Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apples, Pears, and Oranges? Where does the latter fit?

ManaMinori

(edited)

so now that the Apple kids' parents were revealed, lets talk about why "Aunt/ Uncle Orange" was never seen in the flashbacks. One of them has to be a sibling to Bright Mac or Pear Butter, right? So where do the Orange's fit in, and why were the Apple siblings more surprised to find out they were part pear, if they knew they're already part Orange?

(and lets not forget Great Granduncle Chili Pepper, from the comics!)

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I coulda sworn the mom was an Orange, which is how I thought they'd fit. But Iunno, maybe Aunt Orange was an Apple who married Uncle Orange, and then came Babs!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 2

There's the Pie family too. Golden Delicious's similarities to Pinkie seem to hint they are related after all. I wonder if there's a food named family that isn't connected to the apples...and how long that will last at this rate. One of the Oranges could have been a distant brother or sister that no longer lived on the Apple farm. The Apple siblings likely reacted with shock since, while the Oranges are just part of the Apple family, as far as they seemed to know the Pears and the Apples had always had a long-standing feud, hating each other's guts, they likely didn't think Apples and Pears would get along, let alone get married.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's Uncle and Aunt Orange that live in Manehattan. It's from the episode about how Applejack got her cutie mark.

You could go even further, do they have exotic distant relatives, like the pomegranates or the dates, from Saddle Arabia?

Edited by Pinkie_Pi

7 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I coulda sworn the mom was an Orange, which is how I thought they'd fit. But Iunno, maybe Aunt Orange was an Apple who married Uncle Orange, and then came Babs!

This could work, but I think there was nobody by hasbro who was thinking about it. I get the feeling they don't care about the details. :huh:

6 hours ago, RareBase said:

There's the Pie family too. Golden Delicious's similarities to Pinkie seem to hint they are related after all. I wonder if there's a food named family that isn't connected to the apples...and how long that will last at this rate. One of the Oranges could have been a distant brother or sister that no longer lived on the Apple farm. The Apple siblings likely reacted with shock since, while the Oranges are just part of the Apple family, as far as they seemed to know the Pears and the Apples had always had a long-standing feud, hating each other's guts, they likely didn't think Apples and Pears would get along, let alone get married.

I was thinking of the pies too. I hope there comes a family tree in an upcoming episode or sokething like that. :orly: