Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Since your music helps you get into the flow of arting (your muse if you will) I was wondering it you recall what you had on when creating this Daybreaker?

smol_daybreaker_by_mirroredsea-dbacndl.j

Of course! It was The Horrors' Luminous album songs :)

3 minutes ago, Lunar Echo said:

Do you like kitty cats?

I LOVE kitty cats! :) I remember the time when I didn't liked them at all, but yeah, tastes change fast :0

4 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

I'd say if you keep up the kind of work that you've been doing, you're well on your way!  I love the passion you clearly display for what you do and can't wait to see what else you can come up with.

Random, silly question, but I just have to ask, what inspired your hilarious and ridiculously adorable pic of AJ with a chicken on her head?  It is so randomly cute and funny, cracks me up every time I see it! ^_^ :wub:

I really hope so, thank you! :) 

Oh, that's pure Zelda inspiration :D There was this clip with female link and a chicken of her head
Somehow I saw applejack being in this situation and decided to draw something like this right away :D

• Brohoof 5

Just now, mirroredsea said:

Oh, that's pure Zelda inspiration :D There was this clip with female link and a chicken of her head
Somehow I saw applejack being in this situation and decided to draw something like this right away :D

Oh that's fantastic!  I've noticed that most of your art so far are solo-pieces, do you have plans to attempt doing art with multiple characters down the road?

Also, I've commented on this before on your art, but how do you do such a phenomenal job on the ponies manes and tails?  You seem to just have a fantastic command over hair in general, which I imagine is something that is very difficult for many artists (and I have seen this within this fandom many, many times), but it's not just a command, you seem to love using their manes and tails to make the characters even more expressive!

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

@mirroredsea

4. Do you have any favorite films?

5. How do you feel about the Horror genre?

6. What kind of video games did you used to play?

4. Right now I'm not sure.. I could name some, but there's no favourite anymore
5. One of the best genres for me, so of course! :D Well, movie-wise. If it's an anime or some other cartoon, I'd probably go for the cute and funny stuff ^^;
6. Just like with music, all random kinds :) Whatever I'd find in store :orly:

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Hey-lo, Mirrored! :D I was recommended by a friend of mine about your art. Your pieces are absolutely pleasant and beautiful to look at.

I have a question:

As someone who'll dabble in art during my free time (i.e., drawing, doodling, landscape painting, fanfic writing), there have been times when it seems to go well, only to have it go sour or not go the way you plan it. Whenever a work doesn't go the way you like it, what do you do? Do you revise it, start over, treat it like a "happy accident" (like what Bob Ross used to say), or something else?

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Lunar Echo said:

Would you hug this cat, he really wants a hug?

8ca8287d480418b710041832fa40722d.jpg

Who wouldn't? :D

2 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Oh that's fantastic!  I've noticed that most of your art so far are solo-pieces, do you have plans to attempt doing art with multiple characters down the road?

Also, I've commented on this before on your art, but how do you do such a phenomenal job on the ponies manes and tails?  You seem to just have a fantastic command over hair in general, which I imagine is something that is very difficult for many artists (and I have seen this within this fandom many, many times), but it's not just a command, you seem to love using their manes and tails to make the characters even more expressive!

I do want to draw more characters in one, but usually it takes out all the fun :( But I'll still try later in the future! :D

While I was on my long 'non drawing but learning' session, I once watched manga artist live drawing.. He showed these lines http://i.imgur.com/R3CPVkK.png and said: "you'll never go wrong with lines like this". I doubted at first and continued to use one line, but now all my manes and tails are based on these two curved lines :D A very nice way of drawing flowing things like hair, because while being seemingly simple, it has a mass to it and able to show a lot more than one line at a time :)

• Brohoof 4

Another question:

A lot of your art pieces (such as the ones previewed) have a pastel, watercolor-like look, atmosphere, and composition. What is your inspiration into drawing into that art direction?

• Brohoof 2

(I'm still kinda salty for missing the Quartzy ama...) 

