Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst song/songs you've ever heard?

GoldenGumdrop

See You Again by Wiz Khalifa.

There's something about the piano that gives the same annoyance to my ear as a mosquito buzzing. And I don't really like trap in general. And I've never seen Fast and Furious.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

hmmm some of my most hated that I can think of right now;

Anything by Niki Minaj, Iggy or any female rapper that just makes noise and sings about sex >.<

Blurred Lines <--- HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!

Oh and of course Bieber. I think Boyfriend is the one that I freaking despise the most. At least his other songs sound like songs? I dunno i think ive only ever heard them in passing in the pub or on TV. I'd only be able to point out which one is Baby Baby Baby because youtube ripped it to shreds lol

(making me sad and old with some of your suggestions guys LOL *cries in a corner*)

Edited by StormBlaze
  • Brohoof 4

Pretty much modern pop music (with few exceptions). Songs are generally the same (literally the same, they have actual same chord progressions even or song structure)., have loads of autotune to mask singer's inability to sing, lyrics are recycling same themes over and over (love, partying or just random, meaningless words fused together to sound catchy), melodies are generally very primitive. Even when pop singers try to sound deep etc, it comes out as over the top and pretensious. Good example is Adele IMO. She has great voice and talent, but tries to show off way too much with it. Sometimes less is more and she really should realize it. Showing off with musical abilities is great

In Poland there is a genre we call "Disco polo". Absolute musical cancer. So primitive work of western pop bands sounds complex when compared to it. Feel free to check it out. And thank whoever You believe in for not understanding polish. It saves You from a fast travel to oncology wing in the nearest hospital.

But then, I listen mostly to rock/metal (along with plenty of other genres of course) so I also have to pick something from my own field. Trashing pop music and pretending there is no crap elsewhere just isn't my thing), so time to drag out the absolute worst rock/metal band in the business.

Sonic Syndicate. What can I say? At first... average melodic death metal band, eventually accepted every worst trait of pop bands - loads of autotune, generic playing, poor lyrics and to be "metal" they acted like bunch of tough guys and ended up looking extremely silly. Listening to Burn This City says enough if You dare.

That's pretty much it. I won't be bringing up Justin Bieber, Nickelback or Linkin Park - Heavy here. Yes, they are pretty bad. But it'd be literally copy-pasting opinion of most people around  here. 

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

Pretty much modern pop music (with few exceptions). Songs are generally the same (literally the same, they have actual same chord progressions even or song structure)., have loads of autotune to mask singer's inability to sing, lyrics are recycling same themes over and over (love, partying or just random, meaningless words fused together to sound catchy), melodies are generally very primitive. Even when pop singers try to sound deep etc, it comes out as over the top and pretensious. Good example is Adele IMO. She has great voice and talent, but tries to show off way too much with it. Sometimes less is more and she really should realize it. Showing off with musical abilities is great

In Poland there is a genre we call "Disco polo". Absolute musical cancer. So primitive work of western pop bands sounds complex when compared to it. Feel free to check it out. And thank whoever You believe in for not understanding polish. It saves You from a fast travel to oncology wing in the nearest hospital.

But then, I listen mostly to rock/metal (along with plenty of other genres of course) so I also have to pick something from my own field. Trashing pop music and pretending there is no crap elsewhere just isn't my thing), so time to drag out the absolute worst rock/metal band in the business.

Sonic Syndicate. What can I say? At first... average melodic death metal band, eventually accepted every worst trait of pop bands - loads of autotune, generic playing, poor lyrics and to be "metal" they acted like bunch of tough guys and ended up looking extremely silly. Listening to Burn This City says enough if You dare.

That's pretty much it. I won't be bringing up Justin Bieber, Nickelback or Linkin Park - Heavy here. Yes, they are pretty bad. But it'd be literally copy-pasting opinion of most people around  here. 

