young and we both thought it was pretty funny. We were more like close friends than relatives, honestly.

Edited by Celtore

I usually just call them mom and dad. Some times I say it in a different a language just because (padre, madre; otou-san, okaa-san etc.), but that's pretty much the same thing.

It's pretty rare, but I did call mom "lady" every once in a while. No doubt I picked it up from Animaniacs. 

My mother's name is Clare, a few years ago she told me about how when we were little we couldn't say her name properly and called her Tware instead. Since she told us I've started calling her Tware now and then :P

Can't say i do anymore..

Just mother and father (and for some reason someone when i was in the military gave me shit over this. to them it MUST be "Mom and Dad"..... ooookay...)

Was a time I was just "demon child" and my mother (to me) was that fat smoker lady (In my head though it was actual the smoker bit*&)... Yeah.. we didn't get along very well back then.

Changed when I went to bootcamp and she quit smoking and found a bible instead.

Now she's a nurse, and I'm training to become one :P

I do have a special nickname for them, but I have not tried on them yet, I'm am very sure that those nicknames will piss them off (Keep this a secret to all of us, not my parents)

As for my mum, I nicknamed her "Lady Nag-a-lot" because she really likes to nag.

As for my dad, I nicknamed him "Sir Fluttershy-ish". He is so like the Fluttershy type, the one who like to frolic with nature and enjoys to be lonely and trust me guys, he has never scold me in my entire life. 

• 5 years later...

I just call my mom "Mom" or sometimes I refer to her as "Mommy" if I'm talking to my little sister.

Now for my dad, he's just "Daddy" to me. 

The list of nicknames they have for me though is never-ending. :bea:

• Brohoof 1

I used to refer to my mom as “mum”, she used to find it funny, now she won’t talk to me anymore so I just say mom now.  I call my male parent, “male parent” since he was never really there to be a dad to my brother and myself.  I still say dad in polite company since I don’t want to confuse people.

Mom and Dad

HOWEVER My mom is in my phone as "White Menace" :laugh: (there is a story behind how that came about.)

It's been pretty funny in front of a couple friends and cousins over the years when my phone was ringing and they saw it and were like, "Who the heck is that?!?!

I just answered "Oh it's just my mom."

They would either LOL or be like...

weirdspaceboy.png.dc000d405be2142ad188578028236caf.png