If you could give drawing advice to your younger self, what would you tell him/her? 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Woohoo said:

What's your favorite flavor of cupcakes?

I'd go for a rainbow one :orly: But seriously, I don't a favourite :P

5 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Hey-lo, Mirrored! :D I was recommended by a friend of mine about your art. Your pieces are absolutely pleasant and beautiful to look at.

I have a question:

As someone who'll dabble in art during my free time (i.e., drawing, doodling, landscape painting, fanfic writing), there have been times when it seems to go well, only to have it go sour or not go the way you plan it. Whenever a work doesn't go the way you like it, what do you do? Do you revise it, start over, treat it like a "happy accident" (like what Bob Ross used to say), or something else?

Woah, that's really cool! To think that somebody recommended my art.. It's amazing! :D

Yeah, sometimes it happens :( I guess it depends on artwork style. Treating it like a happy accident is great for an artistic look, while with the line art I'd probably start over. I think It's a lot easier to see things that are wrong in line than paint :) But that's just how I see it ^^;

12 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Another question:

A lot of your art pieces (such as the ones previewed) have a pastel, watercolor-like look, atmosphere, and composition. What is your inspiration into drawing into that art direction?

I just love watercolor :D I've always used it in traditional drawings (even though it was a long time ago), so I guess I tend to draw watercolor-like sometimes :) Also old habits ^^;

11 minutes ago, Coffee said:

(I'm still kinda salty for missing the Quartzy ama...) 

If you could give drawing advice to your younger self, what would you tell him/her? 

Start drawing right away and everyday! I was super lazy, so now I regret all my missed time :(

• Brohoof 4

27 minutes ago, mirroredsea said:

While I was on my long 'non drawing but learning' session, I once watched manga artist live drawing.. He showed these lines http://i.imgur.com/R3CPVkK.png and said: "you'll never go wrong with lines like this". I doubted at first and continued to use one line, but now all my manes and tails are based on these two curved lines :D A very nice way of drawing flowing things like hair, because while being seemingly simple, it has a mass to it and able to show a lot more than one line at a time :)

That's a really great and unique piece of advice, and a really cool story as to how you learned it and picked it up, I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!

OK everypony, mirroredsea has to leave for now, but since things seem to be picking up a bit and some stragglers are coming in, we're going to leave the Q&A open for now so that people can get some last minute questions out there if they want to.  Mirroredsea will get to new questions sometime tomorrow when he has the time.  A huge thank you once again to mirroredsea for joining us this evening, and we wish him all the best as he continues to work on honing and improving his already beautiful craft!!! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Heya! I don't really know you well but judging from your art.. it's amazing! So.. two questions that I normally ask (if you get to them)

1. Do you like pie?

2. How long have you been drawing for?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Coffee said:

What's the oldest drawing you have in your possession? 

I don't really have any of my old drawings ^^; I wish I had though!

6 hours ago, VinylWubs said:

Heya! I don't really know you well but judging from your art.. it's amazing! So.. two questions that I normally ask (if you get to them)

1. Do you like pie?

2. How long have you been drawing for?

Thank you! :D
1. I do like it, but we almost never get it :( 
2. I'd say from 2015, but if more accurately, since childhood (like most of us, I guess) :P

6 hours ago, Woohoo said:

How did you come up with your username?

It comes from a song by Passion Pit  :D But I actually had other variations in mind... Turns out I actually saved them! http://i.imgur.com/9XuvYQ3.png

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

And with that, our Q&A with mirroredsea has come to a close!  Thank you once again for partaking in this fun event with us, mirroredsea, you were an absolutely splendid guest and it seems like everyone involved had a lot of fun getting to know you more.  Best of luck with your art as it continues to develop, and hopefully you gained some new fans after this event.  Hope everyone who participated had a great time, and thank you all for giving mirroredsea such a warm welcome.  Until next time, everypony, this is Batbrony signing off.  I'm off!!! *cue dramatic exit*

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was locked, unfeatured and unpinned