I agree with everything you say, but retracted my brohoof because Im a Nickelback and Linkin Park Fan (older LP stuff though)

I just want to recommend that people watch "Sing" as Hugo's statement is highlighted somewhat in that film. One character stands out by making a statement towards the modern day pop songs by being sarcastic and ironic about it. But the big thing I dont like in that film is that they make the did lunged pop singer the main star at the end with the biggest performance. It annoys me because yeah ok there is talent in this category, but christ they all sound the same. Its that Mariah Carey sub genre of singing that all teenage girls can now do it seems. Its not special anymore because apprently everyone can sing like that - which annoys me even more as showing off throwing your voice and long notes around with crazy ranges is how you win crap contests like X Factor. 

4 minutes ago, StormBlaze said:

I agree with everything you say, but retracted my brohoof because Im a Nickelback and Linkin Park Fan (older LP stuff though)

I just want to recommend that people watch "Sing" as Hugo's statement is highlighted somewhat in that film. One character stands out by making a statement towards the modern day pop songs by being sarcastic and ironic about it. But the big thing I dont like in that film is that they make the did lunged pop singer the main star at the end with the biggest performance. It annoys me because yeah ok there is talent in this category, but christ they all sound the same. Its that Mariah Carey sub genre of singing that all teenage girls can now do it seems. Its not special anymore because apprently everyone can sing like that - which annoys me even more as showing off throwing your voice and long notes around with crazy ranges is how you win crap contests like X Factor. 

To clarify I don't believe Nickelback etc deserve even half of hate they receive from general audience. That's why I didn't want to put it on my list. I feel like it is just a hatetrain built for people to feel like they are superior with their own taste. Music-wise they never did anything impressive, but I feel like people trash the band so hard even Justin Bieber gets less hate online (and that says a lot). There are people going so far they say Nickelback music is used as a torture during interrogation. Now this is going way too far. I sometimes admire Nickelback itself for just ignoring the hate. I'd feel like crap hearing my music is a legitimate torture. 

And with Linkin Park I pointed out specific song - Heavy. The rest of their stuff doesn't really get much hate online. And I actually listened to their older stuff too at times :P  We all know Heavy, some people react on it like bulls react on red colour. I don't like the song myself. But when I hear people constantly trashing one stupid song like it's a capital offence I feel tempted to dive through those people's playlists and drag out every single song that has similiar level of complexity. 

• Brohoof 2

The obvious answer would be Rebecca Black's Friday, but I kinda find it to be entertainingly bad.

Besides that I really really really don't like meme songs like Gangam Style, The Harlem Shake, Watch me Whip, and What Does the Fox Say?

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/25/2017 at 4:41 PM, Nerdy Luigi said:

I Gotta Feeling by the Black-Eyed Peas. This song is the bane of my existence :^)

Though almost all pop songs since the 90's have been at least somewhat bad in my opinion.

That and also a couple of entire genres:

Rap. Literally the entire genre is garbage... It's not even remotely close to music from my standpoint. It's just the worst poetry I've ever heard.

Country. I know this would offend almost everyone around, but I'm sick and tired of country music. This is the genre where vocals are at their literal worst as well.

That song where Skrillex repeats the words “Rock and Roll” over and over again.

That song where some guy wants every female in a hotel room to do you-know-what.

Any mine craft/five nights at freddy’s rap 

Anything by Ed Sheeran - He's so boring. 

Ylvis - What Does The Fox Say?

Black Eyed Pead - My Humps and I Got A Feeling 

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction 

Eminem - Just Loose It 

• Brohoof 1

The first song that springs to mind is Irreplaceable by Beyonce. The writing is absolutely appalling, for instance rhyming 'minute' with itself in the chorus. I also consider it to be far too condescending to actually sound positively empowering, which I suppose she was going for.

Another song that instantly comes to mind is Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Sweet Lord, I've never heard a song so degrading as that one. Honestly, I hate political correctness, I can't stand people getting offended over every little thing, but that song is just horrendous. I really don't care if they're just dicking around with the lyrics, it's just so condescending and patronizing and I dearly hope none of those guys actually think like that in real life.

