Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fight for the Day[Orchestral]

Ocean Melody

Ok. It's an ok listen.

I see you have the idea, but you need to work on your execution. You had too many instruments playing the melody line and your instrument samples had a cut, which was quite a distraction, especially on your strings. Your strings need varying harmonies on each line. In the first part where the pizzacato strings enter, low arco strings running on syncopated accents would work perfectly there. This will give your piece the epic chugging low strings. 

You need more brass running on harmonies. I see you had trumpets and trombones. Add some french horns performing small licks every here and then. Next, add a backup brass line running a horn ensemble to give your piece some strong lower harmonies. You ran too much of your brass on the melody line, plus the samples you were using were quite thin and weak. It would be best to invest in some stronger brass samples. 

Your percussion needs the most work. You used the tambourine too much and needed support from some chimes, timpani and perhaps a gong strike at the top of certain phrases. Remember, a phrase is either 4 or 8 bars. Sometimes, they can be a whole 16 bars for orchestral music. A gong strike is a highlight, so this piece could definately use some here and there. 

All in all, this piece needs a lot of work in terms of execution, melodic assignment, harmony and percussion work. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at any time.