Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Summerpalooza 3.0 Contest: Family Is Magic!!!

Batbrony

2 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

How you been Jokuc?  Think you might take a swing at our little contest? :muffins:

Been pretty good. Trying to get things done but it's not working out very well. And I think I'll pass, didn't even read the post, too long :P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Jokuc said:

Been pretty good. Trying to get things done but it's not working out very well. And I think I'll pass, didn't even read the post, too long :P

That's alright, no worries, and I hope things start working out better for you with whatever you're trying to get done.  Take care, Swedish brony friend! :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I will say mine has a few chapters, but I will try to keep it under the minimum. I hope it won't be too terrible. It won't be that long though (at least what I have planned, so I probably won't come near exceeding 30,000 words. I will say it will probably not be acceptable for canon due to how I did it.

Oh and @Batbrony, I can't seem to find the character pictures of Honey and Stellar on your post anymore, even though it didn't say it was edited. I already saved the pictures, but others may want to see it.

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 2

@Foxy Socks that absence of those two was actually intentional.  I can't say much in the way of details, but long story short, basically those two are as of this moment NOT Poniverse mascots anymore.  I apologize for any confusion, and if you were planning on using those two, feel free to still do so, they just won't be up for qualifying to be a part of Poniverse mascot canon is all, but by all means, if you were already using them, go for it.  Once again, sorry for any inconvenience.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

@Foxy Socks that absence of those two was actually intentional.  I can't say much in the way of details, but long story short, basically those two are as of this moment NOT Poniverse mascots anymore.  I apologize for any confusion, and if you were planning on using those two, feel free to still do so, they just won't be up for qualifying to be a part of Poniverse mascot canon is all, but by all means, if you were already using them, go for it.  Once again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Really? That may actually be a good thing as I am using them and the way I plan to write them would go against it a bit.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

Really? That may actually be a good thing as I am using them and the way I plan to write them would go against it a bit.

Works for me then, and yeah, go for it.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finished mine, so I should post it soon hopefully (only have a few days of course). I will say mine is probably pretty bad and cringeworthy (especially one part), but I want to participate, so I will post it soon. 

7 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

Finished mine, so I should post it soon hopefully (only have a few days of course). I will say mine is probably pretty bad and cringeworthy (especially one part), but I want to participate, so I will post it soon. 

Hey, glad to hear it buddy, thanks so much for taking the time to write something up!  And seriously, I'm sure it will be quite enjoyable indeed, don't be so hard on yourself.  You should be proud that you produced anything my friend, that's what we really want, to just engage people enough to come up with anything.  Can't wait to read it! :muffins:

I have to admit mine is coming along waaaaaay slower than I'd hoped. Turns out writing's way harder than I thought. I've got a good deal more respect for writers now, and I had a lot already.

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

I have to admit mine is coming along waaaaaay slower than I'd hoped. Turns out writing's way harder than I thought. I've got a good deal more respect for writers now, and I had a lot already.

Yes, it can be QUITE time consuming, speaking from personal experience. ^_^  But thank you for sticking to it, can't wait to see what you come up with!  Just a little over one week left, but you've got this!!! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Well I managed to finish it. I actually had to restart from scratch with a new story about a week ago because my other one was just gonna be too long and take way too much time. I'll write that one at my own pace and finish it someday, but I think my new one is decent. I hope you enjoy. ;)

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Well I managed to finish it. I actually had to restart from scratch with a new story about a week ago because my other one was just gonna be too long and take way too much time. I'll write that one at my own pace and finish it someday, but I think my new one is decent. I hope you enjoy. ;)

Ah, many thanks Totally Lyra, I can't wait to read it!  I'm sorry you had to start over at the last minute to put something else together, for any inconvenience it may have caused you that is, but again, thank you for entering a submission to our contest!  So far this has already been quite a successful contest as far as our number of submissions goes! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I did a few last minute grammar changes to my story, after someone pointed them out for me. I hope that you really enjoy reading it and that it will give you all the feels. <3

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I did a few last minute grammar changes to my story, after someone pointed them out for me. I hope that you really enjoy reading it and that it will give you all the feels. <3

That's perfectly OK, as I have yet to go through your fic plus the contest is still technically ongoing until the stroke of midnight tonight.  Best of luck to all participating, and remember, to those who have yet to submit their fics, you have less than 24 hours left to do so! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I came on the site last night after an absence and I saw this new contest. I was interested so I am posting a new story today, the final day. It's supposed to make people think rather than have a tightly bound story. I hope the title along with the story itself can help the reader think of the underlying issues that can be invoked. PM me if you have any questions about the story either here or at fimfiction. I should link the story here soon.

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Silver Letter said:

I came on the site last night after an absence and I saw this new contest. I was interested so I am posting a new story today, the final day. It's supposed to make people think rather than have a tightly bound story. I hope the title along with the story itself can help the reader think of the underlying issues that can be invoked. PM me if you have any questions about the story either here or at fimfiction. I should link the story here soon.

Oh wow, thanks very much Silver!  Glad to hear you could put together a little something for the contest, we've certainly missed seeing you around.  Can't wait to read it, your fics are always quite a delight to go through. :kindness:

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Oh wow, thanks very much Silver!  Glad to hear you could put together a little something for the contest, we've certainly missed seeing you around.  Can't wait to read it, your fics are always quite a delight to go through. :kindness:

Thank you. I've missed writing pony stuff. I've been busy lately and I couldn't do much. I hope all the stories are good.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382476/chicanery

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

Just wondering, even if the submission period is over, are minor edits like spelling/grammar allowed if found?

Go for it, as long as your fic is in you're good.

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was unpinned and unfeatured