Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

in love with a fictional character?

Zyrael

No. I can't recall actually having a legitimate crush on a fictional character. The concept is just a little bit strange to me.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Envy said:

No. I can't recall actually having a legitimate crush on a fictional character. The concept is just a little bit strange to me.

This concept would only make sense to those who have trouble distinguishing between what is fantasy and what is reality, or people who just want to use anything as a means of escapism, or people who are simply lonely virgins. Sadly, it's the latter along with the middle.

(edited)

Back when Frozen first came out I was absolutley in love with Elsa. She was my favorite charcter from that movie. That's basically the only time besides when I got really into shipping korasami that I read a bunch of fan fiction. But then the Frozen hype died down and I lost interest.

P.S

That little snippet of the new song from the trailer for Olaf's Frozen Adventure, was fantastic. I'm already in love with that song and I haven't even scene the short yet. Also I can't say I'm entirley excited for Coco. Mostly because there was a animated movie called The Book Of Life that came out a few years ago that had the same premise.

Edited by Tilgoreth

17 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

Back when Frozen first came out I was absolutley in love with Elsa. She was my favorite charcter from that movie. That's basically the only time besides when I got really into shipping korasami that I read a bunch of fan fiction. But then the Frozen hype died down and I lost interest.

P.S

That little snippet of the new song from the trailer for Olaf's Frozen Adventure, was fantastic. I'm already in love with that song and I haven't even scene the short yet. Also I can't say I'm entirley excited for Coco. Mostly because there was a animated movie called The Book Of Life that came out a few years ago that had the same premise.

I also forgot aboue Mirage the bat. As a kid I watched the Sonic X anime. And I had a big crush on her as a kid. And I still think she looked sort of sexy. But she was really sexualized. They gave her humans boobs! :D

Wait.......what,...............no.............NO! Wh...........who on Earth would..................not me........................no. I..........I...............I............uhhhhhhhhhh...........I'm out of here. 

5 hours later at Rarity The Supreme's house - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU RARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TOU IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Rarity the Supreme is extremely lonely.........)

• Brohoof 2

I think it can be really cute. I saw some people who really had a deep investment in certain ponies and it helped them out in life.
Ponies are really nice, especially the headcanon ones. So it's no miracle that people want to... befriend them. 

Just don't show much power level irl and have a sense of reality and it can be a fun quirk or self help thing.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... Going two or three different ways with this... Pony Waifu would have to be Twilight. I can kinda relate to her. She's smart and funny and doesn't really take any guff from anyone. Fiction (not MLP or Anime) Waifu would probably be... I'd have to go with Elena or Menolly, Elena from the Women of the Otherworld series of books and Menolly from the Otherworld series. Elena is, in her series, the only female werewolf in existance, besides her daughter now as of the most recent (that I've read) book. Menolly is a badass vampire chick who is also half fae. She was half human but when she was turned into a vampire by a sadist, her human half died and she became half fae-half demon, since Vampires can be considered demons in that series.

Problem with Menolly is, physically, she's about 13. She was turned young, and vampires don't physically age. Being half fae, however, she's around 50 or so years old. So... I dunno if she'd qualify as a milf or not, since she's still a teen physically.

Problem with Elena, besides her daughter, is her husband. A beef cake of a werewolf named Clayton who is always closer to the wolf than the man because he was feral for a long time, meaning no pack or outside contact with humans.

I think that falling in love with a fictional character is unhealthy, however, if the question was reconstructed so that it said "if a fictional character was real, for who would you fall in love?"

In that case, I think I would fell in love of sunset shimmer, she has every characteristic I am looking in a partner. And I know that personalities traits can be found in real life, sunset is just a perfect representation of how I would like my gf to be.

so... yeah.. sunset 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/22/2017 at 8:13 PM, ValieShy said:

Oh, I do. In love with Fluttershy for years now. Though I wouldn't call it unhealthy, per se. I try to use the feelings I have for her to become a better person. More outgoing, more happy...like I'm doing things for her, you know?

i feel you my brother:D  i  feel her lifestyle is the most relaxing and fulfilling ever.it like if someone ask you what u do with your live and you say "yeah i live in a quiet corner of the woods,caring and loving for woodland critters". to me thats the definition of a fulfilling life 

Edited by woodchunks66
  • Brohoof 2

Fenris from Dragon Age 2 is my husbando, he's such a sweetheart.  Not to mention that voice, ugh, don't even get me started~! :wub:  I look forward to the day that he may show up in a newer Dragon Age game beyond some small mention.  I would've loved to see him in Dragon Age: Inquisition, missed opportunity.

To be honest I have a hard time thinking of 2D characters I don't have some little crush on. With some it's superficial, with others it's an obsession. The fact is, I love these characters. They bring light to my life and I care about them. They're not just two dimensional renderings on an animator's work table, but living, breathing beings; actors have imbued them with personalities, artists with beauty and character, writers with the substance that makes them real. I have a particular love for most Disney characters but it's not limited to just those. 

I couldn't imagine life without these special characters, it would be much too painful and empty. :twi:

• Brohoof 3

If we're talking about infatuation, I did when I was really young (single digits). There were a few. Got over that quickly, though.

It's difficult for me to "fall in love" with a real person these days, let alone a fictional character. I've been burned enough times to know otherwise.

Very much so.

I have a crush on many anime characters but really only consider myself to be actually in love with a select few. I'd say it's a little obsessive.

:please:

YESS xD ever since I was little I was crushing on fictional characters lol

at the moment it would be: Flash Sentry (dont hate me), Peter Parker (Spidey), Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Kenai from Brother Bear, Tarzan and Sasuke from Naruto xD

9 minutes ago, Violet_S said:

YESS xD ever since I was little I was crushing on fictional characters lol

at the moment it would be: Flash Sentry (dont hate me), Peter Parker (Spidey), Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Kenai from Brother Bear, Tarzan and Sasuke from Naruto xD

You like Flash Sentry? That's awesome! Me too at times!

Also, depictions of an older Spike the Dragon has me burning with passion.

Meanwhile,  My Changeling Counterpart has an unspoken crush on Thorax, before and after his ascension to Changeling King!

• Brohoof 2

I cant say i've ever fallen in "love" with a fictional character but I wouldnt judge someone for having a "waifu" or just a crush on one. I can say I've found several characters attractive both physically and personality wise.

Tho there ARE limits...

mmxhXLH.jpg

I was obsessed with Eleanor and Jeanette from Alvin and the Chipmunks I was younger.

Eleanor.png.0a9e22c88f7b9f849bdb5e2875db3f7e.pngJeanette.png.05c7782960e08500ec2d2994572afc2a.png

I still love them, but I'm only "romantically" attracted to adult versions of the characters (it would be really creepy otherwise! :blink:)

I also adore Rarity, Twilight and Pinkie.