Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Show wrapping up after Season 8?

CastletonSnob

3 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I feel like the show is going to end with Season 8. I think the writers are tying up the show's remaining loose ends (Apple Parents, Rainbow Dash parents).

What do you think?

That's tying up SOME loose ends. That's not enough though. It does look like stuff with the Mane Six are getting wrapped up, but characters like Spike, Scootaloo, Starlight, Babs, Lightning Dust, Discord, and Tirek - no, not yet. It already took a long time for Spike to finally get taken seriously, and there's still alot with him that still needs to get done like where he came from, how he ended up at Celestia's school, and what his destiny is - plus an episode that can settle things with Rarity, and also some episodes with certain other characters that really should be done. Lightning Dust, we don't know her fate yet. Babs, we need to see her one more time to explain some things about her life that's not answered yet. Discord, we don't know his origins yet. Tirek, we don't know Scorpan's side of the story. Scootaloo, we haven't met her parents yet and a conclusion to Scootaloo's flying problem.

I have the feeling the show will wrap up around season 9 or season 10. The show can't end yet. In all things considered though, the movie is just gonna make the show stronger! Should last for at least 2 more seasons after that!

• Brohoof 2

Depends on Hasbro's bottom line

If FiM continues to be profitable, they'll keep it going. Thankfully, season 7 shows that even when the show's lasted so long, it can still deliver the goods

• Brohoof 4

51 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I feel like the show is going to end with Season 8. I think the writers are tying up the show's remaining loose ends (Apple Parents, Rainbow Dash parents).

What do you think?

I would be perfectly fine if the show was to end with season 8. I certainly would prefer for the show to end on a high note instead of degenerating into mediocrity like so many others before it. This being said, if the writers can keep up the incredible work they have put into seasons 4, 5, and 6, I see no reason why the show should not continue on for several more seasons.

10 seasons would be a nice, round number to end on. It has an air of importance about it. That would be my preference; anything in excess of 10 seasons total is milking it a bit too far in my honest opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't care anyways, since I think Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow are the first four useless Mane Six ponies as of second half of Season 7.

Since we know we're getting a Season 8 (with 26 episodes), there's still a chance for Pinkie Pie to finally have an episode that also focuses on the CMCs and one with Fluttershy (but nopony else, unlike Buckball Season). For once, the Crusaders still have yet to interact with ponies other than Rarity, AJ and RD.

(edited)

Dear lord, I hope not. I'm not going to accept that. Nuh uh. Even if it does end, I will be there until the very end! Also, I asked the directors while I was at Everfree NW if they were going to end the show soon, and guess what they said? They said no.

Edited by Stickman, The Legend
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

Dear lord, I hope not. I'm not going to accept that. Nuh uh. Even if it does end, I will be there until the very end! Also, I asked the directors while I was at Everfree NW if they were going to end the show soon, and guess what they said? They said no.

That's good! We don't need the show ending prematurely! Like I said, there's still alot of things to wrap up first!

I very well doubt that the show will be ending in Season 8, considering MLP is one of Hasbro's Cash Cow shows. They're gonna find many ways to milk that cow until they no longer have something to get out of it. But even if it does come to that, I'm sure that a Gen 5 MLP would be under way later.

(edited)
1 minute ago, Heart Container said:

I very well doubt that the show will be ending in Season 8, considering MLP is one of Hasbro's Cash Cow shows. They're gonna find many ways to milk that cow until they no longer have something to get out of it. But even if it does come to that, I'm sure that a Gen 5 MLP would be under way later.

I even think they'll keep the name, and characters, but with a new and awesome art style. Also, as long as there's more and more bronies coming in, and more MLP YTPs comin' out of creators behinds, we're in check.

Edited by Stickman, The Legend
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Stickman, The Legend said:

I even think they'll keep the name, and characters, but with a new and awesome art style. Also, as long as there's more and more bronies coming in, and more MLP YTPs comin' out of creators behinds, we're in check.

Yeah i agree there

7 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

What do you think?

Depends on the movie's success. If it is a success, on par with its transformers films, it will MOST DEFINITELY NOT end for at least another 2 seasons, they'll keep pumping that train for toy sales.

If the movie bombs or only does middling sales (Break even type deal), then yeah, its probably going to end at 8 and get rebooted. Maybe end with a half season in S9, but pretty much the major thing I think that will dictate the future of the show is the movie.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/24/2017 at 5:29 PM, VG_Addict said:

What do you think?

I actually agree. I think Season 8 may end it. I thought Season 7 would too, so ... 

giphy.gif

On 6/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

Depends on the movie's success. If it is a success, on par with its transformers films

You think it's likely that My Little Pony is going to make as much money as an entry in the Transformers movie franchise?

Brad-Pitt-1.gif

I have so many conflicted emotions about that belief it's impossible to untangle them. Can't ... even ... unpack that ... one.