Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is your year going?

PlzDelete

2 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

This year started off on a strange note. I had surgery and have been recovering ever since. It went well and I've had lots of support as well as countless blessings. That's why I won't say it had a negative start, just not the typical kind of thing. Beyond that, it's been busy but in a good way. I don't know where the rest of this year will take me; I wasn't able to put my usual resources into play for my yearly vacation and other things, but I'm still keeping a positive outlook and finding ways to accomplish certain goals with somewhat limited means. It'll work itself out and everything will find its balance, I have faith. :) 

I have faith too. :) 

2 hours ago, DeltaWither said:

To me, this year will always be the year when Club Penguin died. There went a good chunk of my childhood. 

I saw a video on Mini Ladd's channel about that. 

(edited)

My Year has been going great! I am going on Holiday next month and my School Tests went really well. We have also had a large amount of sunshine in Ireland compared to some other summers that I have had.

Everyone in my Family have also been having good news and have been healthy. Sure, it could take a turn for the worse. But, it's been going great so far.
I have made many friends, this year and are finally becoming social again after around 3 years of online and social silence due to my mental health at the time. It's been an amazing year so far.

5 hours ago, DeltaWither said:

To me, this year will always be the year when Club Penguin died. There went a good chunk of my childhood. 

I know the feeling. I played a lot of MMO games in my childhood. A huge chunk of them later shut down due to rising costs. Games that I played as a Child which have closed down include Club Penguin, Toontown Online, Lego Universe and Fusion Fall. Luckily for you and I, many of these games have Private Servers either near completion, completed or in development. So likely, we will get to play these games for the nostalgia in the future. Although, the wait for them to be complete is intense and I am very upset that a lot of my gaming childhood had to be shut down. It still feels like I have lost something when I think of all these games. But, I don't like to dwell on it for a long period of time.

Edited by MoTusNua
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Prophet said:

Kinda sad. My second dad got stage four cancer. 

He is still alive but he isn't looking very good. On a positive note I moved and I started collage

I really hope he gets better soon. At least you get to start learning things you want! 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I love this year. After 2016 was one of really bad (actually not so bad because of one sweet little miss, who was a lantern in darkness for me ^3^), to fix the balance life gave me 2017, definitely one of the best. Now everything looks so clear. I achieved some big goals for this year and others look very real to reach them too ^-^

I wish you all the best, my dear ponies ^-^

On 6/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, Prophet said:

Oh, Proph. I wish you to handle with it from all my heart.

• Brohoof 1

quite good, so much better than last year, only problem is saving money so we can go on holidays or days out etc. Its the only thing blocking us. But our homelife is great, the fact that we share chores and cooking still amazes me. lol

The big test is seeing how this year's Lakes trip goes. First time in years Ive brought someone up with me. Should be a good one. 

• Brohoof 1

Going from graduating high school to living by myself in a little over 6 months. It's been pretty crazy and having one of my career choices being pushed back wasn't that good. But overall it's been interesting 

• Brohoof 1

Not bad. Finished my B.Sc, Got hired for a good job, married, moved to a new place and bought a new car. Took a while, and it was close for a bit, but my stubbornness paid off.

All in all, I couldn't be more happy. Sure there are problems but isn't it just enough to be alive?

In the end only you can steer your life clear of the bad crap tainting it. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience and determination to get what you want out of life.

2017 so far... lets see...

Actors and famous people I like are dropping like flies

I've been abandoned by, or abandoned (depends on speculation) close friends of mine

I realized just how much I hate my job, and lots of cool people from my job are leaving

I've been heart broken 4 times this year

I'm at the point where I'm about to cut my losses with YouTube and give up after 4 years of hard work and trying

I feel like I'm slowly becoming psychotic, though its probably just in my head

and my best friend is on the verge of killing himself... me, his dog, his mother, and his therapists seem to be the only people left who care about him

Lots of negatives, but still no where nearly as bad as 2013... that was my lowest point in life. Plus there are some positives.

I've improved greatly on my art and have made 3 drawings with out the aid of someone's base

I discovered how awesome Friday The 13th is

I've improved on my video editing skills

I got new parts, turning my cheapish computer into a decently running gaming computer

I'm making a Part 6 Jason Voorhees cosplay out of clothing and props I bought from around the internet... and it actually looks good so far

I'll be going on my first ever camping trip this year... and yes I intend on bringing the Jason Voorhees costume with me

and I'm taking an interest in learning how to make EDM songs, I even found a class that can teach me

So overall this year has had quite a lot of drama, but I've endured worse. Though its also had its fair share of positive improvements... So in all honesty its leaning more towards a good year, but barely.

Since the holidays started, the year's been going a bit better. I feel more relaxed and stuff, still have hope that it will end up decent in the end.:D

It's not bad, I successfully completed my first year of university and made a lot of new friends while doing so. I also finally got to live out my dreams as a traveller and spent a month touring Europe with a friend so I finally got to see a lot of countries on my wishlist like Denmark but also a bunch more I never particularly wanted to go to but turned out to be awesome like Hungary and Norway.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly my year is actually going quite swell,it's not perfect tho XD.I've made lots of mistakes so far and I'll continue to do so,But,that's just a part of being human.I hope for the rest of my year to be awesome.:squee: 

My year has gone somewhat well. I passed my first year in university. On the other hand, my beta-blockers aren't working well and I foresee a long waiting list to get to the hospital because it's not urgent, but it means that I can't learn how to drive and my provisional licence is going to run out, so I'll have to do that again when I'm certain that I'll be able to drive safely.

My year has been a mixed bag but I'll try keeping to the positive.  My transition has gone well, so far a bit slower than I expected but I'm not complaining, I've even got an idea of where I'll be going to have top surgery.  I've come back into contact with an aunt from my male parent's side of the family.  That's pretty much it for the positives. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's going great.

I am losing weight.

I have work practice. I will get a decent reference after I am done with work practice.

I get to properly deal with my social anxiety.

I am becoming more physically fit.

I am starting to consider looking for a girlfriend. I have one or two potential ones, but we'll see.

Commissioning is going great.

I am slowly getting more and more friends I enjoy talking to.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty well as it got later on.

I had a life changing event in January (related to brain health), which before that I was having major mental breakdowns almost every day (which probably lead up to it), so I've worked on changing my ways actually this time, and not just saying I'm going to and not doing anything. It was a real scare for me, and this year has had it's hiccups, but it's only gotten better from there.

Funny how the most serious things bring out happy times.

• Brohoof 1

This year, like most recent years, hasn't been great. As time goes on I feel like I am becoming more and more depressed regardless of what I do. I fear the future, I seem to hate myself more with each passing day and enjoying things has been increasingly difficult thanks to those things and anxiety. Of course, there are some positives, like my boyfriend of course, but I have also grown more distant from any of my offline friends and my family. Then there is all of the shit that Trump is doing that creates even more stress.

So I guess this has been a fairly bad year. I don't think any upcoming years will be much different, unfortunately. Reading about all of the things everyone else is doing makes me feel even worse.

Not bad. Because of the new minimum wages in Washington, my pay was raised from $9.20 to $11.20, and I work in a new department. I foolishly spent way too much money on a new bike and regret it, but other than that, it's been pretty good.