While I'm on that subject anyway, Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes. In the video clip, the girl's old boyfriend is abusive, but judging by the lyrics alone it's just about a guy who is adamant he can treat the girl better than her current boyfriend, and he expresses this by basically just saying she should be with him because he wants her, while making no more than the barest of efforts to actually relate to her feelings. Hell, even with the clip the lyrics are still too focused on the singer to convince me he'd indeed be better.

Last on this particular subject, Right Next Door by Robert Cray. This song is basically about a guy who convinced a girl to have sex with him, and is now hearing the resulting argument she has with her boyfriend ('the man who really loves her') and how they're breaking up. I don't care if the singer is remorseful, he's still a massive dick for doing it and the lyrics almost make it seem like he's bragging about it. ('She was right next door and I'm such a strong persuader, she was just another notch on my guitar')

I also really don't like the song Born This Way by Lady Gaga. Much like the before with Irreplaceable, I feel like the wording is sabotaging its own goals. 'I'm beautiful in my way, 'cause God makes no mistakes'. Really? Is that what you're going for, is this the one assertion you have that everyone has beauty? Only that it has to be so, because 'God makes no mistakes'? Aside from that, I also just don't like the music much.

There's also a Dutch song, which I believe is called 'Ik Mis Je' (I miss you), which basically consists of the singer horribly abusing a whole string of verbs which just so happen to rhyme, and which people considered very profound and emotional because she wrote it for her deceased parents. While I get the sentiment, having lost my mother, I still don't think that uttering a bunch of verbs which don't quite fit the meaning you're trying to convey is a profound way of dealing with it. Again, I also just don't like the music.

I'm fairly sure there are more songs I don't like, but here are some more blanket artists and genres I dislike: Adele (except Someone Like You and Hello), Maroon 5 (except She Will Be Loved, Payphone, and Animals) Lana Del Rey, Regina Spektor, and the entire jazz genre, which actually makes me physically ill.

All in all, a pretty huge list of horrible songs, then. I'm sure I hate many more songs, but these are probably the worst ones.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, ultrairongorilla said:

I still think the song, "Stupid Hoe" by Nicki Minaj is the worst song I've ever heard. I don't know how anybody could listen to this for more than 30 seconds without going crazy.:scoots:

Out of Bile Fascination, I gave it a listen on YouTube just now.

...And you're right; I couldn't even bear 30 seconds of it.

(edited)

The worst Songs i have ever heard all come from one Band : The Crooked Vultures. Pretty sure that was their name. I never have heard about them but i saw one of their Albums in a library for sale and pretty cheap. So i bought it and it was horrible. Not a single song was interesting to me, all of them were boring with no melody that would stuck in your head. Apparently the Lyrics to most of these songs, or even all of them ( i didnt listened to the whole album, just a bit over half of it ) , are all bad and depressing, singing about life being shit, relationships being shit, with an album quote like : Nothing is possible. Or it was something similar to that.

I guess the Crooked Vultures is a Band you should listen too, if you want to kill yourself.

Edited by Dune_Gosbil

Anything by Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch etc.

... all that noise. It ages like milk.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I've already mentioned "Shake It Off." Now I'll list a few more songs I think are the worst. :glimmer:

• Dancing Queen - ABBA
  • My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
  • Marvin Gaye - Charlie Puth
  • American Pie - Don McLean
  • St. Anger - Metallica
  • Last Christmas - Wham
  • Hello - Adele
  • Sorry - Justin Bieber
  • Hey Jude - The Beatles
  • I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
  • Chandelier - Sia
  • How You Remind Me - Nickelback
  • Treat You Better - Shawn Mendes
  • This is What You Came For - Rihanna
  • We Built This City - Starship
  • Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

OK, that's more than a few... :please:

Edited by Woohoo

(edited)

Luckily I am spared most modern pop music. I would say that it isn't so much that pop music sucks, but hearing it over and over makes it suck. 

What's that song "I'm a rebel just for kicks, since 1966." I can't stand it. It's catchy enough to be heard maybe once a year. But it's all over the place.

Edited by BronyNumber42licious