Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Did you cry during The Perfect Pear?

Dark Qiviut

1 hour ago, StormBlaze said:

*ahem* for future, Stormblaze is a she, thanks. 

I dont know why people assume im a guy >.> 

Stormblaze name is too badass for female ;)). Call me sexist however you want but that what first come to my mind ;).

@Dark Qiviut had the video that accompanied the episode topic header cued up to the song part, so I saw that first.

The song was very sweet and emotional and just from that alone I could tell this was going to be a very different episode from the usual fare.

But then I remembered this adorable couple were both gone in the present day and it got me all choked up.

Okay, maybe more than a little choked up... ≤_≤

• Brohoof 1

I have come closer and closer to this the more I have watched it and surprisingly, not because of Mac and Buttercup, but rather because of Grand Pear. I feel, really, REALLY bad for him. He missed out on so much because of his own anger, most notably, his daughter, whom we can assume is dead. That gets to me, especially when he apologizes to the siblings near the end.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, but I can see why others did and can say that many scenes (like Pear Butter's song) were very emotional. I watered up a bit, but sucked them back in :3

(edited)

When Applejack revealed the tree near the end to everypony, that special tree commemorated their parent's love and legacy for them. Knowing that signifies the bond between the two even after they past away was a moment that left me astonished and melancholic. Truly a bittersweet revelation that eventually made me felt weak to my knees and expressed sorrow for the Apple family. I just wanted to hug the Apple siblings and to share may sadness. 

Edited by Star Trail
  • Brohoof 2

I never once cried because the episode wasn't really all that emotional for me in that sense. I know it was for the characters and rightfully so as they finally learned the truth about their parents, but since the age demographic for the show is what it is, they weren't really able to go all out with the emotions as Hasbro wouldn't have allowed the writers to cover specific subjects.

I finally got around to watching A Perfect Pear in its entirety and it was everything that I expected and more. :) OK, I admit I'm a sucker for sappy songs and Like a Catchy Song was the best MLP tearjerker for me since A True True Friend.  But there were other moments I felt my eyes well up including the first time I saw Bright Mac wearing the same kind of hat AJ does. Grand Pear's expression of remorse was also touching. And even though we knew it was coming seeing the combined tree at the end managed to be powerful as well. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not gonna lie to youz, I did tear up watching that episode, can't remember which parts, I think it was the scene were Grandpear got angry at Buttercup and disowning her and left her, and also the last part in were GP regrets what he did and all. Yeah, guess those are the scenes that dropped the Feels Bomb on me. :(

• Brohoof 2

Yep. It hit so close to home. My wife and I had a hard time with our families when we were courting - and when we got married, it was just crazy attitudes and to this day both of us don't talk to some of our family. I read some ponies say that the reason for the feud wasn't realistic - well, I've seen family fights over things much more trivial.

Pearbutter was so much like my wife - quiet, gentle, a bit timid and just so damn beautiful. Every time Pearbutter blushed I just couldn't take it - lol.

Funny thing is, I made my wife blush into a tomato when I called her 'my little muffin' in front of her friends before we were even dating. Hilarious!!!!

So if I didn't cry when watching that, I'd be a monster.

Miss you dad! Sorry I didn't marry the girl you wanted me to.

• Brohoof 6

No actual tears (only CotLM did that only because of my attachment to SB and DT) but man did my heart beat speed up during that song and especially at the very end with that reveal of the tree, I started to feel misty-eyed.

22 hours ago, Mirage77 said:

Yep. It hit so close to home. My wife and I had a hard time with our families when we were courting - and when we got married, it was just crazy attitudes and to this day both of us don't talk to some of our family. I read some ponies say that the reason for the feud wasn't realistic - well, I've seen family fights over things much more trivial.

Pearbutter was so much like my wife - quiet, gentle, a bit timid and just so damn beautiful. Every time Pearbutter blushed I just couldn't take it - lol.

Funny thing is, I made my wife blush into a tomato when I called her 'my little muffin' in front of her friends before we were even dating. Hilarious!!!!

Aww 

Strong men also cry, and I was one of them. Pear Butter's song was so beautiful, I couldn't help myself. This episode has got to be one of the best episodes to come out of the series so far, and it will be one of my favorites for a long time thanks to Bright Mac and Pear Butter.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/4/2017 at 5:38 PM, Mirage77 said:

This is another reason why this episode is freaking spectacular. The way that it makes some look at aspects of their past, or other people's past, leaves me in awe. When any form of media can do that, it reaches a different level of success. 

I'm glad you shared that Mirage. It's the personal connections that we make with the show during episodes like this that I am fond of reading. It makes the show feel a bit like a shared experience, and the people who share the emotional connects more than a friendly pony avatar on a screen. 

• Brohoof 2

On 4-8-2017 at 11:38 PM, Mirage77 said:

That's so incredible amazing. My family has a three fueds between my grandma and her sisters and my mother and her mother in law. Thanks to that, I never even met some family members. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Hierok said:

That's so incredible amazing. My family has a three fueds between my grandma and her sisters and my mother and her mother in law. Thanks to that, I never even met some family members. :adorkable:

I'm very sorry to hear about that man. Getting caught in the middle like that can be hard - its like, you want to fix it, but there's probably nothing you can do. Family fights are just the worst! But the episode pretty much points out the only solution - humility and forgiveness - with humility being the highest possible achievement of our intellect.

• Brohoof 3